How to know the manufacture date of new and uSed OMNIA !

Guest yts17

Guest yts17

I wanna buy new omnia but without warranty. so i wanna make sure the one I buy is the new OMNIA with the new Touch screen and the one that can be updated safly with any rom !

ANy one know where can I find the manufacture date ! or how could i know if that OMNIA is old or new relased !

also what do you people recommend me to do to test the phone befor buying !

Edited by yts17

Guest Reuben (MY)

*#0206*8376263#

- Shows a screen with the PDA/Phone version numbers, H/W and RFCalDate.

*#7465625#

- (Executes \Windows\Personalize.exe %LOCK_STATUS_INFO) Shows the status of the Network, Service Provider, SIM or Corporation lock.

*#06#

- Shows IMEI number.

Guest yts17
*#0206*8376263#

- Shows a screen with the PDA/Phone version numbers, H/W and RFCalDate.

*#7465625#

- (Executes \Windows\Personalize.exe %LOCK_STATUS_INFO) Shows the status of the Network, Service Provider, SIM or Corporation lock.

*#06#

- Shows IMEI number.

ok thanks for your reply. but what is the H/W and RFCalDate. is that what I'm looking for

Guest WoZZeR999

Wow dude, calm down. We aren't here to serve you.

Do you have access to the used omnia? You can check what rom it has, that won't tell you when it was manufactured, but if the person you are buying it from has an old rom on it, they may not have ever updated it. Does the person have the box? I have a i910, so the boxes are different, but there may be some clue on the box to tell you when it was 'born'.

Ask your question, wait a few days, if nothing, then bump it.

Guest fashion_m

See the ROM version in Settings - System - Version. This is the ROM version structure:

i900 - > model designation (SGH-i900).

XX - > region / network carrier designation (XX = Spain - open Market).

G - > release year (E = 2007).

K - > release month (K = November).

1 - > version number.

Release years:

D = 2004

E = 2005

F = 2006

G = 2007

H = 2008

Release months:

A = January

B = February

C = March

D = April

E = May

F = June

G = July

H = August

I = September

J = October

K = November

L = December

Please note that this will tel you the ROM date, not the device manufacture date. If the ROM has never been updated, its date will be close to the actual device manufacture date.

Guest ronaldb3

Very interesting info guys.

But I'm not sure how to decipher it.

A couple of questions if someone has the time and answers.

Will the H/W info or the RFCalDate help to determine if you have the better screen?

I guess we would also need to know about when the better screen was introduced into the production line. Does anyone know this?

Thanks,

Ron...

Guest yts17
Wow dude, calm down. We aren't here to serve you.

Do you have access to the used omnia? You can check what rom it has, that won't tell you when it was manufactured, but if the person you are buying it from has an old rom on it, they may not have ever updated it. Does the person have the box? I have a i910, so the boxes are different, but there may be some clue on the box to tell you when it was 'born'.

Ask your question, wait a few days, if nothing, then bump it.

thanks for the info , man i'm a big fan of the omnia anof this fourm MODACO. so i was really sad that when i'm going to join you gusy and buy my omnia you let me down B) . but here are what i waited for . thanks I will see what i can get . maybe i will be lucky with the new ones !

Guest yts17

oh really Am I lazy . btw I said thanks for joing my thread not for the info givin . I already knew all that info . but man if you think you are the one. could you please use google an get me the info about the DATE the omnia was born without opening the BOX !

people you are too positive these days !!!!! tahnks for joinig the thread and not for your words

Guest meabigbaldguy
oh really Am I lazy . btw I said thanks for joing my thread not for the info givin . I already knew all that info . but man if you think you are the one. could you please use google an get me the info about the DATE the omnia was born without opening the BOX !

people you are too positive these days !!!!! tahnks for joinig the thread and not for your words

Honestly, I'm sure that your concern is valid - at least in your perspective - but if I were you, I would just stop stressing over it and just buy the damn thing. I mean if you like the phone that much, then just buy it. If you're so concerned about having the latest hardware on the device, then walk into an electronics store and fork over the cash for one. Chances are you will get what you are looking for! If you don't want to fork over so much cash, then you can do two things... buy a used one, or go to Asia and buy a new one. I'm sure that you'll probably have better luck with the first of the two options. You'll still get a great phone, and as far as I know, most can be safely upgraded with new ROMs - provided that it's not branded.

I bought mine whilst traveling in Singapore - dirt cheap mind you! I purchased it in September 08, unbranded and unlocked, have flashed it with three different custom ROMs, the latest which is by Taril and is superb. I've haven't had any issues to complain about other than a few small bugs with some third party stuff, and in my opinion, the phone is almost fully customisable in terms of the amount of tweaks, custom apps, and ROMs... all of which I've found here or have done myself.

Just buy it! You'll sleep better at night.

Guest yts17
Honestly, I'm sure that your concern is valid - at least in your perspective - but if I were you, I would just stop stressing over it and just buy the damn thing. I mean if you like the phone that much, then just buy it. If you're so concerned about having the latest hardware on the device, then walk into an electronics store and fork over the cash for one. Chances are you will get what you are looking for! If you don't want to fork over so much cash, then you can do two things... buy a used one, or go to Asia and buy a new one. I'm sure that you'll probably have better luck with the first of the two options. You'll still get a great phone, and as far as I know, most can be safely upgraded with new ROMs - provided that it's not branded.

I bought mine whilst traveling in Singapore - dirt cheap mind you! I purchased it in September 08, unbranded and unlocked, have flashed it with three different custom ROMs, the latest which is by Taril and is superb. I've haven't had any issues to complain about other than a few small bugs with some third party stuff, and in my opinion, the phone is almost fully customisable in terms of the amount of tweaks, custom apps, and ROMs... all of which I've found here or have done myself.

Just buy it! You'll sleep better at night.

Thanks man. really decent reply B) . I will just go an buy it . but if it the bad one you will own me your omnia when mine is bricked :( ..