s0cks ROM: Omnia WM 6.1 DXID1 [ENG] with all default APP!

Guest s0cks

Guest Zealster

Hey s0cks, I only have one problem with your ROM:

When I accidently press the Camera button without holding it, there is no setting for it and it says "shortcut is invalid or missing" and it hangs the system and I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to solve it. How can I fix this so it doesn't happen? I've tried searching for button settings, but I can't figure out how to work it :D

I am using Pointui Home2, and it hangs PointUI, but how can I fix it so there is a link at least so it won't popup with this error so I don't have to reset my phone? Thanks!

Guest sinancetinkaya

I have tried many roms including wm6.5

I've done benchmark tests with every roms that I installed

Honestly, this rom is by far the fastest

most of wm6.1 and wm6.5 roms's benchmark scores were around 460

Khuanchai's wm6.5 roms gave 600-610

s0cks roms gave 685

Guest omniacwazy

s0cks roms gave 685

Hi..i am very curious to know...how do you test a ROM? What software(s) are used? Thanks..

Guest Zealster
Hi..i am very curious to know...how do you test a ROM? What software(s) are used? Thanks..

SPB Benchmark I think is the software, I think.

Also s0cks disregard my last post. I fixed it; it was an error I caused accidently. :D

Guest sinancetinkaya

Yes it's SPB Benchmark as Zealster said

Guest Geronymous

Hi s0cks!

Coming from another thread ( http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...m/#entry1033438 )...

Can you please check if the ROM posted on this site ( http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2009/02/cu...2-update-1.html , you need to click on the donwload link to see that it is not a DXIA2 but a DXID1) is yours?

Because first we thought it was from Taril, but looking at this thread after having installed it, I think it is yours :D

Edited by Geronymous

Guest RustyOmnia

Hi s0cks

I want to try your ROM, looks like you are getting great feedback. Only one question, does it include the BT fix like the DXID1 roms from Khuanchai. I'm looking for a ROM for Omnia WM6.1 with all the default apps and the BT fix. If yours dont include could someone advice me if this exists and where can I find it.

I last flashed with Khuanchai's DXID1 21028 from DXIA5.

Thanx in Advance!!!!!!!!

Guest omniacwazy

Thanks, Zealster and sinancetinkaya...i am still v.new to windows mobile altho i had flashed a few ROMs to my OMNIA i900 16gb.

I hv tis problem which I don't know whether its due to a faulty bluetooth earpiece or due to bugs in a ROM. After pairing using b/t, whenever i received or made a call, i could hear via the earpiece the ringing sound and subsequently the greeting by the receiver. But when i replied, the other party just could not hear anything, and kept saying 'Hello' a few times before hanging up on me.

I had flashed quite a few ROMs

Guest omniacwazy

Thanks, Zealster and sinancetinkaya...i am still v.new to windows mobile altho i had flashed a few ROMs to my OMNIA i900 16gb.

I hv tis problem which I don't know whether its due to a faulty bluetooth earpiece or due to bugs in a ROM. After pairing using b/t, whenever i received or made a call, i could hear via the earpiece the ringing sound and subsequently the greeting by the receiver. But when i replied, the other party just could not hear anything, and kept saying 'Hello' a few times before hanging up on me.

I had flashed quite a few ROMs but

Guest omniacwazy

I had flashed quite a few ROMs but the

Guest omniacwazy

I had flashed quite a few ROMs but the problem r

Guest omniacwazy

I had flashed quite a few ROMs but the problem remained u

Guest omniacwazy

I had flashed quite a few ROMs but the problem remained unsolved.

Guest omniacwazy

I had flashed quite a few ROMs but the problem remained unsolved. The

Guest omniacwazy

I had flashed quite a few ROMs but the problem remained unsolved. The ROMs m

Guest omniacwazy

My goodness!!..whatever happened...i was typing a reply when the page just went away and the next thing i knw, i posted so many of the same....can someone help me delete all except ONE? there really should be a 'delete-post' in here but there isnt. perhaps only the mods can do that..pls help!!! much appreciated.

Edited by omniacwazy

I've got to say, since getting my phone back after repair, I flashed from XXHH1 to MSHJ1. After doing this I tried a Shokka 6.5 Rom, which although very good, the WM6.5 is very buggy and so didnt really suit me.

After that I tried t2008's Custom i900 ROM DXID1/Vie12. exROM, which for me either had nothing, a little, or far too much, depending on which version you install. So I decided to look around for another. (I used to love Taril's Roms til he disappeared)

I came across this Rom from s0cks, and installed it. It suits my needs perfectly, installs easily, has most of the apps you need as default, and is very, VERY stable. Well done s0cks, for me, you're the man!

Guest Zealster
I've got to say, since getting my phone back after repair, I flashed from XXHH1 to MSHJ1. After doing this I tried a Shokka 6.5 Rom, which although very good, the WM6.5 is very buggy and so didnt really suit me.

After that I tried t2008's Custom i900 ROM DXID1/Vie12. exROM, which for me either had nothing, a little, or far too much, depending on which version you install. So I decided to look around for another. (I used to love Taril's Roms til he disappeared)

I came across this Rom from s0cks, and installed it. It suits my needs perfectly, installs easily, has most of the apps you need as default, and is very, VERY stable. Well done s0cks, for me, you're the man!

I agree. WM6.5 was very buggy and didn't suit my needs. They have a flashier theme and home screen, but since I don't use the today screen anyways, I decided that since 6.1 was initially on the Omnia, I should probably stick with it. The apps that s0cks put in are pretty much app I use daily, and I don't have many problems other than that.

Guest omniacwazy
I agree. WM6.5 was very buggy and didn't suit my needs. They have a flashier theme and home screen, but since I don't use the today screen anyways, I decided that since 6.1 was initially on the Omnia, I should probably stick with it. The apps that s0cks put in are pretty much app I use daily, and I don't have many problems other than that.

Hi Zealster, was wondering if you could advise me. I have tried to extract the s0cks ROM using WINRAR and 7zip, but does not seem to work for me. How do I get to flash the ROM, if i can't get it out? Appreciate any help.

Guest icenvoy

I cant seem to find the flashlite. I tried some website with flash, but they did not display correctly. May I know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Guest s0cks
S0cks,

Got ur rom working fine. Great job & thanks!

Q:

1. should IE be flash viewable like the Opera?

2. any suggestion on downloading flash video? like what i did with TCPMP

(TCPMP is great with this feature despite its instability)

Thanks...

About your questions:

1. I don't know how to put IE working with flash like Opera! :o I'll try to find a way... but it's not simple...

2. I will test TCPMP (never used before)... but I really don't like instable programs... :D

Hey mate,

Thanks........ can I go from DZIA5 to this ROM??

Yes, you can. No problems. But my ROM doesn't have Chinese INPUT (it's a DX__ version).

Hey mate,

Thanks for your time putting this together......

Great to see 6.1 with the modern updates!

6.5 is over-rated!

any chance to strip this down a little more and/or integrate M2D to it??

Thanks, but M2D changes (A LOT) the purpose of this ROM...

"Almost original"

It's my first time to have my Omnia i900 Flashed and everything went smoothly without a glitch...Many thanks again to Master s0cks's guidance, your ROM is great man...I love it...keep up the good work!

In the process, I was able to document a few highlights during upgrading my

Omnia i900 for your perusal...

Hum...

Thanks for the pictures.

It was so easy, huh? ;)

I hope you enjoy this ROM...

s0cks,

in your next one could you add this cab which removes the phone dial lock. check the atachment.

If anyone wants install this cab it'll remove that annoying phone lock.

I will think about... :)

can you also try to increase page pool like what sector did for his wm6.5 roms? is can that be done through registry?

Can you be more specific? I don't know what is page pool... and why you need this?

Great ROM !!

Congratulations.

I tested several others, including the wm 6.5, but its is the best.

Do not stop the excellent work ...

I just did not use the phone.bin of your rom, because I must use 3G of the TIM (in Brazil).

So my Omnia was this:

PDA: i900DXID1/SK002

Phone: i900LLVMHK1

Thanks and I understand why you don't use my PHONE.bin... :D

Olá S0cks, fiz um full backup do meu omnia comprado na tim versão I900LUIHJ6 em um arquivo chamado i900LUIHJ6.IMG, quando entro no mirage v1.8 para restaurar diz o seguinte:

Analyzing the Combined Image...Error during opening image files!

-Platform not matched!

:The chosen platform and image do not match!

Para fins de garantia ou venda futura gostaria de saber como resolver o problema. agradeço

obs.: Ja atualizei o omnia. e ficou show de bola.

I really don't know how recover your ROM using this .IMG...

But you can search around the forums for the original version of your ROM...

And then update...

Valeu!

Guest s0cks
sorry socks bUT !

I can't find DLNA in your room !

WHy do you remove it !

What is DLNA?

Hey s0cks, I only have one problem with your ROM:

When I accidently press the Camera button without holding it, there is no setting for it and it says "shortcut is invalid or missing" and it hangs the system and I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to solve it. How can I fix this so it doesn't happen? I've tried searching for button settings, but I can't figure out how to work it :D

I am using Pointui Home2, and it hangs PointUI, but how can I fix it so there is a link at least so it won't popup with this error so I don't have to reset my phone? Thanks!

You can change your shortcut buttons through settings panel...

s0cks roms gave 685

Nice to read this! ;)

Thanks!

Also s0cks disregard my last post. I fixed it; it was an error I caused accidently. :o

Sorry, but I didn't disregard your post. I'm very busy these days and I really can't answer the questions...

Hi s0cks!

Coming from another thread ( http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...m/#entry1033438 )...

Can you please check if the ROM posted on this site ( http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2009/02/cu...2-update-1.html , you need to click on the donwload link to see that it is not a DXIA2 but a DXID1) is yours?

Because first we thought it was from Taril, but looking at this thread after having installed it, I think it is yours :D

If you installed... go to Settings and see the VERSION...

If it is SK001 or SK002, it's mine...

If it other version name... it's not mine!

Hi s0cks

I want to try your ROM, looks like you are getting great feedback. Only one question, does it include the BT fix like the DXID1 roms from Khuanchai. I'm looking for a ROM for Omnia WM6.1 with all the default apps and the BT fix. If yours dont include could someone advice me if this exists and where can I find it.

I last flashed with Khuanchai's DXID1 21028 from DXIA5.

Thanx in Advance!!!!!!!!

No. I didn't include because I don't have to test it...

And I, until this moment, don't have access to this fix...

Thanks... :D

Nice! :)

Guest s0cks
I cant seem to find the flashlite. I tried some website with flash, but they did not display correctly. May I know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Are you using my ROM?