s0cks ROM: Omnia WM 6.1 DXID1 [ENG] with all default APP!

Guest s0cks

Guest goran1985

VERY good rom... i had 6,5 and returned it to 6,1 becouse of stabillity... and becouse i'm nostalgic...reminds me on times when TARIL was cooking... ;))

Guest omniacwazy
VERY good rom... i had 6,5 and returned it to 6,1 becouse of stabillity... and becouse i'm nostalgic...reminds me on times when TARIL was cooking... ;) )

Dear all, i really wish to flash s0cks' ROM but i just cant seem to decompress it...due to not familiar with .7z which i cant seem to use WINRAR to unzip...can someone pls help me out? Thanks..

Guest aridoasis
Dear all, i really wish to flash s0cks' ROM but i just cant seem to decompress it...due to not familiar with .7z which i cant seem to use WINRAR to unzip...can someone pls help me out? Thanks..

google it bro. 7zip. it's freeware.

Guest omniacwazy
google it bro. 7zip. it's freeware.

Bro, i alredy googled 7zip. Thing is, when i attempt to 'extract' the ROM, it says its not an archive. Its a EXE file. But when i clicked on the EXE, it did not launch. So what shall i do? Should i rename the exe, ie lose the .7z and just sk002+dxid1+2605_5.exe?

Guest omniacwazy
I am not sure. It should self extract. I was confused first as well. Try changing it to "sk002+dxid1+2605_5.7z.exe" I think that's what mine is. Let me upload the extracted file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OXFDZKQH

Let me know if that works.

Hi Zealster..i tried the link but it told me the file was deleted. Anyway i alredy extracted the EXE file, simply by removing the .7z part of the file name..and flashed it. All went smoothly. Thanks anyway for your help. Running smoothly.

Guest sinancetinkaya
Can you be more specific? I don't know what is page pool... and why you need this?

It's a kind of cache for XIP and some system components.

Kind of protected ram area that programs can't access.

There are 2 ideas about this

1. Some cookers think more cache means more performance

2. Some cookers say, yes!, more cache may brings (a bit) performance but it takes plenty of ram.

guys, you may test standart roms and big pagepooled roms, you won't see big change

You can use SPB Benchmark for testing (untick "built-in appilications" in spb's settings, it causes error)

SPB Benchmark will say what your rom is ;)

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Hi,

Can I have some steps on how to flash my Omnia i900 MSHJ1 with DXID1 rom please

Is there region customization on the rom WM 6.1 DXID1</SPAN> ? Or it can be installed on any region

Thanks a lot

Guest s0cks
Bro, i alredy googled 7zip. Thing is, when i attempt to 'extract' the ROM, it says its not an archive. Its a EXE file. But when i clicked on the EXE, it did not launch. So what shall i do? Should i rename the exe, ie lose the .7z and just sk002+dxid1+2605_5.exe?

The .EXE is a self-extract...

You don't need the 7zip...

Try to download the EXE again... maybe its corrupted...

DLNA !

Is a connection tybe like bluetooth and wifi used for viewing media on Laptops or LCD TV !

http://www.dlna.org/home

Here is a video showing it on OMNIA

My ROMs doesn't have DLNA...

But watching the video... the ICON is the same of CONNECTED HOME...

And I really removed CONNECTED HOME...

I still prefer using wm 6.1 and your rom is quite cool.Will you release a new uptade soon. Thanks for everything.

Thanks! ;)

I'll try to release a new version before the end of this month...

Guest Zealster

I can sync just fine with my PC. Make sure you re-enable the ActiveSync settings to allow connections both on your phone and on your computer you sync with after flashing.

Guest melodysilly

I love this ROM that have all default applications... waiting for the new ROM from u s0cks..!! ;)

I'm using ur current ROM and still use it now.. It's very fast. What's new on the new ROM..? can u tell us a little bit..

Guest Omniaaddicted

dear sock...

i just upgrade to ur ROM from DXIA5...

don't know the improvement... ;) (need more time maybe)

u said the touch have been improve...so i don't need edit the touch registry again,right...?

Guest sinancetinkaya

Hi Sucks, Have you changed any filesystem cache, graphic settings ? I don't know why but the benchmark tests of your rom, incomprehensibly, more faster than others. What is the secret dude ;)

Guest s0cks
u said the touch have been improve...so i don't need edit the touch registry again,right...?

If you are refering to the calibration/align settings and touch sensitivity... yes... you don't!

Hi s0cks,

if i install this ROM my cell will lost the 3G sinal (VIVO)?

Thanks.

Nice Job!!!

Yes, you lost it...

But if you know how... you can use my ROM without the PHONE PART...

So you'll not lose your 3G signal!

Hi Sucks, Have you changed any filesystem cache, graphic settings ? I don't know why but the benchmark tests of your rom, incomprehensibly, more faster than others. What is the secret dude ;)

Sucks? :D

Yes, I changed the filesystem and icons cache...

Guest bennyteh

Hi s0cks',

Need your help here.

I flashed my omnia using your ROM and now I lost the 3G signal. :o

I like your ROM very much! Thx so much for dis! :)

Can you pls advice how can I regain the 3G signal cos I need it. ;)

Kindly advice and thanks in advanced! :D

Guest sinancetinkaya
Sucks? :)

Yes, I changed the filesystem and icons cache...

Dude, I've written it just for fun ;) Your nickname is funny and you also know this :D

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest s0cks
Hi s0cks',

Need your help here.

I flashed my omnia using your ROM and now I lost the 3G signal. :D

I like your ROM very much! Thx so much for dis! :o

Can you pls advice how can I regain the 3G signal cos I need it. ;)

Kindly advice and thanks in advanced! :)

Try to install only a PHONE PART specific to your area...

So you can still using my ROM...

Dude, I've written it just for fun :D Your nickname is funny and you also know this :D

In fact my nickname is SOCKET. But here in modaco I chose s0cks...

Edited by s0cks

Guest kelvin_27_84
Thanks.

About the Pakko's camera: I didn't put it because it's a different camera version... but I didn't test it...

In the next releases I will test it and maybe put inside the ROM! ;)

It's only a time question!

Free time is very rare... :D

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]

"DownUp"=dword:000003E8

"Click"=dword:00000BB8

S0cks.. i'm using DXIA5 Stock version.. i used the registry editor to edit the above values in but cant save it. it says invalid values.. is this code meant for DXID1? also. the calibration data both is still not very accurate.. you can test it out with *#0*# on dial pad and select touch thereafter. you can see the clicking of the pixel and some parts especially the middle of the screen, the pixel selected is out of alignment.