The Diamond2 is on sale NOW at devicewire.com!

Guest PaulOBrien

diamond2dw.png
I've just had a quick note from our sponsors devicewire.com to let me know that VERY limited stocks of the Diamond2 are now available!

11 are in stock at the time of writing (as shown here) priced at £449.99... so if you want one and want to be one of the first, you need to get in quick!

Visit devicewire.com to buy now! :excl:

P

Guest Syphon Filter

Hrm, the only thing this device (and the Touch Pro 2) brings to the table coming from a Touch Pro is the larger and higher res screen...itching to buy one but failing to come up any justification (not that I ever really needed one).

Guest DarkWanderer
Hrm, the only thing this device (and the Touch Pro 2) brings to the table coming from a Touch Pro is the larger and higher res screen...itching to buy one but failing to come up any justification (not that I ever really needed one).

Surely the Kaiser style tilting screen on the TP 2 would be an improvement?

Guest Syphon Filter

meh, i can take it or leave it. i had a kaiser and the tilt was only useful for one thing for me. With the screen tilted the phone would sit perfectly in a little cubby hole in my car whilst still being totally visible. Perfect for running CamerAware (Paul, we can discuss my advertising fee later :excl:).

Guest Syphon Filter

I'm not confused, just saying that there's not that much difference hardware wise between the existing Touch Pro and the new devices other than the screen...BUT

I have just watched a video of the Diamond 2 on tracyandmatt...the software changes alone might be worth the upgrade! TouchFlo seems much more responsive, not to mention the customisations (the touchflo-y-ness) extends much deeper into the OS. I'm very impressed.

Going to hold fire for now but colour me interested. This iteration of devices is definitely more about the refinement of the software and that is no small thing...

I have been running the latest ROM from duttythroy.net, which basically gives you all that cool software stuff on your HD. It runs flawlessly...

P

Guest Shuflie

Looks like a bit of backtracking on the price by devicewire to avoid a backlash. 7 available at £394.99 right now. Devicewire posted over on XDA that it was because they received a small quantity in at the original price, looks more like a case of supply and demand rules following a bit of common sense for a change to me.

Guest Syphon Filter
I have been running the latest ROM from duttythroy.net, which basically gives you all that cool software stuff on your HD. It runs flawlessly...

P

I wonder if there is a Touch Pro port, obviously this might be trickier due to the screen resolution difference...

Also the difference between the Diamond 2 and teh Touch HD is basically nothing....

Guest Shuflie
I wonder if there is a Touch Pro port, obviously this might be trickier due to the screen resolution difference...

Also the difference between the Diamond 2 and teh Touch HD is basically nothing....

There's the size difference, 3.5mm headphone socket vs ExtUSB, zoom bar and overall look. The Diamond 2 has hardware buttons that light up too which is always nice. Probably wouldn't be considering one if I hadn't lost my touch HD, but if/when the insurance pays out the small matter of £100 or more price difference is not to be sniffed at either.

Guest Syphon Filter
There's the size difference, 3.5mm headphone socket vs ExtUSB, zoom bar and overall look. The Diamond 2 has hardware buttons that light up too which is always nice. Probably wouldn't be considering one if I hadn't lost my touch HD, but if/when the insurance pays out the small matter of £100 or more price difference is not to be sniffed at either.

Sure there are some differences...but the two devices are not worlds apart by any means, that's all I was getting at.

Guest timeline

I'd say, why wait potentially for potentially weeks as stock comes in, when the Diamond3 will probably be out in a few months :excl:

Seriously, HTC makes me not care about new devices anymore.

Guest Shuflie
More stock in - last before 15th May apparently!

P

Just ordered on from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk on a 12 mth contract with t-mobile. 18.99+3.99p&p for the phone and 29.36 a month for a combi 30 contract. Works out @ £375.30 total which is cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, plus I get to give the SIM to my wife who will make use of the 300 mins and 200 txts for the year.

Should have said that they still had some when I ordered as I got a shipping confirmation email 10 mins after the order was placed on the web. Not sure just how many they had though since I wasn't speaking to anyone, their web site still just shows that there is limited stock arriving on 16th April.

Edited by Shuflie

Guest zen123

Ordered mine from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk aswell this morning on 12 month contract with T-Mobile Combi 30 + web n walk (300 mins, 200 txt, unlimited mobileweb) @ £35 per month, the phone was FREE.

Now my friend works for T Mobile & he can get the line rental halved (for as long as he stays working there) so that's £17.50 x 12 = £210. Can't argue with that.

Its already been despatched.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.