error creating initflashfiles.dat

PLIS SOLUTION..

SORRY MY ENGLISH

SALUDOS

Guest Pako777

i900_EXEcutor ___ [03.06.09] ___

v 2.0

- It is added Other (tab PDA) with procedures:

1. Transformation PDA on components (OS.nb, XIP, IMGFS)

2. Transformation OS.nb in PDA

3. Construction XIP_section (BuildXIP)

4. Change of parameter PagePool

Names of the created files are formed on a mask *_YYMMDD_HHMMSS.* .

- The button of Options (tab PDA - Disassemble/Assemble) with options, influencing process and display of the information at unpack\pack pda_section is added.

- The component cecompr_nt.dll by Andim is updated (quantity of the RAM is optimized, used at work of "kitchen").

- bugs fixed

>>> see first post in this topic ...

Edited by Pako777

Guest sector
i900_EXEcutor ___ [03.06.09] ___

v 2.0

- It is added Other (tab PDA) with procedures:

1. Transformation PDA on components (OS.nb, XIP, IMGFS)

2. Transformation OS.nb in PDA

3. Construction XIP_section (BuildXIP)

4. Change of parameter PagePool

Names of the created files are formed on a mask *_YYMMDD_HHMMSS.* .

- The button of Options (tab PDA - Disassemble/Assemble) with options, influencing process and display of the information at unpack\pack pda_section is added.

- The component cecompr_nt.dll by Andim is updated (quantity of the RAM is optimized, used at work of "kitchen").

- bugs fixed

dude YOU ROCK!

does that mean we can use LZX compression on roms now? because we used XPR now. do we have to follow a different procedure?

thanks again man. i have to check this out.

Also how much shall we increase the pagepool value?

Guest shokka9

wow Pako, this is a huge improvement..

same questions as sector tho...<_<

any recomendations on Page pool size?

thanks for your work bro, cant wait to try this later :)

Guest Pako777

pagepool : sorry guys :).. i don't know <_< me ask this option include.. i'm used osnbtool - it can do 1-24 Mb pagepool.. but in programm i do edited checkbox (0-99 mb) .. but i think that osnbtool will be only 1-24Mb

i'm NOT_customizer.. sorry.. B)

Edited by Pako777

Guest lastnikita

thanks for the pagepool trick, I was too lazy to do it manually <_<

if I understand correctly, can we now use it to convert dumped rom into flashable format ?

Guest Ryrzy

it will be nice Pako when you make in EXE/Assemble option "Open all"... when click on it we can chose a folder with all files and proram open all of them itself... and you can make tick boxes to chose what we wont to be made in exe <_< (see picture, sorry for english)

post-447493-1244036721_thumb.jpg

Guest Pako777
it will be nice Pako when you make in EXE/Assemble option "Open all"... when click on it we can chose a folder with all files and proram open all of them itself... and you can make tick boxes to chose what we wont to be made in exe <_< (see picture, sorry for english)

:) B) :D ... i'm for the first time this see ..

Guest sector

Ok guys here is the report from Omnia for pagepool.

We use 8mb pagepool for cooking.

The ratio goes like if we increase pagepool you get less ram but speedier system.

Although maybe we could increase a bit the pagepool or decrease it to see how it reacts to the phone.

Dont over do it and use it at your own risk.

System Memory Report

====================

Page Size: 4096

| Pages | Size (bytes) | Size (MB) | Address

Total Storage (Flash) | 33715 | 138098688 | 131.70 | n/a

Available Storage | 25726 | 105375744 | 100.49 | n/a

Used Storage | 7989 | 32722944 | 31.21 | n/a

Physical RAM (sources breakdown) | 27322 | 111910912 | 106.73 | n/a

Main Memory | 27322 | 111910912 | 106.73 | 0x803e3000 - 0x86e9cfff

Physical RAM (consumers breakdown) | 27322 | 111910912 | 106.73 | n/a

Kernel Prealloc. | 459 | 1880064 | 1.79 | 0x803e3000 - 0x805adfff

Paging Pool | 2056 | 8421376 | 8.03 | 0x805ae000 - 0x80db5fff

Kernel RAM Map | 1 | 4096 | 0.00 | 0x80db6000 - 0x80db6fff

Watson Size | 75 | 307200 | 0.29 | 0x86e52000 - 0x86e9cfff

Overhead | 7 | 28672 | 0.03 | n/a

Object Store | 8 | 32768 | 0.03 | n/a

Program Memory | 24716 | 101236736 | 96.55 | n/a

Guest shokka9

is it possible to calculate minimum OR maximum thresholds, so we dont crach the system?

Or is it trial and error (as usual :)).

<_<

Guest sector

Another update i just found out in a thread:

It says that,

"Experience from xda forums tells that PDAs with 64M RAM would benefit from setting PagePool to 8M. And for PDAs upgraded to 128M RAM, 16M is a reasonable value. Some people set it to 24 and even 32M, since their devices have enough memory anyway."

Meaning? We have 128mb ram total. Phone uses around 30mb shared for video graphics, bootloader, radio, DMA, camera etc.

So what is left is around ~95mb.

Main Memory | 27322 | 111910912 | 106.73mb

An ideal value could be between 12-16mb of pagepool. Although i would start from lower and go to higher.

You will notice speedier system!

Someone can correct me if im wrong.

Guest sector

pakko pagepool doesnt work sometimes.

it doesnt grab the os and xip. i dont know why. i think it is a bug when u grab the "path-string" on textbox.

can you check it please?

edit: nevermind. i think it is windows7.

works on vmware on windowsxp

Guest sector

Here is a test i made. I pushed it over a bit to have a pagepool of 20mb!

Ram dropped of course but the speed is amazing... I suggest you dont try more than 20mb. Most probably 16mb is the ideal.

So calculation is ~ 96mb - 20mb = 84mb.

Keep it up chefs and thank you pakko <_<

post-150032-1244075021_thumb.jpg

Guest Pako777
pakko pagepool doesnt work sometimes.

it doesnt grab the os and xip. i dont know why. i think it is a bug when u grab the "path-string" on textbox.

can you check it please?

and

Here is a test i made. I pushed it over a bit to have a pagepool of 20mb!

Ram dropped of course but the speed is amazing... I suggest you dont try more than 20mb. Most probably 16mb is the ideal.

Keep it up chefs and thank you pakko :)

but i not understand - worked or not worked pagepool ? B)

i'm use standart command osnbtool for changed pagepool in xip.bin and integrated xip in os.nb - result os_yymmdd_hhmmss.nb.. this os_***.nb we convert in pda_new also with help osnbtool .. i nothing oneself not invent <_<

Guest shokka9

yeah, it works <_<

But sometimes it doesnt do anything...me & sector played with it last night (for a good while).

16mb is the perfect settings, but if you can remember to close all apps not in use then 20mb is coolio.

Pako, it DOES work, but sometimes no output file is generated. Mine randonmly starting working and i think sector didnt get it working at all (except for in vmWare).

Thanks tho Pako, new found speed in our ROMs!!!!

Guest sector
and

but i not understand - worked or not worked pagepool ? :)

i'm use standart command osnbtool for changed pagepool in xip.bin and integrated xip in os.nb - result os_yymmdd_hhmmss.nb.. this os_***.nb we convert in pda_new also with help osnbtool .. i nothing oneself not invent <_<

i know pakko, that can be used in cmd line also B). Just i got excited with the new options of the tool and it is much easier to integrate now the pagepool!

It worked of course.

Guest lastnikita
if I understand correctly, can we now use it to convert dumped rom into flashable format ?

Pako could you please tell me if the os.nb to PDA is supposed to work with dumped ROMs ?

Guest Pako777
Pako could you please tell me if the os.nb to PDA is supposed to work with dumped ROMs ?

sorry.. i don't understand <_< .. worked procedure in executor os.nb->pda with dump or no ? ... i'm not test

Guest shokka9

I think you need to try it bro B), from the outside looking in, it looks like it should.

Give it a go bro <_< If it works.....hurrah!! :) If not, never mind.

Good luck

Guest Ryrzy

sector how do you change pagepool ? when i pick os.nb and my xip.bin and make GO.... nothing is changing in those files... and when i make rom i do not see any diference hmmm

Guest shokka9
sector how do you change pagepool ? when i pick os.nb and my xip.bin and make GO.... nothing is changing in those files... and when i make rom i do not see any diference hmmm

This is the issue we tried to explain to Pako...

It does work, when it works???

When it does work you will get OS_090604_172039.nb (i just made that filename up). So you know when it has done something.

I think Pako needs to take a look at this?? <_<

But it does work, mine didnt, then it did. Works in XP in vmWare for sector?? Strange, we could not work it out either.

You are doing it right, as i did the same thing time and time again and it didnt work, then suddenly worked??

PS - Dont forget to insert xip.bin after changing page pool size :)

Edited by shokka9

Guest Ryrzy
This is the issue we tried to explain to Pako...

It does work, when it works???

When it does work you will get OS_090604_172039.nb (i just made that filename up). So you know when it has done something.

I think Pako needs to take a look at this?? <_<

But it does work, mine didnt, then it did. Works in XP in vmWare for sector?? Strange, we could not work it out either.

You are doing it right, as i did the same thing time and time again and it didnt work, then suddenly worked??

PS - Dont forget to insert xip.bin after changing page pool size :)

hahahaha i know what i do wrong ! B) lol i do not unzip from archive Kitchen directory !! (i use own kitchen) hehehe check shokka if you exact kitchen directory :D