Omnia i910 ROM by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Just want to say great ROM. I Love it. Lots of memory left and it responds quickly. I like the SBP menu option. I use it so your ROM was the best to use. Any new updates coming anytime soon?

Glad you like it. <_< I'm waiting for Spb to go gold on the 3.01 shell and then I will update it. I'm also going to try a fix a few of the issues that re still outstanding. Not sure exactly when that will happen.

Guest Vahnyyz

I've got 1 question and idk if its ever been addressed because i don't frequent the site that often, but there's a lot of java programs that won't open, like m.stickam.com won't load cause of some weird error, is there a way to install java on the omnia? or am I just dividing by 0?

Guest blazingwolf
Love the ROM. Thanks for doing one with MS3.

Wondering if you were going to bake one in w/ the 3.01 update. Or if there's a way that update can be applied when cooked in the ROM... If SPB will keep updating perhaps it's better to install later?

Also, WMWifiRouter (the old freely licensed version) would be a great include.

Thanks again for your work.

Glad you like the ROM. Like I said above I will upgrade MS3 once the new version goes gold. You can install over the top of the current ROM version and it should cause you no issues.

I will look at wifirouter and see what I can do. I don't use it personally and most people would rather have a clean ROM and install what they want but I don't mind putting it in.

Guest blazingwolf
I wanted to bring this thread back up to the top because it's an awesome ROM and it was getting buried. Thank you Blazingwolf, I think a lot of people pass it over because of the "newness" of wm 6.5.

Thanks Tim. :)

I finally have 6.5 building myself thanks to some great help from Adrynalyne. I hope to post one soon. I will still update this one though. <_<

Guest blazingwolf
I've got 1 question and idk if its ever been addressed because i don't frequent the site that often, but there's a lot of java programs that won't open, like m.stickam.com won't load cause of some weird error, is there a way to install java on the omnia? or am I just dividing by 0?

Sure, you can install Java on the Omnia. There are several different versions out there in cab form. I can also look in to putting it in to the ROM. <_<

Guest Vahnyyz

aw wow blaze, you're totally awesome, i'd so appreciate that, cause there's so many games and applications that use java that i had no idea what to do >.< i was getting a little upset over it too.

Guest krongsak

Hello,

I have joined the ranks of the folks grateful to you for this excellent rom. I followed the instructions, installed the leaked rom, then yours and everything went smoothly.

my GPS works with google map using the com8 settings.

The only issue I am having is with Samsung Today 2 settings screens. The list of buttons reflect accurately the status of my phone (wi-fi on/off, bluetooth on/off, etc.) but clicking on the buttons does not do anything. The easysettings screens that shows similar buttons works fine though.

Any idea as to what might be causing the problem?

Thanks again for the great work and the kind support of noobs like myself

Guest blazingwolf
Hello,

I have joined the ranks of the folks grateful to you for this excellent rom. I followed the instructions, installed the leaked rom, then yours and everything went smoothly.

my GPS works with google map using the com8 settings.

The only issue I am having is with Samsung Today 2 settings screens. The list of buttons reflect accurately the status of my phone (wi-fi on/off, bluetooth on/off, etc.) but clicking on the buttons does not do anything. The easysettings screens that shows similar buttons works fine though.

Any idea as to what might be causing the problem?

Thanks again for the great work and the kind support of noobs like myself

Glad you like the ROM. <_<

Did you unlock the settings icons? You have to tap on the settings button a second time to unlock the buttons. This is shown by the lock being open instead of locked.

Guest blazingwolf

@everyone,

Yesterday I pulled a muscle in and sprained my shoulder (go figure, I'm trying to stay in shape and it hurts me :/). So updates are going to take me a while as I can only use my left arm a little bit at a time. I'll get the fixes and additions out as soon as I am able.

Guest krongsak
Glad you like the ROM. :)

Did you unlock the settings icons? You have to tap on the settings button a second time to unlock the buttons. This is shown by the lock being open instead of locked.

<_< It took me an hour to figure that one out, I was about to tell the world how stoopid I am, thanks for the help.

Hopefully a less stupid question, how do you link Touch Launch to the Today 2 home icon?

Prompt recovery, I broke my collar bone a few months ago and typing with one hand was a ton of fun B)

Guest Tim-H
@everyone,

Yesterday I pulled a muscle in and sprained my shoulder (go figure, I'm trying to stay in shape and it hurts me :/). So updates are going to take me a while as I can only use my left arm a little bit at a time. I'll get the fixes and additions out as soon as I am able.

I know how that goes... I recently started riding my bike to get some excercise and crashed it going 15-20mph just a few days in. Handle bar jammed into my thigh and had a bruise from hip to knee. lol. Get better, the ROM is running great.

Guest blazingwolf
Hopefully a less stupid question, how do you link Touch Launch to the Today 2 home icon?

Prompt recovery, I broke my collar bone a few months ago and typing with one hand was a ton of fun <_<

Touch Launch should already be set to the home button. It takes a second for it to load though. Are you having issues?

Guest blazingwolf
I know how that goes... I recently started riding my bike to get some excercise and crashed it going 15-20mph just a few days in. Handle bar jammed into my thigh and had a bruise from hip to knee. lol. Get better, the ROM is running great.

Ouch!

Vicodin and Flexaril are wonderful things.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest bulacawa

Well I tried to flash to this rom and did the steps (install samsung usb driver, download UMDL 2.3, click PDA and select the bin file, click detect, plug in phone...)

It detected the device and the download seemed to go fine, and the download finished (blue bar, everything ok).

Well then the Black Samsung Omnia screen popped up on the phone and the white part in the progress bar moved quickly to the second spot, but seems to be stuck there...I waited for 15 mins or so and nothing happens, only way to quit out of this is to remove the battery. When turning the phone on again, it again keep getting stuck in the second spot of the progress bar.

I tried to run UMDL again to re-flash, hit detect device, it downloads again, but same problem as before,, it gets stuck in the Samsung Omnia Loading screen (2nd step in the progress bar)

Any idea what happened and what I can do to remedy the situation?

Thanks

Edited by bulacawa

Guest AFBcon06

Will this rom or any of the roms fix the issue with the text message conversation mode not saying a msg is read after its read? or when I hit the ghi key in T9 phone pad and it goes to a g instead of a automatic I like the original non leak rom

Guest Tim-H
Well I tried to flash to this rom and did the steps (install samsung usb driver, download UMDL 2.3, click PDA and select the bin file, click detect, plug in phone...)

It detected the device and the download seemed to go fine, and the download finished (blue bar, everything ok).

Well then the Black Samsung Omnia screen popped up on the phone and the white part in the progress bar moved quickly to the second spot, but seems to be stuck there...I waited for 15 mins or so and nothing happens, only way to quit out of this is to remove the battery. When turning the phone on again, it again keep getting stuck in the second spot of the progress bar.

I tried to run UMDL again to re-flash, hit detect device, it downloads again, but same problem as before,, it gets stuck in the Samsung Omnia Loading screen (2nd step in the progress bar)

Any idea what happened and what I can do to remedy the situation?

Thanks

I agree with Adrynalyne sounds like you didnt flash the leaked rom. Do that and then install the cooked ROM again.

Edited by Tim-H

Guest blazingwolf
Wolf this ROM Rocks buddy. Thanks very much. You gotta paypal id?

Glad you like the ROM. <_<

There is a donate button in my signature (it doesn't show in every post for some reason). :)

Guest Lisbian08

Has anyone noticed that the new keyboard inserts an unwanted period at times (during texting or in a webpage). Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you blazingwolf and others for all of your efforts.... they are much appreciated.

Guest blazingwolf
Has anyone noticed that the new keyboard inserts an unwanted period at times (during texting or in a webpage). Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you blazingwolf and others for all of your efforts.... they are much appreciated.

This is a bug with the beta ROM. SO it is the same in the leaked ROM and any of the custom ROMs made from it. As of yet there is no known fix.

Glad you like the ROM.