OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest a3nalin
My ROM is i900XXHJ6/ACHJ2

IGO8 version 8.3.2.64873

and no sound slow down in iGo with headset-cable connected? Cause I've got the same version and can't use iGo with TMC (headset cable) without the sound slowdown unfortunately...

Guest Centaur
and no sound slow down in iGo with headset-cable connected? Cause I've got the same version and can't use iGo with TMC (headset cable) without the sound slowdown unfortunately...

I dont use the headset cable. I have modified my car charger by just adding a fine wire to the antenna pin so i can charge and use TMC at the same time.

Guest Centaur
I dont use the headset cable. I have modified my car charger by just adding a fine wire to the antenna pin so i can charge and use TMC at the same time.

I also dont use the auto tune function in Igo. I have it tuned to Classic FM (about 101.1 i think)

Guest Lers88

audio routing doesn't work for me. I still can't hear any sound, only trough my headset. How can i let the sound go trough speaker?

Guest bobobird

Installed beta 2, connected the radio connector, set it per pdf instructions.

Started up iGo (832.79297) set TMC to Royaltek, let it find the stations.

Found one but then came up with a CA-TMC No Key message. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Guest lastnikita

working fine now, I missed the certificates earlier :-/

I'll test that tomorrow on the road.

Could someone point me to the most appropriate topic for the cable modification please ?

Guest a3nalin

Hey Beamrider,

tested your recommended procedure (deactivating in OmniaTMC "FMRadio" + softreset, start Igo, restart Igo, activate FMRadio), but it didn't work - like the other user here told (forgot his name). The Igo Slowdown issue remained unfortunately.

It actually increased the problem: After closing Igo, the Slowdown problem remained also in WinMob and by using my mp3-player. Only solution: Softreset.

I recognised - before having tried your procedure -, that if headsetcable connected, OmniaTMC working, option "NO CHANGE", igo started, sound slowdown appearing because of replaying an igo navigation command, when you close igo immediately (while command still is replaying) a short part of the command-sound at closing iGo turns into normal speed (for 1 second or less), before beeing interrupted because of the igo shut down.

Edited by a3nalin

Guest DAlma

Hi all,

so I tested yesterday my modified car charger again. This time I used another cable which is much more insulated. First I had no success, even if I un-pluged my car charger from power. Then I disabled the Automatic Tuning within iGO and changed to a specific radio station. And then I had full signal strength even with power plugged in. Therefore I think that the automatic Tuning of iGO is no well developed. Do you have the same experiences?

Also I encountered that after iGo switched to 107,7Mhz, it stops tuning

Guest gemx

Just wanted to let you know that i successfully modified my car charger to also include the antenna :D

Reception is not as good as with the headset cable but it's working for me :lol:

Haven't done any soldering work in the last years so i was even more happy that i've done it.

BTW: I just no name car charger which are sold in nearly every gas station on the highways in germany. It was only about 15 € :lol:

Once again A BIG THANKS TO BeamRider FOR ALL HIS EFFORTS !!!

Edited by gemx

Guest BeamRider
Hey Beamrider,

tested your recommended procedure (deactivating in OmniaTMC "FMRadio" + softreset, start Igo, restart Igo, activate FMRadio), but it didn't work - like the other user here told (forgot his name). The Igo Slowdown issue remained unfortunately.

It actually increased the problem: After closing Igo, the Slowdown problem remained also in WinMob and by using my mp3-player. Only solution: Softreset.

I recognised - before having tried your procedure -, that if headsetcable connected, OmniaTMC working, option "NO CHANGE", igo started, sound slowdown appearing because of replaying an igo navigation command, when you close igo immediately (while command still is replaying) a short part of the command-sound at closing iGo turns into normal speed (for 1 second or less), before beeing interrupted because of the igo shut down.

I wasn't clear on my post ... the procedure isn't intended to fix the problem but just to reproduce it on working installations.

Guest DAlma

Hi all,

So this weekend I have tested the TMC in Switzerland and Germany. My first impressions were quite good..

+ Switzerland I had perfect signal strength. I used the Radio Station ENERGY

+ in Germany I also got some stations working, but not that good as in Switzerland.

My negative research issues are

- iGO automatic tuning is not working properly. At 107.7 MHZ it is remaining and not tuning again.

- With automatic tuning all TMC stations are not found. Only when I switch off the automatic tuning, I can receive a station with a good signal strength

So my question is, if this is a problem of iGO or of the OmniaTMC driver? Beamrider, what do you think?

Guest DAlma

It's quiet here...

What is progress of the Omnia TMC? on xda-dev I see that the correspondingn HTC-TMC application is improving fast. What are next improvements for Omnia's version? For example improving tuning?

Edited by DAlma

Guest BeamRider
It's quiet here...

What is progress of the Omnia TMC? on xda-dev I see that the correspondingn HTC-TMC application is improving fast. What are next improvements for Omnia's version? For example improving tuning?

Improving autotune is a matter of just "tune" some delays inside the driver, actually I'm focused on fixing the sound issues and I will keep workin on this. Consider that we're at the edge on what iGo let us to do and the no news from me doesn't means that the project is blocked <_<

I noticed that there's an high CPU usage from the device.exe process where the sound issue appears but I have no tools to determine if the high load s caused by the audio, fmradio or tmc device so I'm investigating the code for somlookup I may have.

I also have an Omnia implementation of the generic FM API so both OmniaTMC and the HTC implementation will be usable on both devices and you can choose the one that you like!

As you can see there's a lot of work in progress ...

Guest DAlma
Improving autotune is a matter of just "tune" some delays inside the driver, actually I'm focused on fixing the sound issues and I will keep workin on this. Consider that we're at the edge on what iGo let us to do and the no news from me doesn't means that the project is blocked <_<

I noticed that there's an high CPU usage from the device.exe process where the sound issue appears but I have no tools to determine if the high load s caused by the audio, fmradio or tmc device so I'm investigating the code for somlookup I may have.

I also have an Omnia implementation of the generic FM API so both OmniaTMC and the HTC implementation will be usable on both devices and you can choose the one that you like!

As you can see there's a lot of work in progress ...

Sorry for the misunderstanding...I know that there is a lot of work in progress :) It would be great if you can include the improved autotune into the next release.

Guest a3nalin
Improving autotune is a matter of just "tune" some delays inside the driver, actually I'm focused on fixing the sound issues and I will keep workin on this.

Really good to hear about that - focus on fixing bugs / issues, not improving functions. <_<

Keep on doing your job as well as in the past Beamrider! :)

Guest machyaer

Sorry if the answer has already been posted but I would like to know if is it possible to use this with other navigation software other then IGO, e.g. tomtom, garminxt, etc.

Thanks in advance

Max

Guest illusion786

Tried an tested with Copilot Live 7. Sadly its a no go.

It keeps saying connection failed. I then tried unchecking the "mix" option and now it says "no connection". Also tried changing all the baud setting from 1200 to 11520.

Changed the ports..... cant think of anything else.

Any one have ideas ? Other than that im still using it with iGO 8

Guest f.venes

Sorry if the answer has already been posted but I would like to know if is it possible to use this with other navigation software other then IGO, e.g. tomtom, garminxt, etc.

Tested with Destinator 7. Its ok.

Guest BeamRider

Tested with Destinator 7. Its ok.

To anyboy testing with NAV software: the key to understand if the NAV software is opening and using the TMC port is to enable CALLS and RDS log file then start a session of the software.

In TMCSerialLog.log you'll find if the software is opnening the port, which commands is sending and answers/errors detected.

I can help you checking the file.

Just remember tha, in the software configuration, you have to set the TMC (or GPS if TMC can't be decoupled from GPS) port to the same port set in the OmniaTMC Setup tool (4 by default).

Guest wkmmx500

For those of you, still searching for a cable that can charge, have audio out and functions as antenna here is the result of my home tweaked version.

I started with this cable: http://www.mobilefun.de/18478-erweitertes-...-i900-omnia.htm

or for the UK : http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/samsung-omnia-t...able-p18478.htm

Nice thing about this cable is that the plug at Omnia side can easily be opened. Also the little box with all connections can easily be opened as it has 4 screws if you take the sticker off.

Then you need to get you solder iron out and do a few changes:

- remove the big cable with the video out connectors (we only want audio through the 3.5 mm connector)

post-241269-1244317902_thumb.jpg

post-241269-1244317910_thumb.jpg

post-241269-1244317919_thumb.jpg

- with a little screwdriver or knife cut the connection on the board from connector 10 of the omnia plug (so your Omnia doesn't think anymore you have a video cable connected)

post-241269-1244317952_thumb.jpg

- the video cable in the omnia plug should be removed and soldered to pin 1 (antenna)

post-241269-1244317931_thumb.jpg

post-241269-1244317945_thumb.jpg

post-241269-1244317973_thumb.jpg

- now the omnia plug can be closed again

- on the connection box side I took the video cable (coming from the omnia plug) also of the board and soldered two wires directly to that wire (these two wires are the actual antenna - both roughly 60 cm long). You could also leave the video cable on the board and solder the antenna wires at the other end of the board. I tested a bit and a direct connection gave a better signal.

post-241269-1244317984_thumb.jpg

- The antenna wires are then routed through the original hole in the connection box for the video cable

- close the connection box and put the sticker back on

post-241269-1244317993_thumb.jpg

!!!Ready!!!

- Reception with this solution is very good. Similar or better as with standard Omnia audio out cable.

- After a week of testing I decided to remove the whole cable between the Omnia connector and the extender box. I've replaced it with the wires from a cat5 network cable and kept the antenna cable in one piece (60 cm wire soldered directly on Omnia plug). The whole cable is now more sturdy and reception is now 2x as good as it was before. It doesn't look so nice anymore though.

Of course you need a car charger with a mini usb plug (I still had one from a previous phone).

Finally I don't have to mess around with cables anymore in the car. Just plug the adapter in and when using my Omnia as navigator it works and when I want to listen to my mp3 files it works as well.

And now we just have to wait for Beamrider to find the solution for the audio problem <_< :) B) (no pressure). Actually if I need to use my Omnia as navi I just listen to a the radio or a cd (there are worse things in life).

I'm a happy camper!!! Thanks Beamrider!!!!

Edited by wkmmx500

Guest illusion786
To anyboy testing with NAV software: the key to understand if the NAV software is opening and using the TMC port is to enable CALLS and RDS log file then start a session of the software.

In TMCSerialLog.log you'll find if the software is opnening the port, which commands is sending and answers/errors detected.

I can help you checking the file.

Just remember tha, in the software configuration, you have to set the TMC (or GPS if TMC can't be decoupled from GPS) port to the same port set in the OmniaTMC Setup tool (4 by default).

Thanks Beamrider. I have logged a the commands. This is in use with copilot 7 live. unfortunately i couldn't get copilot to connect.

Below is the log.

TMCSerialLog.txt

Guest BeamRider
Thanks Beamrider. I have logged a the commands. This is in use with copilot 7 live. unfortunately i couldn't get copilot to connect.

Below is the log.

Would you mind to enable the RX and TX also? I think that copiloti is trying to use it with GNS protocol ...