OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest illusion786

Thanks for the reply.

Sure, give me a sec <_< ill upload it

Ps. would there be any chance that we would have the GNS protocol as well ?

Edited by illusion786

Guest BeamRider
Here you go bro, i hope it helps.

Yes it's trying to use the device with GNS protocol insted of Royaltek, do you have a way to change the TMC protocol in use?

Guest illusion786
Yes it's trying to use the device with GNS protocol insted of Royaltek, do you have a way to change the TMC protocol in use?

Sorry for the late reply & no it does not give any other options in the interface. Ill have a look at the config files (ill post it here in a bit) and see if i can make anything out of it.

Thanks.

Guest ATSsupport

I've been following this beta for sometime now and finally figured I'd give it a go. I'm happy to say that I have no crashing at all and that everything works as far as I can tell. It only took a little under 30 minutes to get it working and this is on the Verizon i910. Thank you to all the people who developed this program it is too bad I can't take much advantage of this yet because I'm in a rural town and none of the stations around broadcast TMC but when I go to see my parents I should be able to pick up some signals, so I'll looking forward to having this useful tool. I've attached a couple screenshots just to show it working, I'm using a Wozzer WM6.5 v4 ROM on my i910 along with omniaTMC & iGO 8.3.2.64029

i910%20version.jpgTMC.jpgigo8.jpg

Edited by ATSsupport

Guest illusion786

Ok, i contacted Co-pilot regarding their TMC. Beamrider you were right, it uses the GNS protocol.

Response (Adrian) - 27/05/2009 01.20 PM

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

With regards to your query we inform you that CoPilot use the GNS protocol for TMC traffic, the Royaltek Protocol device won't be compatible.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.

Regards,

CoPilot Technical Support

http://support.alk.com

Do you have any future plans to implement the GNS protocol for hybrid use with the Royaltek protocol ?

Edited by illusion786

Guest DAlma

Hi Beamrider,

during the last days I tested the TMC option in iGO. More or less everything is working, but not good enough. I have encountered following issues:

- During the trip the autotuner receives a TMC signal, but after some seconds it checks the station again and after that I am loosing the TMC signal.

- On the main navigation screen I see the TMC indicator (envelope), but if I switch to the TMC display I see that it is not connected to a station.

It seems to me that the tuner needs more improvements in order to be more stable. At the xda-Dev forum I read that there are ideas of sending dummy-TMC data in order to stabilize the TMC connection. What do you think about this? Have you the same problems? What are your next improvements?

Thanks, buddy

Guest Ricardo Silva

Hi,

I've TMC beta2 working in my Omnia with Igo8, but I believe that is causing a problem with the Garmin XT.

The error message is that the GPS is not detected.

Anyone else with similar problem?

Edit:

I've just desactivated advFMR and TMCSerial and Garmin XT is working again.

Thanks

Edited by Ricardo Silva

Guest BeamRider
It seems to me that the tuner needs more improvements in order to be more stable. At the xda-Dev forum I read that there are ideas of sending dummy-TMC data in order to stabilize the TMC connection. What do you think about this? Have you the same problems? What are your next improvements?

Well I had some thoughts about tuning ... there are two options:

1. fake TMC data injected
  2. ignore tuning commands
The first is good if the driver can safely inject group 8 withouth breaking the software, but some tests are needed with encrypted TMC sources. the best option is to inject TMC data with uncorrectable errors so the softwar will not process the packet, but ... don't know if this will keep iGo from tuning. Worth a try ...

The second is to ignore autotune commands for x seconds after TMC signal loss.

IMHO the second one is lighter and better, it works like AF logic and has no drawback if used with iGO.

Consider that TMC data has a very slow refresh rate (at least here) and the fact that the tuner goes away from the source doesn't mean that you'll loose so much information. Anyway, tunnels and bad coverage areas are a problem. The best solution is inside iGO tuning logic ... they may implement some asymmetrical unlock logic from the station: few seconds if no TMC has been receives, some more if TMC has been received (I mean 2/3s and 20/30s).

OmniaTMCSerial already has this implemented but I never tested it in real driving situations so I haven't enabled it.

Guest Alex_Nav

Hi, my name is Alex, i am testing the TMC from Italy.

The OmniaTMC B2 driver works fine, i have tested it on the latest IGO version 8.3.2.91972.

Actually i am receiving a good TMC signal using the USB Cable connected to my PC (i am in a room not very far from the window), so my PPC is fully sync <_< .

post-545754-1244109421_thumb.jpg post-545754-1244108754_thumb.jpg

- Does someone know what is the meaning of the "yellow !" in the traffic events window?

- Do you know if is possible to force the TMC device and the associated com port (Royaltek on com 3) on the IGO settings?

Every time i open the nav software i have to start a TMC device search....

Thanks, BeamRider for the great work.

Ciao!

Edited by Alex_Nav

Guest a3nalin

Hey Beamrider!

Just wanted to ask about the development progress:

- any news about the Igo Sound issue?

- any statement on when the next beta will be released possible?

I'm really looking forward to it and keep my fingers crossed! <_<

Guest L_o_k_i

@Alex_Nav

Hi,

I don't have an Omnia, but I think I can answer your questions:

- the yellow ! means a new event received

- in sys.txt check if you don't have saved_config_available=0. If so, change the value 0 --> 1

To associate the com port, you can also add in sys.txt:

[tmc]

port="COM,3"

source="Royaltek"

Guest Alex_Nav

@ L_o_k_i

Ciao, thanks for the answers/suggestions.

I added the config lines to the sys.txt but no changes were saved.

So i had to search for the tmc hw again.

I think this could be an IGO8 bug.

post-545754-1244121299_thumb.jpg post-545754-1244121330_thumb.jpg post-545754-1244121353_thumb.jpg

Maybe next Igo build release will correct this issue.

Guest L_o_k_i

@Alex_Nav and others

Are you the only one with this kind of issue? I mean are there other Omnia users that need to search for the hardware at each run of iGO???

Can you check system.ini (in save folder). There must be a tmc section with:

saved_config_available="1"

saved_config_classname="NMEA_GPSTMC_ROYALTEK"

saved_config_portname="COM"

saved_config_port="3"

Guest illusion786

My system.ini is empty and i dont have any issues.

iGO works as its suppose to with the tmc app on my omnia. I dont need to search for the hardware, if tmc is available igo auto detects it.

Guest Alex_Nav
@Alex_Nav and others

Are you the only one with this kind of issue? I mean are there other Omnia users that need to search for the hardware at each run of iGO???

saved_config_port="3"

Ciao, in my system.ini i have this section:

[tmc]

ignore_all_events="0"

saved_config_port="4"

saved_last_tuning_mode="1"

auto_tuning="1"

saved_last_frequency="937"

My TMC port is 4 not 3 as i mentioned before, however the software asks to search for a TMC hardware every time i start it.

Thanks.

Edited by Alex_Nav

Guest L_o_k_i

@Alex_Nav

You should compare your sys.txt and system.ini with someone for whom it's working.

@illusion786

It's weird! You should have something in your system.ini! Check in the properties of this file if read only is not... check. Can you tell us what you have in your sys.txt?

Guest illusion786

All mine has is:

[interface]

Show_exit=1

Thats it.

Im using version 8.3.2.83157

Working perfect without any mods other than using themes.

Guest esticbo
Ciao, in my system.ini i have this section:

[tmc]

ignore_all_events="0"

saved_config_port="4"

saved_last_tuning_mode="1"

auto_tuning="1"

My TMC port is 4 not 3 as i mentioned before, however the software asks to search for a TMC hardware every time i start it.

Thanks.

You can change so your sys.txt:

[tmc]

saved_config_port="4"

saved_config_baud="57600"

ignore_all_events="0"

Edited by esticbo

Guest wkmmx500

Updated my audio / charger / antenna cable post (#298) above with pictures and some further tweaks.

Enjoy! <_<

Edited by wkmmx500

Guest illusion786
And now we just have to wait for Beamrider to find the solution for the audio problem

I made this one and have no audio issue with iGO. Audio comes out directly from the Omnia Speakers since i disconnected the audio check pin :D

Check post #129

SNC00048.jpg

Guest Dr Nicky
@Alex_Nav and others

saved_config_port="3"

I have the same issue, but it only appeared since I upgraded to iGO8 8.3.2.83157 and TMC Beta 2.

Guest enriquedopico

Hello, I see one problem:

If I don´t run IGO, the battery last X days, but if I run IGO and after use it I close the program the battery expire in few hours/1 day.

It is as if TMC continue running after close program.

I prove with TMC activated and desactivated on IGO, with the same result. On diferents days and with full battery.

If turn off and turn on the phone or soft reset, battery expire normaly. But else battery expire in few hours/1 day.

It´s means that TMC continue running although I close the IGO.

Any solution??

Bye

Edited by enriquedopico

Guest KingKoresh

Hi guys.

Something very weird happened driving to work today. I turned on IGO (needed to navigate some weird country lanes) and dint plug in anything, i.e. no car charger, no earphones etc.

Anyway half way to Amersham and I noticed the little envelope icon came on! I went to the page with traffic updates there were 3! One for the A41 and one for Marble Arch, forget what the other one was.

As I said, I didn't have anything plugged in but somehow some updates seem to appear.

Will try again tonight to see what happens...

Guest vagika
Hi guys.

Something very weird happened driving to work today. I turned on IGO (needed to navigate some weird country lanes) and dint plug in anything, i.e. no car charger, no earphones etc.

Anyway half way to Amersham and I noticed the little envelope icon came on! I went to the page with traffic updates there were 3! One for the A41 and one for Marble Arch, forget what the other one was.

As I said, I didn't have anything plugged in but somehow some updates seem to appear.

Will try again tonight to see what happens...

Hi,

I experienced this too!!

It's strange, but I think IGO is enabling the FM radio even if nothing is connected.

Anyway I tried this awsome softw., and it's very usefull. I don't know why OMNIA and such phones doesn't have like these directly.

Althaugh I think the hint to use IGO with virtlserial is not usefull.

I tried it, and iGO8 v8.3.2.91972 can't fix with that setting, only with disabled GPS extra.

If using the normal settings it crashes after the 1st sessions, and have to search for device.

Keep going, and thanks.

Vagika