OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest rammy121
iGO8 v8.0.0.55127 does detect the device, but can't tune the frequency. With beta1 it shows 0.0 MHz, with beta2 it sticks to 87.5MHz, left/right arrows don't move the frequency, autotune either.

...me too. then i got it working late one night and just can't remember what i did...sooooo many combinations. anyway, di you get any luck?

Guest mikka005

Dear BeamRider,

I was very-very happy when I found Your great softwre. I installed it, by following your pdf guide.

When I tune, e got a incoming numbers...

But When I want to start TCMserial (push the button) I got the following error message in the info field:

Device activation failure

Error:

The system cannot find the file specified.

Can You give me instructions how to fix this problem?

Thank You very much.

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to see the RDS Data decoded?

In germany some radio station send with RDS the Song name, so it would be nice

if i can see this text ith my Omnia (I900).

Possible?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest klausdor
Dear BeamRider,

I was very-very happy when I found Your great softwre. I installed it, by following your pdf guide.

When I tune, e got a incoming numbers...

But When I want to start TCMserial (push the button) I got the following error message in the info field:

Can You give me instructions how to fix this problem?

Thank You very much.

M.

Hi,

installed Beta9 on Omnia i8000 with mobile 6.5 and Navigon MN6 - and got the driver aktiv;

but: the TMC-Sign is going on-and-off, also MN6 has a problem finding the GPS - looks like also toggling between "on-and-off".

It seems to be a change in mobile 6.1 to 6.5 because I got it all running on a Diamond 2 with mobile 6.1 in July.

Any help around here ???

regards

Klaus

• 2 weeks later...
Guest norcalstoppy

I'm using Igo8 8.3.4.102680.

I've got OmniaTMC installed and working with my igo8, but the igo8 is having problems any channels with TMC signal.

A few channels that I did come by would say (No Key).

Has anyone in California got it to work without premium subscription?

Guest redhead910

Hi guys, I was wondering, since I have a Omnia Pro B7610, will Omnia TMC work for my phone? For I have read various posts on modaco about crashing the phone due to installation of omnia TMC

Dear BeamRider,

I'm writing TMC driver for i8000. I were doing the same as you I think, so I can read/write the Si4709 registers, call all IOCTL from fmradio.dll, etc. At the moment I have a program showing RDS/TMC information and a virtual com driver to transfer the TMC data to outside. In progress the GFMAPI interface. My question is: are you willing to share some information with me? I'm asking this because the structure of fmradio.dll I thin the same as in the i900... Thank you.

Guest ATSsupport

Unfortunantly in the US you can only get TMC buy purchasing a license through Clear Channel. I think its $50.00 for life time. I'm in PA and the program see the channels but says no key.. If I bought the license it should say key passed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Dado...

installed to i900 (MRHJ3 original ROM) and seems working... i use iGO 8.3.4.117940 and in TMC setting found TMC receiver but no TMC signal in my country to test ;)

also two quick question:

- did i must have headphone connected or can have without him for TCM?

- did this work on other WM devices with RDS radio?

Edited by Dado...

Guest Dado...

tried this on Omnia 2 but not working.... after reset Omnia 2 freezes on boot screen

only format help (top right button + top left + dial + power)

this definitely not for Omnia 2!!!!!!! tried again after format device and install to clean Omnia 2 but same boot freeze...

for O2 look here

http://phj.hu/i8000/TMC/

Edited by Dado...

• 1 month later...
Guest dirty83sanchez

QUOTE(robertut @ May 4 2009, 10:56) *

iGO8 v8.0.0.55127 does detect the device, but can't tune the frequency. With beta1 it shows 0.0 MHz, with beta2 it sticks to 87.5MHz, left/right arrows don't move the frequency, autotune either.

...me too. then i got it working late one night and just can't remember what i did...sooooo many combinations. anyway, di you get any luck?

Ok so far i tried a couple of versions of igo, and on only 1 of them tmc worked, all the others game me the same problems as you guys. Igo finds the device, but it just won´t tune frequencys.

iGO 8.3.2.64029 and 8.3.2.124260 didn´t work.

The one that did work was /iGO8.3.4_117940_FullResolution_480_800 but i had problems with portrait mode.

Does anyone have a solution, of why the ohter igos don´t tune frequencys?

• 3 months later...
Guest ShqK

Thank's !! running on Omnia 2 (i8000) please ? :lol:

edit: Sorry i have don't seen dado's reply :s

Edited by ShqK

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cosminnn

The TMC software works fine on my Omnia, but I can not search any channel in iGO8 besides the first one 87.5 Mhz. If I tap the arrows (after I deselect the automatic search, which by the way do nothing) nothing happens, no frequency change, no search whatsoever.

Any help?

Guest bboytorna

Hi!

I'm from spain and i ve got a problem.

I checked in the folder of windows and i dont have the AdvFMR.dll

Anybody can help me ?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hermit Dave
Hi Beamrider, i have created the antenna connector using your pin out from your previous TMC post successfully. I also have the audio routed through the main speakers as im not using any earphones.

I would like to ask is there a way that i can bypass the earphone check using those pins? The reason why i ask is cause i am trying to use the Radio app through the connector i made. I have the antenna ready but it wont allow the software to run due to this check. I remember you mentioning that you disabled the ear check in your tmc app, is there a reg setting or something? I have tried connecting pin 2 (GND) to pin 10 (EAR_CHECK) but the phone wont disable the earcheck. Any ideas ?

Anyway this is what i have done at the moment.

Im using the 3.5mm jack adaptor, i then opened the connector up and pulled out the pins and reconnected to pin 1 and 2. Thats it.....

The reason why i am using this connector is cause i had a spare car tv antenna which works perfect as the antenna has a 3.5mm jack :)

My next mission is to connect the antenna to the car charger. This should be really easy as i just need to open the car charger connector and connect my ready made antenna to pins 1 and 2 of the car charger.

I know its been a while but i have been debating tmc and charing issue and came across this post. Nice work.

Instead of trying to take the connector from a standard car charger, I had a look at a multi phone car charger that i got from 3 shop.

It provides a easy access to the connector.

Attaching the picture for anyone interested. Got it for a £10. Now need to decide whether to add a 3.5 jack or just a retractable cable

100806_103508.jpg?psid=1

The FM pin is shorted but should be easily separated from GND by solding iron.

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest NexusX

Will there be any update or final Version of this tool for the Omnia i900? It would be great if it works like HyperGps (including HGPS_Switch functionality).

Guest BeamRider
Will there be any update or final Version of this tool for the Omnia i900? It would be great if it works like HyperGps (including HGPS_Switch functionality).

Hi, it's long time I don't write here and, after some days of toughts abot OmniaTMC future I decided to prepare an update for i900 that includes the new MS development certificates (old one expired on dec 2009) that should help people having problems with installation and a fix for a very annoying bug on the tuning part (I couldn't belive on my eyes when I saw it :) ) that should help on stabilize TMC reception. I would also like to refactor some of the GPS-TMC serial emulator but I can't promise much.

The "bad" news is that I moved from i900 to i8000 and I can't really test the update (that's why I wish to keep low-level stuff stable) and I will need help and patience from the community for bugs and regressions... The "good" news is that an i8000 is on the schedule and will began as soon as the i900 update will be released for testing. For the i8000 I need to start over the whole FMRadio driver reverse-engineering/wrapping that is a very long and time consuming task. Hopefully I will find some good news inside the new code to support raw RDS data ... we'll see,

Cheers

Guest BeamRider

EDIT: 0.9.5.1 had a "minor" regression and has been removed. Since I don't want to spread bugs on you devices, from now on I'll send unofficial versions directly via email to anyone interested. Please PM me with your email.

Ok, here it is the first unofficial 0.9.5.x release. As I wrote in my last post I don't have the i900 anymore so it's up to you to test the installation and the fix included. Installation and usage is unchanged from 0.9.4.1 but carefully read the changelog below and, as I always recommend, do a device backup before installation!!!

Changelog from 0.9.4.1:

-- signed all packages with the new MS SDK certificates (valid up to 2015). This means that the old certs.cab expired too and should be replaced with a new one. Take a look here --EDIT-- the right cab is attached two posts below!

-- fixad an annoying precision bug in tuning function that sometimes lead to tune to slightly different frequency from required one and thus loosing TMC reception.

Please report any issue with logs (here or via pm/email) so we can move to the official release!! Thanks!!

Cheers

Edited by BeamRider

Guest ink nero

welcome back

beta 3 not works, i've got this:

OpenDevice: FAILURE

Error: The specified network resource or device is no longer available.

SDKCert cooked in, readded via cab but no change

reinstalled beta 2, still working