The Diamond2 is here to buy on O2!

Guest PaulOBrien

Hot on the heels of Mr Monolithix getting his Diamond2, MoDaCo partners Mobiles.co.uk are already offering the device on an O2 contract!

Incrediby the device is FREE on a £30 a month 24 month contract with 9 months half price line rental or £50 instant cashback or a FREE Jawbone headset or a FREE DAB radio!

In addition, click through our link [aff] and use coupon code 'MODACO' for a free Jabra Bluetooth Driver Pack.

Let us know if you pick one up, and don't forget to head on over to our Diamond2 area, http://topaz.modaco.com! :excl:

P

diamond2.png

Guest mcwarre

24 month contract is a bit too long with the rate these devices are coming out which is a shame!

Still, not too bad a deal I suppose. Cheers.

Guest Shuflie

Its not actually as good a deal as they were doing for the HD. I got it for free through mobiles.co.uk on the same contract terms, but got £70 instant cashback not £50 (although instant actually meant about 6 weeks by the time I got my hands on the money). How do they work that out when the HD is about £100 more than the Diamond 2 to buy?

Guest Shuflie
Shuflie found this deal and posted it in the other thread:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1002582

<£375 TCO for a Diamond 2!

If you're not with t-mobile I'd suggest getting that one before they bring out their own operator branded version of the Diamond 2, otherwise you'll need to get it unlocked.

edit: you can buy it payg on vodafone from the same site for £372.99, which at this stage should be sim free too! might work out a little more expensive when postage costs are added, and no free mlns or txts, but if you can't get or don't want a contract its worth looking at.

Edited by Shuflie

Guest Lac75
Hot on the heels of Mr Monolithix getting his Diamond2, MoDaCo partners Mobiles.co.uk are already offering the device on an O2 contract!

Incrediby the device is FREE on a £30 a month 24 month contract with 9 months half price line rental or £50 instant cashback or a FREE Jawbone headset or a FREE DAB radio!

In addition, click through our link [aff] and use coupon code 'MODACO' for a free Jabra Bluetooth Driver Pack.

Let us know if you pick one up, and don't forget to head on over to our Diamond2 area, http://topaz.modaco.com! :D

P

I made my order on friday 15:00. On sunday I got a message:your order is under process.Today 16:30, I got a message: unfortunately, the item you ordered is temporary out of stock!

Guest Rob_brum

how difficult is it to cancel the insurance and phone support etc after the free month? ive googled mobiles.co.uk and all you get is very bad feedback so im v weary about ordering from them

Guest jontelfer
how difficult is it to cancel the insurance and phone support etc after the free month? ive googled mobiles.co.uk and all you get is very bad feedback so im v weary about ordering from them

Pretty easy really. They say they set you up with Gadget helpline and Phone insurance - when I phoned to cancel the gadget helpline they said that there were problems with mobiles.co.uk and most customers hadn't actually been signed up. The insurance is easily cancelled - although I didn't get the policy number so I couldn't cancel on the CPW website. If you phone them they can cancel from your postcode and surname.

So not much grief at all.

Guest UncleJimbo

I'm gutted.

I've had my Diamond 2 on O2 from Mobiles.co.uk for less than a day and I'm having to send it back already! :D After hearing nothing via their email support and fed up of waiting on hold I placed the order not realising their unlimited texts offer is actually a bolt on. Despite me paying for a £35 a month tariff I can't change to the unlimited data bolt-on.

This is a deal breaker for me. Unlimited texts is all but usless when the plan already comes with 500.

Very disappointed - especially seeing as you can't order the phone direct from O2 :lol:

Anyone have any ideas? I want the phone for free, for about £35 a month and want unlimited data. I don't mind 18 month contracts if need be...

Guest Shuflie
I'm gutted.

I've had my Diamond 2 on O2 from Mobiles.co.uk for less than a day and I'm having to send it back already! :D After hearing nothing via their email support and fed up of waiting on hold I placed the order not realising their unlimited texts offer is actually a bolt on. Despite me paying for a £35 a month tariff I can't change to the unlimited data bolt-on.

This is a deal breaker for me. Unlimited texts is all but usless when the plan already comes with 500.

Very disappointed - especially seeing as you can't order the phone direct from O2 :lol:

Anyone have any ideas? I want the phone for free, for about £35 a month and want unlimited data. I don't mind 18 month contracts if need be...

Take the 24 month contract with O2 and you can add the data bolt on for £7.50. Slightly more but you get what you want.

Guest UncleJimbo

I could do... but that pushes it to £42.50 a month and for an even longer contract! :D

I've found the deal I want on T-Mobile...

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Brands...509/p10957.aspx

They seem to have an 18 month contract with 700 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited "mobile web" all for £35 a month! I'd love it to be O2 since I'd like to take out their broadband and get the discount....

Guest psionandy
I could do... but that pushes it to £42.50 a month and for an even longer contract! :D

I've found the deal I want on T-Mobile...

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Brands...509/p10957.aspx

They seem to have an 18 month contract with 700 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited "mobile web" all for £35 a month! I'd love it to be O2 since I'd like to take out their broadband and get the discount....

They have some good deals.... BUT a bit of googling and i find that mobilephonesdirect seem to do some things that i really don't want a mobile phone company to do. So i'm going to spend my cash elsewhere

I'm gutted.

I've had my Diamond 2 on O2 from Mobiles.co.uk for less than a day and I'm having to send it back already! :lol: After hearing nothing via their email support and fed up of waiting on hold I placed the order not realising their unlimited texts offer is actually a bolt on. Despite me paying for a £35 a month tariff I can't change to the unlimited data bolt-on.

Phone O2 again and try again!

A number of people on here (including Mono) have successfully called and changed the bolt on. You just need to speak to a helpful person! :D

P

Guest Shuflie
I'll give it a go Paul. Any tips as to best approach or key words I need to sneak in? :D

Mentioning that you really wanted to go with them to get their broadband discount deal might help if they think they are going to loose a sale because of the bolt-on mix up. Before I forget, the 24 month contract doesn't cost £35, its £30 a month + £7.50 for the bolt on which is only £37.50. If you go abroad much or send MMSs the unlimited text bolt-on is handy, O2 don't take any texts out of the 500 for normal texts, but when you send an MMS they take 4 texts from your 500 allowance and when you go abroad they take 8 SMSs (I think) for every SMS or MMS you send. Another nice feature with O2 is that video calling is included in your voice minutes, so it doesn't cost you any more to make a fool of yourself walking down the street.

Guest Paul

Wait, SMS when abroad is included in your allowance? How does that work if you have the unlimited bolt on?

*confused*

P

Guest UncleJimbo

Happy happy happy happy happy happy joy joy :D

Phoned O2 again, worded things a bit differently and got them to change my plan to a £35 a month including unlimited data!

Woo!! Thanks Paul :lol:

Guest Shuflie
Wait, SMS when abroad is included in your allowance? How does that work if you have the unlimited bolt on?

*confused*

P

When you're on O2 in UK any SMSs you send come out of the unlimited bolt-on, the 500 included messages will never get touched. When you're abroad only the 500 included messages can be used and combined to send SMS or MMS messages. Not very clear on the O2 website, but if you give CS a call they can explain it all to you.

Guest jontelfer

I went through the bolt-on change successfully for my Touch HD - changed it within 24hrs. A month later when I get the bill I find there's a £12.55 added extra bolt-on. Phoned up to query it and they gave all sorts of answers relating to it being a CPW tarriff and that I should speak to mobiles.co.uk, or pay an extra £7.50. Stuck to my guns as I'd not opened the SIM until I'd heard back from them about the bolt-on change, and that this was O2's mis-advice/cock up. In the end a manager is changing th tarriff back to what was originally planned i.e. bolt-on swap to mobile data.

So get the details of the person that changes the bolt-on and write it on the bill because it might all come back in the month 1 bill.

I guess that there's an incentive for mobiles to sell the text bolt on rather than data?

Jon

Guest UncleJimbo

Hmm, this is a bit worrying, but the reason that I got the O2 rep to email confirmation...how much weight it will hold I don't know....we'll see in just under a month I guess :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.