Spb Mobile Shell 3 Tips, tricks, themes

Guest smilegod

Guest Th3rmal
Here's my latest interface, nice and clean... and green. :D

greenswirls1-1.jpggreenswirls2-1.jpggreenswirls4.png

greenswirls6-1.jpggreenswirls5-1.jpg

:lol: what taskbar are you using? (and does it work for 6.5...?)

Guest Jumba
:lol: what taskbar are you using? (and does it work for 6.5...?)

Wisbar Advance 3 with the Zifi QVGA skin. :D Not sure about 6.5 compatibility.

Edited by Jumba

Guest Umxx

Im using this interface but when i try to select the city for the weather it gives me a mobileshell.exe error got any ideas?

Guest sunfire
Make folders editable or removable

Unlock the SPB Menu so you can add and remove links as you wish.

Navigate to: HKLM>Software>Spb Software House 2>Menu>Root

In there you will find folders that correspond to the menu items in the SPB Menu. E.G: Internet

You need to go into the folder and add a DWORD value called "Add" with the value of "1".

Once this is done, go to SPB Menu and open the Menu Catagory. Click the options button (bottom right) and you will see 3 new buttons.

Found this which makes it so much easier much like version 2. dunno why they did not include it in the first place.

PowerToy Version 0.1 (build 6420) for Mobile Shell 3.x consists of Menu Editor. You can download it here:

http://softspb.com/downloads/powertoy/PowerToy_v0.1.zip

Guest ardvarkofdoom
Here's my latest interface, nice and clean... and green. :D

greenswirls4.png

Is this your lifestyle or professional screen?

Guest ronaldb3
Wisbar Advance 3 with the Zifi QVGA skin. :D Not sure about 6.5 compatibility.

I am using WisBarAdv3 with several WM 6.5 roms. Works great except cannot use in Startup. Timing issue I think (timing wait can be changed to 20 sec or more to work, but I just have icon on MS3 screen and restart WBA3 after any reset.). I am using all default skins.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest Jumba
Is this your lifestyle or professional screen?

That's the professional, the lifestyle is the one with the analog clock.

Guest 2012

Nope i have that too the icons on the startmenu suck mostly not all but not that manny are dope.... :D :lol: :lol:

Edited by 2012

Guest ardvarkofdoom

Ok, I asked because I know there is a way to get the professional clock onto the lifestyle page... I'll have to try adding wall paper to the other screens besides the lifestyle screen.

Guest USMCamp0811

I am trying to get it so that SMS chat is used when I click the text message button on the main screen. I did like it said in the original post and edited my registery like it showed and nothing changed.. and yes I have the quotes in there.. any ideas?

Guest Omega Ra

well I tried to get the HKLM\software\SPB software house 2\spb mobile shell\menu\root and made a DWORD called Add and put value at 1 and I don't get any options in SPB menu...

Guest USMCamp0811

Ok I fixed it.. I forgot the "My Storage/" part.. BUT when I click my email thing it goes to the old email and then if i try and click the sms tab after that it reverts back to the old sms reader

Guest Natsirt

guys, is there a way to add the battery indicator to the professional screen? The absence of one is the only thing keeping me from using that screen lol. The clock is really nice on the professional screen..

Guest ardvarkofdoom
guys, is there a way to add the battery indicator to the professional screen? The absence of one is the only thing keeping me from using that screen lol. The clock is really nice on the professional screen..

Battery indicator on taskbar :D Looks even better if you have task bar enhancement

Guest freemsk1
Here are some screenshots of my Omnia i910 with iPhone type theme in Spb MS3...

Nice looking :D And where could I get this theme ?

Guest apm
Thanks Turborepu, highly appreciate your TUT on how to add 3 buttons to menubar(s). Respect!

Hi,

Nice pictures there!

I seem to have a problem with the e-mail and sms-widgets: on the lifestyle and the professional todaypage they don't light up when i get an email or sms...

on top of te page (where the start menu windows mobile is) i get the standard icons of email or sms though; anyone know what's the problem?

thanx

apm

Guest gravityz

does anybody know how to add a NAVIGATION folder in the Menu.

i have read how to make an additional folder or rename the my shortcuts

i can not see how i can change the icon of the folder into something else(the standard 8 options are of no use)

i know i can do it with the imarche skins but i only want to change this.

Guest FREAKed

I bet you all noticed when you enter some menu for the first time icons are not displayed at once. It is a short time but it just pokes right into the eye when i see it. So my question is: is there a way to preload all the icons?I tried to google the thing but no luck.

Guest ionizer5

anyone had this issue:

i was using SPB MS3 which comes with some trial of their weather, the trial still says 3 days left

i had 3 cities in there and they were all working fine

now when i click the weather icon, it intantly goes to the city lookup, rather then the screen showing the weather.

when i click cancel on that screen, it just dumps me back to the mobile shell window

if i try to select a new city and go through with it, it sends me back to mobile shell window

nothing seems to let me go through and see my weather, other than one icon on my main page.

any idea why? no one else having this issue?

also, if i go to the weather screen through the carousel of menus, it now says ""No weather data has been downloaded"

if i click on any of the setup options there, "Update, Change City, Remove city or Settings" it jumps me back to the main menu

I've done a power on/off and it doesn't seem to change anything

UPDATE:

I removed "SPB Weather" from the remove programs

now when i go to weather, i only see one city, but that is fine.

maybe the system was using both the old weather version and the one that comes packaged with SPB mobile shell and the two were having issues with each other?

Edited by ionizer5

Guest maf107ezk0

Hello, I have a problem with the shell - I cann`t add any city to the weather... Each time I press change city no city appears :lol: It`s just windows sh*t spinning :lol: I have to close the shell for it to stop spinning :( Can anyone help :D

Guest u8mypinkcookies

im using spb3 and so far satisfied with it.

i just installed omnia skin from imarche this morning. its nice. :D

Guest methosivanhoe
How can I change background wallpaper on Professional screen ?

Short answer... you can't...

the background of the professional screen is basically a transparency later that shows the background color based on your theme, which can be changed in "settings > themes" to one of the preprogrammed colors...

now, here's where it gets a bit complecated...

in theory you could change it, much like you "could" change the background color during the rotation menu as you flick through screens... this way however means going into the .DAT files of the application, editing the files required, and then saving it back onto the phone...

again, this is possible, much like most of the 'hacks' that were done in SPB 2 to create your own user themes instead of the "kyro" and "luna" themes that were released on the net.

I'll have a look through the .DAT files and see if i can find the file that actually needs editing to change the transparency backdrop, if i find it and am successful, i'll post here a work through on how to change it.

so far, the most successful i've been with the "professional screen" is editing the fonts and clock to my personal images... aside from that, everything is still a WIP

M