--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest tedkord

Rats! I'm itching to try this 6.5 ROM, but my home PC power supply burnt up. I'm awaiting a warranty replacement from Newegg, but the RMA'd defective one doesn't even get to them until 5/4. Add 2-3 days processing, and another 4-5 shipping, and I'm a week away from having an XP Pro/USB2.0 box to flash with.

I'm on my daughter's laptop now, but it's Vista Home Premium, and I don't want to chance it. (P.S. - I hate Vista. I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit as a secondary boot on my PC, and I never use it. It's awful)

On the bright side, that's a weeks more improvements/bug fixes in the ROMs the chefs are cooking up!

Edited by tedkord

Guest blazingwolf
I'm on my daughter's laptop now, but it's Vista Home Premium, and I don't want to chance it. (P.S. - I hate Vista. I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit as a secondary boot on my PC, and I never use it. It's awful)

Why? Vista is the only OS I use and have been building ROMs and flashing them with no issues.

Guest tedkord
Why? Vista is the only OS I use and have been building ROMs and flashing them with no issues.

Well, two main reasons. 1) I've read here that Vista is more troublesome for the upgrade, and 2) I don't want to go adding junk to her laptop - she's got it fouled up enough as it is with junkware/malware/spyware - it's slow as molasses. I gave up on maintaining it some time ago, she just craps it up faster than I can keep up.

Guest blazingwolf
Well, two main reasons. 1) I've read here that Vista is more troublesome for the upgrade, and 2) I don't want to go adding junk to her laptop - she's got it fouled up enough as it is with junkware/malware/spyware - it's slow as molasses. I gave up on maintaining it some time ago, she just craps it up faster than I can keep up.

lol, that's funny. Fortunately, I don't have that issue yet.

Guest mikewinger

Two questions..?

first, where's the honey comb menu?

second, i need the internet to work again, i cant remember the username and password. help?

Guest blazingwolf
Two questions..?

first, where's the honey comb menu?

second, i need the internet to work again, i cant remember the username and password. help?

1. This already been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. You need to disable large menu in the settings.

2. It should work automatically for any of the ROMs. Username: yourphone#@vzw3g.com Password:vzw

Guest mikewinger
1. This already been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. You need to disable large menu in the settings.

2. It should work automatically for any of the ROMs. Username: yourphone#@vzw3g.com Password:vzw

thank you for the quick reply. as usual the guys in this thread are right on top of their game. :D

Guest mikewinger

ahh. another question. how do i customize the windows default thing. like add more things, or delete some?

Guest WoZZeR999
whoa whoa whoa! i can't beleive you guys havent asked.. what was the drink of choice at the bar WoZZeR?

The drink of choice last night was some tastey bud select mini pitchers. They taste like crap, but at $3 for 32 ounces, I can't pass it up.

My normal choice is beer and whiskey/whiskey drinks! I've actually become a beer snob over the past few years. I'm a fan of the darker porters and stouts, maybe a good red. Guinness is one of my favorite beers, but most places don't pour it right, so it's really only worth getting at a place that knows what they are doing. I've become a fan of smaller craft beers, Dogfishhead (brand) being on of my favorite. If I ever goto a brewery that I have not been to before, I ususally start out with a sampler.

Guest rorokrikri2012

hey I am from the xa-developers thread and i was wondering weather you can give me the files needed to put thiss into our wqvga phone (the LG Incite or the CT810). Please help us. we are in desperate situation and would greatly thank you for helping out :D

Guest blazingwolf
hey I am from the xa-developers thread and i was wondering weather you can give me the files needed to put thiss into our wqvga phone (the LG Incite or the CT810). Please help us. we are in desperate situation and would greatly thank you for helping out :D

Link?

Guest shinta4e

i also would like to know if we can add things like Programs to the main menu like above photos and where are the hexacomb effects i dont see the actual hexa shapes just the icons in a patern awesome job though wozzer ive been usin only your roms since the first one was leaked and i also enjoy guiness as long as its room temp in a frosty glass cheers buddy

Guest charles2995
Wozzer,

I have loaded your 6.5 ROM and below is the list of apps, etc running and installed without problems.

I did notice that some of the icons in SPBMS3 were mixed up at first, but this resolved after a couple resets.

Running:

SPB MS3 w/imarche v4.0 skins

S2V, S2P and S2U2

grigoris taskbar mod v.4

Resco backup

Touch response

Clear temp

Favorite Hackings

Haven't tried to get a good gps lock yet - will try later

Currently have 90 megs storage and 48 megs program with the above and some other small apps.

Great work, so far it seems pretty stable.

FYI: I am using the Lite version

how did you get the touchresponse dll to work??

Guest blazingwolf
i also would like to know if we can add things like Programs to the main menu like above photos and where are the hexacomb effects i dont see the actual hexa shapes just the icons in a patern awesome job though wozzer ive been usin only your roms since the first one was leaked and i also enjoy guiness as long as its room temp in a frosty glass cheers buddy

Programs are added to the start menu any time you install a program. I haven't figured out the logic of how it organizes things though. It might very well be one of the .cpr files though.

The hex image was removed by Microsoft. You can add it back in though. There was some talk about posting the effect on the Sector ROM thread. Might want to look there for it.

Guest PearlMikeJam

First time flasher here with a few questions.

1. Are these the best instructions out their related to flashing the Omnia (http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html)?

2. This is not the most recent build of 6.5, correct? What has changed in the newer build and is it better to wait for the newer build since Wozzer teased that?

3. Do I need to first flash the leaked ROM to get the GPS working or does this accomplish that since it is built off the leaked ROM?

4. If I use something like SPB Backup (I have never flashed or used a back up program), will that return my phone to the same relative state prior to the flash (Home Screen set up, registry edits, installed programs/customizations)?

5. If I am going to use Mobile Shell 3 with this, should I install the Lite or Standard version? I like some of the Samsung programs, so I was leaning towards the standard, but I am not sure if I am overlooking anything.

Thanks in advance for humoring a first timer.

Guest myoder020

has anyone tried to install spb backup? It always fails when I try to.

also has the task manager been removed?

Edited by myoder020

Guest blazingwolf
has anyone tried to install spb backup? It always fails when I try to.

also has the task manager been removed?

Please post the ROM you are using when you ask questions. It will make things easier to comment on.

Guest willyg44

1. Are these the best instructions out their related to flashing the Omnia (http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html)?

2. This is not the most recent build of 6.5, correct? What has changed in the newer build and is it better to wait for the newer build since Wozzer teased that?

3. Do I need to first flash the leaked ROM to get the GPS working or does this accomplish that since it is built off the leaked ROM?

4. If I use something like SPB Backup (I have never flashed or used a back up program), will that return my phone to the same relative state prior to the flash (Home Screen set up, registry edits, installed programs/customizations)?

5. If I am going to use Mobile Shell 3 with this, should I install the Lite or Standard version? I like some of the Samsung programs, so I was leaning towards the standard, but I am not sure if I am overlooking anything.

1. Flashing is a lot easier than most (including me) anticipate. You backup your stuff, open the UMDL, plug in your phone, select the ROM file, press detect and restart your phone. Those directions are fine, as are the ones in the first post Wozzer gave.

2. This is the BETA release. There are not all of the customization features and some other things included. The new Today screen is probably the biggest improvement.

3. Yes, leaked ROM first...

5. Standard version comes with all programs... lite version has some removed and some added stated in the first post of this thread. So, it's really your decision. It will more than likely run better on the lite version due to more free space.

Search around as well especially in these ROM threads, a lot of your questions can be answered there :D

And to myoder, no the task manager is still there.

Edited by willyg44

Guest blazingwolf

1. They work just fine.

2. It's only one build older so not a whole lot.

3. Yes, please read before asking this type of question as it has been asked quite a few times.

4. You need to be careful with this as it can cause problems. It is best to reinstall everything when moving to a new ROM build like from 6.1 to 6.5. There are many changes that will be undone by restoring a backup.

5. Personal opinion. Try both and use the one you like.

Guest myoder020

i'm using the m2d rom. where's the task manager located, because it's not in the windows folder like it was in 6.1.