--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest biff6789
Ok. I'm gonna try to explain this in a way that makes sense...

I originally flashed to CC20 and then to Wozzer's beautiful ROM. But, for reasons I don't want to get into, I need to flash back to just plain old CC20. But I'm not exactly clear on how to do it.

When I flashed to Wozzer's ROM I opened UDML and then clicked the PDA button to load the bin file. Nothing else loaded in UDML and the flash to Wozzer's worked just fine (see image directly below ).

pda.jpg

But here's my question: When flashing back to CC20 I know I'm supposed to follow the same process as the first time, except that after loading the img file, I can click the "EBOOT" and "CSC" buttons to clear those fields out, right? Except that the img file is still loaded in the "PHONE" and "UNIFIED IMAGE FILE" fields (see pic below with the two red circles highlighting the two fields I'm talking about). These two fields are not normally filled in when flashing to a cooked ROM like in the picture above.

UIF.jpg

So when flashing back to CC20, should I leave the "PHONE" and "UNIFIED IMAGE FILE" fields filled in?... Or should I clear them. I need to know so that I don't do something bad and brick the phone

Thanks

Anybody have an answer for this?

Guest oogravyoo
That is an issue with v.5. Wozzer posted a reg edit, but it didn't work for me. Hoping v.6 fixes it.

You can always open google maps, hit search on the left soft key and it is the same.

:up:

tnx..

google maps works just fine on its own, I'll just use that for now.. :D

Guest jbrittmartin
I answered in your thread but if not, I will do it here as well.

Let the city load...after that click MENU (Right softkey) then hit add location.

Or do you mean be able to be more specific, like I want Cairns, AU but the closest I have is Brisbane.

yes, i meant the more specific option.... i'd like to add cities that aren't already on the list.

That is an issue with v.5. Wozzer posted a reg edit, but it didn't work for me. Hoping v.6 fixes it.

You can always open google maps, hit search on the left soft key and it is the same.

I am having the same issue. I couldn't find the reg edit and am hoping the flash to v.6 will solve the issue.

Guest jbrittmartin

i've got a request.

i've been trying to add custom cities to M2D weather and i think i've overwritten my Manila2D.exe file from my Windows folder with a patched version i thought i needed.

well the patched version didn't work and now my M2D won't even open.... i just get the "Tap to Launch TouchFLO" message over and over again.

i failed to backup my original Manila2D.exe file.

could anyone please upload their Manila2D.exe file here for me so i can put it back on my phone and get TouchFLO working again?

i'd REALLY appreciate it. :D

Guest MrSmoofy

Looking for a FREE GPS Program that simply lets me hit a button and record the current GPS location. Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Rhyzar
Anybody have an answer for this?

You should be able to do it either way - I have not personally went back to the Leaked ROM, but if you just select the PDA portion it should work - it is just using the unified image as a source.

If you really don't feel like trying it, you can just flash the entire unified image.

I would say that you would have more of a chance bricking when you flash EBOOT & CSC, but I really don't know for sure.

Guest biff6789
Fix for TitaniumWeather can be found here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...rking-suddenly/

This only worked 50%. I was able to run a full update and get temperature forecasts as normal, but all my icons showed up as red Xs. Running Wozzer's V.05 ROM.

Anyone else having this problem with icons showing up only as Xs?.. Or even better, anyone have a fix yet?

Edited by biff6789

Guest dmcnado
This only worked 50%. I was able to run a full update and get temperature forecasts as normal, but all my icons showed up as red Xs. Running Wozzer's V.05 ROM.

Anyone else having this problem with icons showing up only as Xs?.. Or even better, anyone have a fix yet?

Did you run the cab file or the zip file? If you are running Wozzer's rom, you should run the cab only.

Guest myoder020
i've got a request.

i've been trying to add custom cities to M2D weather and i think i've overwritten my Manila2D.exe file from my Windows folder with a patched version i thought i needed.

well the patched version didn't work and now my M2D won't even open.... i just get the "Tap to Launch TouchFLO" message over and over again.

i failed to backup my original Manila2D.exe file.

could anyone please upload their Manila2D.exe file here for me so i can put it back on my phone and get TouchFLO working again?

i'd REALLY appreciate it. :D

Here you go

Manila2D.exe

Guest biff6789
Did you run the cab file or the zip file? If you are running Wozzer's rom, you should run the cab only.

I see, all I did was replace the broken titaniumweather.mscr file in the windows directory.

Where can I get the cab file you speak of?

Guest biff6789
Adrynalyne packaged it into a CAB for us over at PPCGeeks...I'm sure he wouldn't mind it being shared:

Wow. Quick reply. Thanks! You get a cookie

UPDATE: Nuts. The cab still didn't work. I'm sill seeing red Xs. So to sum up, I replaced the broken titaniumweather file (didn't work) and I ran the cab listed above (still didn't work).

Any other ideas? :D

Edited by biff6789

Guest syrguy1969
Wow. Quick reply. Thanks! You get a cookie

UPDATE: Nuts. The cab still didn't work. I'm sill seeing red Xs. So to sum up, I replaced the broken titaniumweather file (didn't work) and I ran the cab listed above (still didn't work).

Any other ideas? :D

Are you getting the temperature without icons, or nothing at all? I got jusy temp until I re-selected the icons in the display settings...not sure why, but it wouldn't show weather icons until I did this. (It also suggests a reset after instalation, did you try that also?)

Guest biff6789
Are you getting the temperature without icons, or nothing at all? I got jusy temp until I re-selected the icons in the display settings...not sure why, but it wouldn't show weather icons until I did this. (It also suggests a reset after instalation, did you try that also?)

I attached a pic so you can see exactly what I'm seeing. When I go into Titanium Weather menu->Type of icons used (Stardock is selected right now)->The list of icons to choose from is completely blank. No icons to choose from. And yes, I did several soft resets to see if that helped, but to no avail

Screen01.png

Edited by biff6789

Guest Sunil Gangwani

Here's what should fix this for you.

The fix here posted by Sector works with Titanium Weather 4.2.

You need to install the Titanium weather 4.2 plugin which can be found at XDA - here

Disable Windows default (Settings>Start>Items) before installing the 4.2 cab.

After installation use the zip file from the fix posted earlier to replace the stock file in \program files\titanium weather and then soft reset and enable windows default.

This should hopefully help...Thanks to Sector and BW for their input (I will respect Wozzer's thread by not talking about BW's rom)

Edited by Sunil Gangwani

Guest biff6789
Here's what should fix this for you.

The fix here posted by Sector works with Titanium Weather 4.2.

You need to install the Titanium weather 4.2 plugin which can be found at XDA - here

Disable Windows default (Settings>Start>Items) before installing the 4.2 cab.

After installation use the zip file from the fix posted earlier to replace the stock file in \program files\titanium weather and then soft reset and enable windows default.

This should hopefully help...Thanks to Sector and BW for their input (I will respect Wozzer's thread by not talking about BW's rom)

*SIGH* Still didn't work. I even did a HARD reset to start fresh. After the hard reset I only installed Resco explorer (to overwrite the titaniumweather file) and SPB screenshot (so I could send you a shot of what I'm seeing).

To start, I disbaled Windows Default in the Items tab then did a soft reset, installed the cab after which I did another soft reset, replaced the titaniumweather file in the directory, soft reset, enabled Windows Default again, soft reset once more... and now when I try to even click on the Titanium weather menu (right soft key) I see this:

Screen02.png

Oddly enough, the best luck I've had so far is NOT installing the 4.2 plugin and just overwriting the titaniumweather file. When I did that, I was able to get accurate weather updates, but the icons were missing (see below):

Screen01.png

Is there a way I can just get the icons from somewhere?? Cuz as you can see in the pic immediately above, I think that's all I'm missing

Edited by biff6789

Guest Sunil Gangwani

I did the same yday. I did a hard reset and reflashed to wozzer's rom and subsequently replaced the mortscript file...I ended up in the exact same situation with the weather updating but no icons. I ended up doing another hard reset, installed TW 4.2 first and then replaced the mortscript file with the one in the fix and did not have further issues on Wozzer's rom. I am trying BW's rom right now so can't really send you a screenshot of what it looked like.

I am not sure if the icons in Wozzer's Titanium Weather plugin are incompatible with the "fix" since it appears that the fix was designed for 4.2.

Edited by Sunil Gangwani

Guest biff6789
I did the same yday. I did a hard reset and reflashed to wozzer's rom and subsequently replaced the mortscript file...I ended up in the exact same situation with the weather updating but no icons. I ended up doing another hard reset, installed TW 4.2 first and then replaced the mortscript file with the one in the fix and did not have further issues on Wozzer's rom. I am trying BW's rom right now so can't really send you a screenshot of what it looked like.

I am not sure if the icons in Wozzer's Titanium Weather plugin are incompatible with the "fix" since it appears that the fix was designed for 4.2.

Where did you get this Mortscript file?... The zip fix I have only contains the fixed titaniumweather.mscr file

Guest biff6789
that's the one

Oh. Well then I did the same as you, as far as I can tell, and I got no love.

Oh well, thanks for helping anyway. I'm sure Wozzer's working on this for his highly anticipated V.06 ROM

And now that one problem has been addressed, it's time to bring up another we've been working on in a different thread. See next post...

Guest biff6789

Wozzer,

Several of us using your V.05 ROM have been having issues with text messages freezing and completely locking up the phone.

Here's the original post from a different thread:

"Since installing Wozzer's v.05 ROM, about 50% of the time when I go to read an unread text message (in SPB Mobile Shell 3) I can open the message just fine, but when I try to "X" out of the message, my phone freezes up anywhere from 20 seconds to several minutes. It's in complete lock and all I can do is either wait or soft reset. The other 50% of the time it works just fine. I've tried all sorts of variables and can't seem to pin down the cause.

I thought the problem might be a RAM issue so I disabled most of the panels on Titanium (only using 5 panels right now) but that only cleaned up about 2 megs of RAM and hasn't fixed the problem. I know the problem isn't other open programs because this can happen right after a clean boot-up

Anyone have a solution for this??"

Several users have reported this using SPB Mobile Shell, M2D, and no shell at all, at which point we decided to move the discussion to this thread.

Do you have any suggestions or help for us?