• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fault since 'Cupcake' 1.5 OTA update

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Me and my gf both have a G1 on T-Mobile, her G1 received the 'Cupcake' 1.5 update OTA last week, since then her screen intermittently displays white lines and will not come back on until removing the battery for a few mins before powering it back up.

My G1 still hadn't received the update OTA, so I downloaded it and installed via my sd card - I have had no problems.

So I tried to run the update again on my gf's G1 via SD card but it errors, i tried the 'wipe data/factory reset' option too, but now when it boots it just goes to the update screen, rendering it useless.

Does any1 know how to do a real factory reset, or roll-back from the OTA update?

Kind Regards

Double-K

Edited by Double-K

Posted

Is the device rooted or stock?

P

Posted

What error do you get when you try and run it via SD?

P

Posted

What error do you get when you try and run it via SD?

P

Paul Posted Today, 09:44

Is the device rooted or stock?

P

It's stock, and sorry for forgetting to include the error.

I'm at work now so will reply with the error when I get home.

Thanks in advance

Double-K

Posted

You say you tried a ALT-L/ALT-W factory reset?

P

Posted

You say you tried a ALT-L/ALT-W factory reset?

P

Yeah it says that it is done, then tells me to reboot, and it just goes back to the 'triangle' screen.

GF is not happy :-(

Double-K

Posted (edited)

Right,

I got some help on the T-Mobile forum (Click Here) in putting the old firmware back on (RC7 for UK) to aty least get the phone in working order, which worked fine.

But - when trying to update it onto cupcake, as I did on my G1 (the problem device belongs to my gf, remember :-p) it errored;

Installing from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening package...

Verifying package...

Installing update...

E:Failure at line 1: assert file_contains("SYSTEM:build.prop", "ro.build,fingerprint=tmeu/kila_eu/dream/trout:1.1/TMI-RC9/128600:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys") == "true" || file_contains("SYSTEM:build:prop", "ro.build.fingerprint=tmeu/kila_eu/dream/trouInstallation aborted.

Press Home+Back to reboot

Any ideas on this error?

Also, do you know if T-mobile will push out the OTA update again, or do they mark the account as already having it?

Thanks for your advice so far :-)

Double-K

Edited by Double-K

Posted

Thinking about it, the os it's running is exactly how it was when we got the handset, there was an update between then and the cupcake.

Do the updates need to be done in order?, as i'd need to update to that version before updating to cupcake.

Any idea what that update was?

Double-K

Posted

Well cupcake was pushed OTA to the handset approx 2 hours after putting RC7 back on, have had no further issues, so thanks for all your help.

Double-K

Posted

Excellent, got there in the end! :D

P