Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness & Beyond the Dark Portal for WQVGA

Guest ionfist

Guest ionfist
how to scroll in the game without tapping on the mini map ! it's a bit very small to be accurate!

Hence the new version, play with the pocketpc.lua and tell me your findings :D

Guest hutame

thanks once more to all. it works fine on my omnia. Besides this starcraft still does not work! what necessary?

heres my screenshots:

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

wc3.jpg

Edited by hutame

Guest ionfist
can u please upload ur pocketpc.lua file for omnia keys?

Here is my pocketpc.lua. There are comments in the file. The arrow keys are used for controlling the units. For example if you have a peon selected if you move the direction key in a direction it will do something, e.g. go to the build menu, and from there again depending on the direction you'll get a building. This is usefull when playing in full screen mode (check the pocketpc.lua file :D ).

Keep them coming! would love to see someone to make it so we can scroll the map with the d-pad.

P.S. i have found the speach files for the campaing if you want them please let me know.

pocketpc.rar

Edited by ionfist

Guest ionfist
Hi everyone . Thought of creating a cab for this game (For easy installation)

This cab can be installed anywhere (main memory,my storage, storage card)

It creates shortcut in start menu / games and copies all files to the installation

directory.

Have fun playing this game :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hdnnoxmimjk

Really nice job smilegod :D. Although its not the final version of the game.

Btw which version is your cab? I want to include it in the first post.

Edited by ionfist

Guest smilegod
Really nice job smilegod :lol: . Although its not the final version of the game.

Btw which version is your cab? I want to include it in the first post.

I will make cabs for other versions too :lol:

Hm dont know wasnt watching when downloaded :D

Edited by smilegod

Guest ionfist
I will make cabs for other versions too :lol:

Hm dont know wasnt watching when downloaded :D

No problem :lol: just tell me the date the .exe was edited, was it 12/2005 or before?

Guest smilegod
No problem :D just tell me the date the .exe was edited, was it 12/2005 or before?

Created: 2005 year. June 13 d., 00:00:06

Modified: 2005 year. June 13 ., 00:00:06

:lol:

Guest Strianer

Thanks a lot for this awesome game, I've been looking for this since I got my Omnia! :D

Everything is perfect, I even managed to exchange the german voice files and mission descriptions. The only thing I have found missing is the music, is it possible to add the original music files?

I could upload those If you need them.

Guest ionfist
Thanks a lot for this awesome game, I've been looking for this since I got my Omnia! :D

Everything is perfect, I even managed to exchange the german voice files and mission descriptions. The only thing I have found missing is the music, is it possible to add the original music files?

I could upload those If you need them.

You can upload them and I'll try to look into it. But I have exams coming up these weeks, so maybe in a few weeks I could have have some results.

Guest Strianer

I have encountered another problem:

I have exchanged my pocketpc.lua file with the one you uploaded a few posts ago.

The problem is that it still behaves like the one I initially used, I can't seem to modify it in any way.

The buttons working for me are:

Call Button - Attack

Middle Button - Message

End Call Button - Stop

The ones that don't work are:

Scrolling via the middle button (Would be the most important one imho)

Right Click via the Task button (The best solution for the right click/attack command)

I would just like to know if anyone else is having these problems with the task and camery button not working in WC2.

I'm using SPB MS3.0 if that matters.

Thanks for any help with this.

Guest ionfist
I have encountered another problem:

I have exchanged my pocketpc.lua file with the one you uploaded a few posts ago.

The problem is that it still behaves like the one I initially used, I can't seem to modify it in any way.

The buttons working for me are:

Call Button - Attack

Middle Button - Message

End Call Button - Stop

The ones that don't work are:

Scrolling via the middle button (Would be the most important one imho)

Right Click via the Task button (The best solution for the right click/attack command)

I would just like to know if anyone else is having these problems with the task and camery button not working in WC2.

I'm using SPB MS3.0 if that matters.

Thanks for any help with this.

Both Task and Camera buttons should work. If you believe that they don't then I suggest to uncomment the DumpKeys(true) from the pocketpc.lua and take a note which buttons you press so you will get their code in the stderr.txt. This code goes in the begining of each binding. Then if you take a look at the web pages I posted you will find the ascii code of the keys you want to emulate and place them in the third column. I personally didn't ind the ascii code of the arrow keys, if you could emulate those I think you can move the map around with the direction keys, if this is how the stratagus is handling them. Good luck!

Guest Dado...

definitely missing scrolling buttons.... some region on minimap is not selectable... this problem if need precise location (small sea shore for example)

Guest Strianer
definitely missing scrolling buttons.... some region on minimap is not selectable... this problem if need precise location (small sea shore for example)

Exactly, a small area in the top left corner of the minimap is not clickable. I will try to config the scroll later today, hope it works.

Guest Strianer

I have now checked all the key bindings myself, the codes are exactly the same as on your omnia.

The pocketpc.lua file you provided seems to be perfectly configured, nothing wrong I have found.

I don't understand why I can't use the Task Key for Right Click, the camera key for attacking or the touchpad for scrolling, because all of this is configured in pocketpc.lua.

Any ideas, and has anyone got one of the keys from above working?

Thanks

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
I installed this on my phone i910, I have framework 3.5 and it worked right away. However the icons are really small, too small honestly for my comfort. Also how do you even play the game. Honestly I did not bother to read or look for instructions but without a gamepad how can you even play this, I had a hell of a time just trying to figure how to scroll on the screen. And since I could not see the log off option I could not get out of the game, and not even pressing the end button or trying to shutdown the phone by powering down will end the damn thing. So I had to remove the battery to shutdown the game. Perhaps reading the instructions (if there are any) you can have a better experience with this. But in my opinion this is not worth it the headache.

LOL, typically funny Americans, I am a US citizen so no punt intended :D