Can't update omnia with windows 7, why?

Guest mh21ttn

Guest mh21ttn

I need help, because i don't understant why the wmdc work, sync my phone, but when i tried to open (with the phone conected) update software says : "please install wmdc first".

I selected the all software and driver samsung to run with windows vista and run with administrator.

I have windows 7 (7100), with 64bit.

I need to cnow 1 reason.

Thank's and sorry my bad english.

Edited by mh21ttn

• 3 months later...
Guest bws2007
I need help, because i don't understant why the wmdc work, sync my phone, but when i tried to open (with the phone conected) update software says : "please install wmdc first".

I selected the all software and driver samsung to run with windows vista and run with administrator.

I have windows 7 (7100), with 64bit.

I need to cnow 1 reason.

Thank's and sorry my bad english.

That would be Windows Mobile Device Center here is the link http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...r-download.mspx

Is not the wmdc problem. I have the latest update to this. I think is software update that run only with 32bit. Or is not compatible with windows 7.

Only way to flash is Grand Prix. Is working fine with w7.

Thank's anyway.

Guest meabigbaldguy

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because this is a blind statement, but doesn't WIN 7 have a preinstalled virtual XP machine? If so, then wouldn't this mean that by installing AS 4.5 in the XP VM, one can flash a ROM in an otherwise simpler manner?

Edited by meabigbaldguy

Guest jonboyuk

Let me correct you bald guy :) Win 7 does have a XP VM, but it's not pre installed, and it doesn't support auto reconnection of USB devices, making the update procedure painful.

I flash within the Win 7 x64 environment....

1. Download the ROM of your choice

2. Download i900_EXEcutor.exe

3. Use it to extract the contents of your chosen ROM

4. Download Grand Prix VISTA 1.6.4

5. Run it and deselect "Start downloading immediately

6. Select the GRANDPRIX LV image profile at the top

7. Click Loader/PDA/CSC one at a time, pointing them at the files your extracted (note that the CSC isn't always present)

8. Turn phone off/plug into PC/turn on and press DETECT in Grandprix

9. When it comes up as found, press START DOWNLOADING

10. Phone will reboot, and when the omnia logo comes up again, press START DOWNLOADING one more time

11. Bingo!!!!

Hope that helps someone :)

Jon

Guest Maxwell Newton
Let me correct you bald guy :) Win 7 does have a XP VM, but it's not pre installed, and it doesn't support auto reconnection of USB devices, making the update procedure painful.

7. Click Loader/PDA/CSC one at a time, pointing them at the files your extracted (note that the CSC isn't always present)

10. Phone will reboot, and when the omnia logo comes up again, press START DOWNLOADING one more time

11. Bingo!!!!

Jon

Wow - Comprehensive giude! Thank you, i will be using this very soon :) Take care!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HeWhoWas

11. Bingo!!!!

Hope that helps someone :(

Jon

I....You........

Marry me?

lol

• 4 weeks later...
Guest micrographics

11. Bingo!!!!

Hope that helps someone :D

Jon

Hi

I did the steps mentioned by you but when I click DETECT as per step 8, it displays waiting for device but it fails to find my omnia.

Just to make sure that it is failing to detect, I switched off mobile, connected to PC using USB and then switched on but still it is showing nothing and start downloading is disabled.

Edited by micrographics

• 2 months later...
Guest nmayer79
Hi

I did the steps mentioned by you but when I click DETECT as per step 8, it displays waiting for device but it fails to find my omnia.

Just to make sure that it is failing to detect, I switched off mobile, connected to PC using USB and then switched on but still it is showing nothing and start downloading is disabled.

i also have win 7 64 bit and it wont load drivers for activesync to work, only connection i get is as a usb mass storage device????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lanecabg

IS NOT WORKING AT ALLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve restarted the shitty Omnia about 100 times and the result was .....NOTHING , only waste of time and energy!

I`don`t understand every time i do step by step and ........NOT Working!

I am with Win 7 64bit

As already suggested, if you have a copy of window XP, download and install:

wmware player http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ or

virtual box http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

install them, then it's quite straightforward and safe to create a clean virtual machine where you are going to install windows XP.

You can think that it's probably too much to do just to flash the omnia, but beside that I'm not sure if it will work during an emulation, you can give a try, also because it could be handy to have a XP machine always available (much better than to use the compatible mode of vista or 7)

i also have win 7 64 bit and it wont load drivers for activesync to work, only connection i get is as a usb mass storage device????

LOL...have you even bothered to look into the Omnia's usb connection to see if you have activesync activated? From what you're telling us it seems that you have mass storage device selected instead of activesync.....Therefore it is impossible for WMDC to work. Cheers :)

Edited by Catani

Guest nmayer79
LOL...have you even bothered to look into the Omnia's usb connection to see if you have activesync activated? From what you're telling us it seems that you have mass storage device selected instead of activesync.....Therefore it is impossible for WMDC to work. Cheers B)

it is set to activesync :) windows mobile adapter is where the install keeps running into error.

Guest lunayla

11. Bingo!!!!

Hope that helps someone B)

Jon

Nice tutor Jon, I've tried this, and... (as you said) BINGO, I can flash my Omnia using Windows 7.

Thanks Jon :D

• 7 months later...
Guest Phirebird
IS NOT WORKING AT ALLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve restarted the shitty Omnia about 100 times and the result was .....NOTHING , only waste of time and energy!

I`don`t understand every time i do step by step and ........NOT Working!

I am with Win 7 64bit

Run USDL as admin.

Guest menghuizhi
Let me correct you bald guy :lol: Win 7 does have a XP VM, but it's not pre installed, and it doesn't support auto reconnection of USB devices, making the update procedure painful.

11. Bingo!!!!

Jon

Well said. I did the same thing. I just didn't want to bother downloading so many things for so long and installing them on my new laptop. I've been avoiding anything that occupies more than 1 GB that I didn't need on this new baby of mine. Did the same procedure you mentioned and voila! I have to admit that I remember going on another thread that explained the procedure with more detail--- something noob-friendly, which is good because I've been trying to understand how flashing works and people giving off so many links that just goes off back and forth have left me confused. And that's something since I don't really object to reading as I'm a bookworm but the whole thing with people saying something without explaining and if asked just go forth giving links to more people saying stuff you can't understand--- it does get annoying.

So yeah. Thumbs up.

• 8 months later...
Guest Vickyl
Wow - Comprehensive giude! Thank you, i will be using this very soon :P Take care!

Thanks for the work done. The Grandprix has two more buttons that has not been explained: Phone button and Eboot+PDA+Phone(+multilang). Are we not supposed to load those ones?

Appreciate your answer because I have everything to go through the process and I need all the Info available to do a Good flashing. pls pardon me if I am new in this

Guest leap_ahead
Thanks for the work done. The Grandprix has two more buttons that has not been explained: Phone button and Eboot+PDA+Phone(+multilang). Are we not supposed to load those ones?

Appreciate your answer because I have everything to go through the process and I need all the Info available to do a Good flashing. pls pardon me if I am new in this

here : http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-noob-friendly/