• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rant...sort of..

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey, I know many of you may not share my opinion on this. I see all this discussion on the issues with the i910's GPS (thanks to verizon), This custom ROM and that custom ROM (yes, I am using wozzers 6.5 and no, I'm not downplaying all the developers hard work and dedication in their cooking), but I really wish that some of these really exceptionally gifted guys could help with the effort to get Android running on the i910. It just sucks not really understanding the issues that they are running into and knowing that guys like Wozzer and the others seem to really know what they are doing. Please don't blast me. I just would crap my pants if they figured out how to make it work.

Edited by semmtexx

Posted

Hey, I know many of you may not share my opinion on this. I see all this discussion on the issues with the i910's GPS (thanks to verizon), This custom ROM and that custom ROM (yes, I am using wozzers 6.5 and no, I'm not downplaying all the developers hard work and dedication in their cooking), but I really wish that some of these really exceptionally gifted guys could help with the effort to get Android running on the i910. It just sucks not really understanding the issues that they are running into and knowing that guys like Wozzer and the others seem to really know what they are doing. Please don't blast me. I just would crap my pants if they figured out how to make it work.

I know one of the MAJOR issues is that they don't have access to the CSC from the .img file. They need an exe update rom to get more information. I'm surprised Wozzer even got 6.5 working without it. He made it clear that it was an important part of it.

Posted

Android would be nice. But all i care about is having full functionality/flexibility from the device.. Either way all the work and progress is appreciated regardless of where it is being done.

Posted (edited)

It should be noted that priorities differ from person to person, so I don't see how they are askew.

Playing with file configurations and porting similiar OSes is one thing, but porting a completely different OS is quite another.

My advice is to look into it, and see what you can contribute. Otherwise, you have to take a backseat to other people's priorities.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Posted

Thanks for the replies guys!

Posted

I know that I am not interested in Android on my Omnia so I will not be working on it. I also don't think my priorities are askew. :D

Posted

I removed the "askew" part. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Posted

I removed the "askew" part. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

You didn't offend me. :D It will take more then that.

Posted

Android would be nice, but the hurdles needed to jump for android are far greater than WM6.5. I work well with troubleshooting, and getting things to work. I can't program that well (I haven't in years), but I did try to help someone along the way. The i900 android dev, stopped when they realized that they needed someone who really knew what they were doing with linux on mobile/embeded devices.

Posted

mmm Linux.. I used to have it on this laptop.. but i had to go back to windows because i need it to run some engine management software.. There was a version for winmo of that software a while back too .. But i guess the guy lost interest.. that would be sweet.. Then i could put opensuse or mint on this old lappy again.