• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

if your still in your 30 day purchase window with verizon...

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Just picked up my omnia two weeks ago when the price was 269 with a 70 dollar rebate, they just dropped the price to 169 with a 70 rebate. I decided to ask if I could get my 100 bucks back and the mall kiosk guy said no but I could call customer service and they might be able to do it so I decided it was worth a try to save a 100 bucks and sure enough, they said that since I was still in the 30 day satisfaction window that they would honor the new price and credit me a 100. I know it sucks for those of you that have had them longer but if your in that window its worth the 10 minutes to save 100 bucks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot mods, I figured it would be 910 specific since it was with verizon. Feel free to move it if you need to

Posted

Just picked up my omnia two weeks ago when the price was 269 with a 70 dollar rebate, they just dropped the price to 169 with a 70 rebate. I decided to ask if I could get my 100 bucks back and the mall kiosk guy said no but I could call customer service and they might be able to do it so I decided it was worth a try to save a 100 bucks and sure enough, they said that since I was still in the 30 day satisfaction window that they would honor the new price and credit me a 100. I know it sucks for those of you that have had them longer but if your in that window its worth the 10 minutes to save 100 bucks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot mods, I figured it would be 910 specific since it was with verizon. Feel free to move it if you need to

Not bad, I actually got mine for $99.00 when they had the special on March.

Posted

Not bad, I actually got mine for $99.00 when they had the special on March.

Me too :D They cut the 199 price in half 5 days after I bought mine. Omnia is the greatest, and now one of if not the cheapest phones verizon offers.

Posted

Its funny... they did the price drop almost 2 months after I got mine. I still got a $100 credit... without even having to ask? I don't know what else it would have come from lol...

Posted (edited)

Me too :lol: They cut the 199 price in half 5 days after I bought mine. Omnia is the greatest, and now one of if not the cheapest phones verizon offers.

I got this great phone free. I was due a $50 New Every 2, and the phone was $270 - $70 rebate. Then, one day I got a mailer from them upping my New Every 2 to $100. A few days later, they did away with the rebate, and made it $199 flat. So I jumped, and paid $99 out of pocket.

Less than 2 weeks after that, they dropped the price to $99, no rebate. One call to customer service and I got the $100 credited, making my total price $0.

Of course, that's not counting the $30 extra per month I'm now paying for "unlimited" data. :D

Edited by tedkord

Posted

Hey, thanks much for this thread. Since I'm at work, I had my wife call Verizon, and they credited $100 to our account.

Posted

i got the 100 bux credited in april and i had gotten this phone in january. you just have to call em. so my phone ended up being free too..

Posted

I got my Omnia in January, the price dropped in February, I called for the money back, and they said NO. This was somewhere between about 31-33 days after purchase. You guys got the nice ones on the phone, I guess. Ended up paying 200, no money back.:D

Posted

Something I've found after dealing with Verizon over the last decade... whenever you get a rep on the phone who isn't very helpful, just keep calling back until you get one that is. It's amazing the things certain reps can do that other reps claim is not possible.

Posted

Something I've found after dealing with Verizon over the last decade... whenever you get a rep on the phone who isn't very helpful, just keep calling back until you get one that is. It's amazing the things certain reps can do that other reps claim is not possible.

Yup, took me 3 tries but I finally got a rep that would rebate my $100. We then went on to talk about the GPS unlock and I got a, dont hold your breath, response... Gotta love VZW =(