How to Flash your i900 Omnia phone

Guest sector

Guest euthanasia2003
I am also trying to flash my omnia and it's not really working:

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download! 

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Hi i had the same error massage and i had to disconnect my omnia now its with the repair people cos i couldnt get it to load or go into boot mode the power button was not even showing any light. If anyone has the solution plz let me know Thanks.

and it remains at 0%

whats wrong there?

Guest euthanasia2003

Yes it remains at 0% and doesnt go any further so i had to disconnect the cable and now my phone wont even go into boot mode so i hope the service people are able to fix it i asked them today and they said they will try to find some software which will allow the boot mode to work then they will be able to fix it.

Guest euthanasia2003

I dont think we will find a solution to the problem in this forum....:-(

Yes it remains at 0% and doesnt go any further so i had to disconnect the cable and now my phone wont even go into boot mode so i hope the service people are able to fix it i asked them today and they said they will try to find some software which will allow the boot mode to work then they will be able to fix it.

Do I download a rom before I try this ? and where can I get a good one ?? Or is the rom the updater ? I went to do a factory restore and my phone hang in the calibration screen and now I want to update it to a new rom maybe my phone will work again so what do I need to know besides the first post ....

I am running Vista 32 bit so would i have to follow the

"Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit)."

OR should the "Steps used for updating under Windows XP (32 bit)." be fine?

Cheers,

Guest sector

If u followed the steps it should be fine...

I am running Vista 32 bit so would i have to follow the

"Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit)."

OR should the "Steps used for updating under Windows XP (32 bit)." be fine?

Cheers,

Dude the instructions are very clear :).

Under VMWare it is the best for Vista/Win7.

Guest kikloo

Hi,

Which updater are you refering to run in step 7 ?

"7. Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)"

Please help, I am new.

Thanks.

Guest sector
Is it possible to flash a WinMo 6.5 rom and afterwards a 6.1 rom?

Yes.

Hi,

Which updater are you refering to run in step 7 ?

"7. Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)"

Please help, I am new.

Thanks.

:) im referring about the rom updater (flashing tool) as we are talking about flashing rom procedure.

Guest silentstrm91

I can't seem to get the upgrader to detect my omnia. im using the VM on vista. Ive disabled my firewall, followed all the instructions. Someone help me please.

I only have two questions for you guys how know all this. I've had a Touch Diamond before (got a new omnia really cheap) so I know a bit about flashing and so forh. However I was wondering, my Omnia is locked to a carrier, do I need to unlock it before I flash or am I good to go? My other question is, I'm using Win 7 and I have installed virtual xp, is it safe to flash under virtual xp?

I only have two questions for you guys how know all this. I've had a Touch Diamond before (got a new omnia really cheap) so I know a bit about flashing and so forh. However I was wondering, my Omnia is locked to a carrier, do I need to unlock it before I flash or am I good to go? My other question is, I'm using Win 7 and I have installed virtual xp, is it safe to flash under virtual xp?

You can flash to a custom rom but it might be locked after it. Locking the phone is caused by the radio that is included. For example Vodafone has its own radio (phone.bin). It will be better to unlock it using the guide in Omnia section.

Im not sure for virtual xp but im sure for VMWare that supports and emulates all the hardware. I suggest you to use VMWare instead of virtual xp.

You can flash to a custom rom but it might be locked after it. Locking the phone is caused by the radio that is included. For example Vodafone has its own radio (phone.bin). It will be better to unlock it using the guide in Omnia section.

Im not sure for virtual xp but im sure for VMWare that supports and emulates all the hardware. I suggest you to use VMWare instead of virtual xp.

Thanks for the answers Sector! I will unlock it before I flash, just to be sure. And I will investigate further into wether I should use virtual xp or not since I do not own a copy of xp, not yet anyways. Thanks again!

Guest Fus1996

I have an I910 and when I try to flash I keep getting a Checksum FAILED message. Is this b/c most of these ROMS are only for the I900??

I have tried Sectors, Khuanchai, and various others with the same results...I have managed to use Waremike32's ROM but is is specifically for the I910. I want to give Khuanchai's ROM a go..

Any ideas??

Guest superdannyj

Hi, I have been reading through pages and pages of messages, and its got me quite confused. so i though id just ask a few questions before i flash to reduce the risk of bricking my phone, hope someone can help me... I am in the UK and using a samsung omnia i900 on Tmobile

PDA:i900XXHH7/BOHH5 (XX=UK HH=2008 Aug version 7 / BO == T-Mobile, Germany HH=2008 Aug version 5)

PHONE:i900USTII

1) is this the latest official Tmobile UK ROM?

2) So i take it you dont have to flash Hard SPL like on some other phones...

3) does pre flashing the CF03 only apply to american i910s and not uk i900s?

and therefor its literally as simple as installing the modem driver for xp, plugging in, and running the updater...

Thanks loads for this mate. Really helped me out. total noob, but after reading around the forums and finding this in particular i managed to flash 2 roms now and my omnia is sooo much better. Nice one :)

Guest AlexanderJCM

Hi xperts!!! :)

I've tried to flash a new Rom into my Samsung Omnia i900l, but it did not work.

Everytime that I try, the same error occurs:

PDA Device Found!

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

cFile.Open Failed

I tried to use different Roms but nothing works...

I install Samsung Modem XP, uninstall my Antivirus, disable my Firewall.

My Phone is a Samsung Omnia i900l - i900LUIHJ6 / LUIHJ6 (Tim - Brazil)

What can I do?

Thanks a lot

Guest mbagiella

Hello guys,

I'm trying to upgrade my phone omnia but it block at 12%, the step one DOWNLOADING EBOOT...

I dont know what to do, I don't want to plug it out but it's 10 min like this. How does it take to flash a phone ?

I'm using vmWare with macbook pro, everything did step by step like it said in the tuto of page 1.

It's the second time that my phone block at 12% but the first time I plug it out and didn't switch again.

I using Khuanchai_IF1_23071_UL_PP6. what can I do ?

Thanks

Guest lonewolf40000

This tutorial was really great - getting VMware to work was a pain in the ass.

Just as an FYI for anyone having issues with VMware detecting the USB controller on the host - if you have an ATI/AMD driver installed anywhere, look at your ATI/AMD folder, under drivers, and search around for AMDUSB - it interferes with VMware functioning.

Now, onto the problem.

I have the i900 firwmare dxhk2/dzhk2, I think, and I am dying here trying to install it.

got VMware running, activeSync found the i900, the firmware updater for XP from the samsung site set for DZIA5, and I had hoped that it would move fine, as the updater detected the omnia, verified it, and restarted the device.

At this point, the device restarts, but even when it connects and syncs again in VMWare, the screen does not advance - nothing, nada, zip, negatory. Sometimes the VMware machine will freeze.

I noticed that there is a link for a software called grandprix - is that the software you are referring to in your initial post? or am i missing something elsewhere, being a noob at both the flashing and VM side of computing.

TBH, the vast number of roms here is confusing - even if I could simply pick another rom to run with, i'd be too confused as to what does what to figure it out.

Thanks in advance

=wolf=

Ok so I run win7 And i do exactly as in the description. Everything is ok ... untill i click start on the rom ... it says "downloading images" it goes to 100% 3 times and then it shows failed... I've tried different roms and its not from them... If any1 could help me , please do :D

Thanks in advance

May be a stupid question, I got my phone flashed a new ROM, but still wondering about step 12: "Leave the phone to reboot 2 times". You mean we should manually reboot the phone 2 times (using Reset hole) or the phone will automatically reboot 2 times? (in my case the phone just automatically reboots once)

Thanks

Hi Sector and all the members.

I really want to flash to the new ROM and I event re-open my old laptop OS Window Xp.

Now below my sum of what i've done;

1. I've off the USB link under Window Mobile sync
  2. Download and install ActiveSync 4.5
  3. Download and install Samsung Driver
  4. Off all the firewall window & Norton anti virus
  5. Download qbus from KuanChai
  6. Shut down computer and re start
  7. start qbus launcher
  8. Connect usb cable and start omnia phone
But system only show

No PDA Device Found ... close device

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

Whyyyy... am I missing something? I'm in WM 6.1.....

Can anyone help pleasee...

I wish Sector or Kunchai can do video clip in Youtube what apps that needed to flash and how to flash step by step omnia i900.

If there is already please send me the link

Thank you thank you in advance.....