How to Flash your i900 Omnia phone

Guest sector

Guest lupus_hegemonia

I have try that xda_uc new instalation feauture... but it didn't work to me.

I did it with several 6.5s and after the "flash's" complete instalation, when the xda_uc started... the phone "freezed" and no matter what, after many soft-resets, it was still "freezed" in the PIN screen - so I had to hard-reset it.

Anyway... I think it's about CABs and not about the xda_uc application itself. The problem is, I DIDN'T put in the XDA_UC/SD folder "strange/odd" application; just the usual 5-6 first applications I'm using: SPB keyboard, Resco Explorer, Omnia 3D drivers, All Region fix, Front camera, iContact, Ckerts... the usual stuff they never gave me "install-error" reports.

So... what I did wrong with the xda_uc?

It's the first time I choose to use it, so I may did something wrong - although I've read carefully the instructions...

Guest djsolidsnake86
One more thing for happy flashers:

I finally figured out how to flash a i900 rom under Windows 7 x64.

I have foud around here, that i have to have the "i900 executor", the "Samsung modem Vista" driver, and the "Grand Prix 1.6.4 Vista" exe.

It was almost fine, except the grand prix havent recognized the phone after the 100x reset eighter. There, i started to have a suspicion, that "Driver havent installend successfully" message at the samsung modem vista driver was true. <_<

The solution was:

START THE SAMSUNG MODEM DRIVER'S SETUP.EXE IN "VISTA SP2" COMPATIBILITY MODE, AND EVERYTHING WILL BE COOL!

There was no need to set anything in the WMDC, or anywhere else.

Anyway, thanks a lot ppl for all the other suggestions!

can i flash also the phone part rom?

Guest kimitza
can i flash also the phone part rom?

yes. But you will find phone.bin only in full, official 6.1 roms. There is a thread with all the phone parts. choose there the one you want and go ahead. it's the same procedure.

Guest djsolidsnake86
yes. But you will find phone.bin only in full, official 6.1 roms. There is a thread with all the phone parts. choose there the one you want and go ahead. it's the same procedure.

Service stopped successfully

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

i have this error!

Guest kimitza
Service stopped successfully

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

i have this error!

Try to flash a new rom(example ock's UL 21892) and the phone. bin from other. It worked for me and it should work for you too. Good luck. Just be careful when you flash. Use the GrandPrix method.

Guest bellzii

My power/usb socket is not working , I can only charge the battery out of the phone and then put it again , im having problems with my current rom and would like to change it can I flash it using bluetooth or is it tough luck?

Also its been sometime now my internal storage has dissappeared from the phone !! any advice on this?

Thanks in advance

Guest chelooo

Hy guys.

I brought yesterday an samsung omnia i900, 8gb.. and it had installed wm 6.1 ..ugly and stupid rom ;)

Since.. i had some other wm phones in the past, like htc diamond.. im not quite a newbie in this thing, but i did exactly what the tutorial said.. on win xp.. and when i hit the start button in the flasher.. it stucks to DOWNLOADING EBOOT 0%.. :P what to do boys ?? I don't want to brick my phone..

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, coz im from Romania :)

Guest kimitza
Hy guys.

I brought yesterday an samsung omnia i900, 8gb.. and it had installed wm 6.1 ..ugly and stupid rom ;)

Since.. i had some other wm phones in the past, like htc diamond.. im not quite a newbie in this thing, but i did exactly what the tutorial said.. on win xp.. and when i hit the start button in the flasher.. it stucks to DOWNLOADING EBOOT 0%.. :P what to do boys ?? I don't want to brick my phone..

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, coz im from Romania :)

It's easy. Follow my method and you will be done in 5 minutes. You need a good rom(i recommend ock's roms), grandprix Xp, i900 executor, samsung modem driver xp.

E usor. Vezi ca am facut un tutorial despre flashuire. E cateva pagini mai in urma. Tot ce iti trebuie, e mentionat acolo. Nu ai cum sa dai gres. Bafta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ov2rey

i flash omnia with pda keep showing error

jump flash failed

using windows vista with grandprix vista

now i can't start my phone... anyone can help

Guest gooni3

hey guys do we need to reformat / hard reset the phone before we flash the rom? or just straight away follow the sector's instruction then it's already okay..

because i still find some old programs after i flash the rom.. ~.~

Guest kimitza
hey guys do we need to reformat / hard reset the phone before we flash the rom? or just straight away follow the sector's instruction then it's already okay..

because i still find some old programs after i flash the rom.. ~.~

You should format My storage. If you do a hard reset, it will restore to default the main memory only. The fastest way to flash your phone though it's the GrandPrix way ;)

Guest copland1003

I've got a bit of a problem with the titanium classic rom that i would appreciate some help with. Once i have completed flashing the rom i cant access the home screen because the scrollable menu doesn't appear. I can access the main menu fine and all the icons work apart from the Text and Email icons. Does anyone have any idea why this maybe happening? I have flashed a few other roms recently and have had similar problems with all of them. Thanks in advance!

Guest bxlogic

HELLO, i tried this roM for my omnia i-900, and it got bricked, only the red power on light is up, nothing else wont show?

ANYONE have idea how to fix it?

_________20.02.2010__________

----------- Build 28230 --------------

____________WMD___________

Changelog:

- update OS to new WMD build 28230,

- update cleanRAM to v1.9.4

- removed nodata,

- added DialUpEnablerDisabler v0.5

- added M2D classic version (i have ported to omnia M2D v1_20_19131530_00 it works realy nice,

- some other changes that i dont remember

Download (pass modaco.pl):

M2D: Download

M2D Classic : Download

Lite: Download

Normal: Download

Guest Elvis544
Just recently have Flashed my Omnia i900 and was able to document a few highlights for your perusal guys...

Hi.

Where did you get that program? i really need it ;)

Guest Elvis544
HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL

=====

First of all for the newbies i would recommend to play a bit with the phone before upgrading. Get to know how your phone and current ROM works.

Please be patient and read again if you don't understand anything. Make sure that you know what you are doing.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF U DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!

GOOD LUCK!

Important :

Those who then want to make you sure for the safest way of changing the ROM in OMNIA i900 should follow closely (in case) the following steps.

Make sure you:

• Turned off any Firewall you have on the PC.
  • Not running the update in Safe Mode.
  • Not to perform any other work on your PC.
  • Make sure the phone is fully charged (important)
  • Do not update from a PC where you have limited rights. Eg. Internet Cafe, Work etc.
  • Prefer Laptop as if you have electricity dropped you will have some extra battery and wont harm your phone.
  • Use only one USB port for you Omnia update, the best one it works for you. Do not try multiple.
    1. Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)
    2. Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)
    3. Reboot the PC.
    4. After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.
      Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.
      It is advised to reboot your PC also.
    5. Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).
    6. Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.
    7. Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)
    8. Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.
    9. Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.
    10. Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.
    11. Disconnect your phone.
    12. Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.
    13. Enjoy the new firmware.
    =====================================================================

Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit).

The tutorial is taken from my friend shokka9. Thank you baw$

If you don't know what VMware is, take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware for more information.

Things you'll need on Vista:

• VMware Workstation (latest will work)
    • Microsoft Windows XP CD or .ISO image and the serial key
    • 2gb of free disk space
      • Use the ones that mentioned for Windows XP.
      • Make sure you turn off the USB on the Windows Mobile Device Center.

• Mobile Settings -> Connection Settings -> Untick "Allow USB Connections".
        • After flashing tick it back.

Let's start:

[*]First install VMware's Workstation. You can get a trial version at http://www.vmware.com/

[*]If you have an .ISO image of your Windows XP CD on your hard disk like I do, you won't need the CD, otherwise you'll need it. If you don't have the image, put the CD into your CD/DVD-ROM.

[*]Run the workstation.

[*]Go to FILE -> NEW -> VIRTUAL MACHINE and choose TYPICAL. On the next tab select the source from where you want to install a virtual Windows XP operating system (CD or image).

[*]On the next tab, press next. When the dialog appears, choose YES.

[*]Now enter a name for your virtual XP machine and choose a location where you want to save the machine - it's good to have at least 2gb of free space!

[*]On the nex tab, I've chosen 2.5gb. I think that's enough, if you wish only to flash your ROM. You can choose to install the machine to a single file or splitted. I've chosen single.

[*]On the next tab, click Customize Hardware button and select "USB Controller". Make sure High-Speed USB 2.0 and Auto connect USB devices are checked. Press OK, then press FINISH.

[*]Maybe you'll get a warning from VMware but don't bother, just skip it.

[*]The Windows installation process should follow. The installation took on my PC for about 25min.

[*]When the setup has finished, you can normally run and use Windows XP via WMware.

[*]Update your XP machine via Windows Update, reboot and start flashing.

Flashing:

[*]Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)

[*]Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)

[*]Reboot the PC.

[*]After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.

Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.

It is advised to reboot your PC also.

[*]Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).

[*]Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.

[*]Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)

[*]Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.

[*]Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.

[*]Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.

[*]Disconnect your phone.

[*]Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.

[*]Enjoy the new firmware.

Hi Sector.

I'm sitting right now and trying to flash my Omnia I900 but the computer can't recognize the phone? ;) and the problem on my samsung omnia is that it freezes at the SAMSUNG OMNIA logo "/

Guest kimitza
Hi Sector.

I'm sitting right now and trying to flash my Omnia I900 but the computer can't recognize the phone? ;) and the problem on my samsung omnia is that it freezes at the SAMSUNG OMNIA logo "/

if you are using the updater of course it won't recognize it. Use the Grandprix method. It will succeed for sure ;).

Guest Elvis544
if you are using the updater of course it won't recognize it. Use the Grandprix method. It will succeed for sure ;).

Can you give me a GRANDPRIX tutorial cuz i don't know how to use it ;) ;)

Guest kimitza
Can you give me a GRANDPRIX tutorial cuz i don't know how to use it ;) ;)

You need this:

1. I900Executor

2. Vista Grandprix

3.Samsung modem driver for xp, but search for the vista version if you have w7. For me it instaleld automaticaly, so...

Install the modem driver

FIRST STEP.

You need to disassamble the rom with the executor. It will extract it in a new folder. In that folder you will have 4 files(eboot.nb0, pda.bin. phone.bin and customer.csc). Don't be scared if you find eboot.bin and pda.bin only. Most of the custom roms here come without the phone.bin part. It's safer to flash.

SECOND STEP

Open GrandPrix

2.1 Choose Grandprix LV image in the "select profile" sectiom

2.2 Loader -> eboot.nb0

2.3 Pda -> pda.bin

2.4 CSC -> customer.csc

2.5 Phone -> phone.pda

Third Step . Uncheck the "Start download immediatly" button.

Fourth Step - Connect Omnia (make sure it's on active sync mode) and soft reset it. Press Detect as fast as you can. The "Start Download" should highlight. Press it. It will require to do so 3 times, for each component. And this is it. In about 5 minutes you will have a brand new flashed omnia. After flashing it will reset itself 2 times, so don't be scared.

This is it ;).

NOTE : I have flashed my omnia under XP, VISTA x86/x64 and W7 x86/x64 with this method and IT WORKED EVERY TIME. NO BRICKING AND NO ERRORS. So, if something goes wrong, you are not doing something right.

Guest Elvis544
You need this:

1. I900Executor

2. Vista Grandprix

3.Samsung modem driver for xp, but search for the vista version if you have w7. For me it instaleld automaticaly, so...

Install the modem driver

FIRST STEP.

You need to disassamble the rom with the executor. It will extract it in a new folder. In that folder you will have 4 files(eboot.nb0, pda.bin. phone.bin and customer.csc). Don't be scared if you find eboot.bin and pda.bin only. Most of the custom roms here come without the phone.bin part. It's safer to flash.

SECOND STEP

Open GrandPrix

2.1 Choose Grandprix LV image in the "select profile" sectiom

2.2 Loader -> eboot.nb0

2.3 Pda -> pda.bin

2.4 CSC -> customer.csc

2.5 Phone -> phone.pda

Third Step . Uncheck the "Start download immediatly" button.

Fourth Step - Connect Omnia (make sure it's on active sync mode) and soft reset it. Press Detect as fast as you can. The "Start Download" should highlight. Press it. It will require to do so 3 times, for each component. And this is it. In about 5 minutes you will have a brand new flashed omnia. After flashing it will reset itself 2 times, so don't be scared.

This is it ;).

NOTE : I have flashed my omnia under XP, VISTA x86/x64 and W7 x86/x64 with this method and IT WORKED EVERY TIME. NO BRICKING AND NO ERRORS. So, if something goes wrong, you are not doing something right.

I don't understand the FIRST STEP? and i don't know if this will work cuz i can't get into my phone it freezes at the startup.

Guest kimitza

you don't need to enter the phone. Just dissamble the exe with executor, load the bins with grandprix, reset the phone and press detect. thats it.

Guest Elvis544
you don't need to enter the phone. Just dissamble the exe with executor, load the bins with grandprix, reset the phone and press detect. thats it.

what exe?

Guest Elvis544

I found how to do it but now i have a other problem, I'm at the fourth step, my computer can't recognize the phone ;)

Guest Elvis544
I found how to do it but now i have a other problem, I'm at the fourth step, my computer can't recognize the phone ;)

and I can't find a samsung modem driver for vista -.-