How to Flash your i900 Omnia phone

Guest sector

Guest vbrsekhar

Guys, I have been flashing roms on my xp laptop and after it got damaged due to power problems, I started using my wife's Windows 7 laptop (upgraded to windows 7 from vista) to flash Dhee's and OCK roms. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to make it work on Windows 7, may be because I am not using grandprix. After several attempts on Windows 7, now I can see my phone using windows mobile device centre, but the 23563 rom I downloaded yesterday from OCKs site is not recognising. Earlier eveything used to be exe files in xp and it is pretty straight forward there. But now it appears to be a .bin file (just a single bin file) and icon is appearing with a VLC player symbol. This could be because .bin files are generally associated with VLC player. So not knowing how to flash the rom on Windows 7, I seek anyones expertise to help me.

Also please provide me the link to download grand prix for Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by vbrsekhar

Guest Henri:E:S:Trelvad

a little worryed...

getting the message:

This concludes the beta test of this software release...etc...

But it dosent go away ;)

Guest skoda60

Hello, I started to upgrade and fellow the guide. I am facing this problem on step 1.

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Download failed!!

On my phone still connceted with Samsung Omnia display. What should I do next? Thank for helping.

My phone not bricked after disconnected. I booted back same as my stock ROM.

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60
Hello, I started to upgrade and fellow the guide. I am facing this problem on step 1.

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Download failed!!

On my phone still connceted with Samsung Omnia display. What should I do next? Thank for helping.

My phone not bricked after disconnected. I booted back same as my stock ROM.

Just answer to myself. I changed to another USB port which used to flashed the Omnia2 and success. Case closed.

Guest FelipeRRM

I've got no Phone.bin, only PDA.bin, Do I have to select it in the Phone.bin part too?

What do I miss if I don't use any phone.bin?

Guest kimitza
I've got no Phone.bin, only PDA.bin, Do I have to select it in the Phone.bin part too?

What do I miss if I don't use any phone.bin?

nothing. just leave it the way it is now. you will have the old phone.bin part.

Guest ChaosControl
You need this:

1. I900Executor

2. Vista Grandprix

3.Samsung modem driver for xp, but search for the vista version if you have w7. For me it instaleld automaticaly, so...

Install the modem driver

FIRST STEP.

You need to disassamble the rom with the executor. It will extract it in a new folder. In that folder you will have 4 files(eboot.nb0, pda.bin. phone.bin and customer.csc). Don't be scared if you find eboot.bin and pda.bin only. Most of the custom roms here come without the phone.bin part. It's safer to flash.

SECOND STEP

Open GrandPrix

2.1 Choose Grandprix LV image in the "select profile" sectiom

2.2 Loader -> eboot.nb0

2.3 Pda -> pda.bin

2.4 CSC -> customer.csc

2.5 Phone -> phone.pda

Third Step . Uncheck the "Start download immediatly" button.

Fourth Step - Connect Omnia (make sure it's on active sync mode) and soft reset it. Press Detect as fast as you can. The "Start Download" should highlight. Press it. It will require to do so 3 times, for each component. And this is it. In about 5 minutes you will have a brand new flashed omnia. After flashing it will reset itself 2 times, so don't be scared.

This is it :P.

NOTE : I have flashed my omnia under XP, VISTA x86/x64 and W7 x86/x64 with this method and IT WORKED EVERY TIME. NO BRICKING AND NO ERRORS. So, if something goes wrong, you are not doing something right.

This worked PERFECTLY for me using Win7 Ultimate x64. OCK ROM build 23563.

Guest kimitza
This worked PERFECTLY for me using Win7 Ultimate x64. OCK ROM build 23563.

I'm glad to hear it :P.I'll try to make a video tutorial, but the time is a luxury i don't have these days.

Guest ChaosControl
I'm glad to hear it :P.I'll try to make a video tutorial, but the time is a luxury i don't have these days.

Who does, these days :D

And if someone doesn't even get the tutorial, I don't think a video is able to help them. :P

Some links to like executor or GP would be nice though. I've been searching for those for some time!

executor.rar

USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA.rar

Guest andrew.mazlim

I tried myself to flash in W7s, but almost got bricked my device so I dropped the idea and using XPs for flashing, instead.

Guest ChaosControl
I tried myself to flash in W7s, but almost got bricked my device so I dropped the idea and using XPs for flashing, instead.

Seriously..., how?

Guest andrew.mazlim
Seriously..., how?

Don't know. During the process. So, after I calmed down, I said "F*ck it with W7, let's go back flashing in my other partition with the XPs".

(I never trusted the GrandPrix. Seriously, I started flashing when they begin posting roms in .exe files...)

Guest Herc73

Hi all,

Been a while but have the bug to start flashing again!! Still got till sept before I can upgrade to a something new!! Looking at flashing to one of the JN foundation md2 carbon roms but want some advice on the "phone" part, whats the best phone/ radio to use and whats the best way to flash it?? I have only ever used XP and the .exe way to flash my Omnia and have never had an issue! Nust have had 30+ roms installed! I have just donloaded the Phone DXIF1 exe as this seems to be rated as a good one @andrew.maszlin I think you have mentioned thats a good one too in the other thead? If its a .exe is it just a case on flsahing as usual in XP? Have a laptop with XP/Vista/Win7 just so I can flash easily in XP

Thanks in advance guys!!

Edited by Herc73

Guest kimitza
Hi all,

Been a while but have the bug to start flashing again!! Still got till sept before I can upgrade to a something new!! Looking at flashing to one of the JN foundation md2 carbon roms but want some advice on the "phone" part, whats the best phone/ radio to use and whats the best way to flash it?? I have only ever used XP and the .exe way to flash my Omnia and have never had an issue! Nust have had 30+ roms installed! I have just donloaded the Phone DXIF1 exe as this seems to be rated as a good one @andrew.maszlin I think you have mentioned thats a good one too in the other thead? If its a .exe is it just a case on flsahing as usual in XP? Have a laptop with XP/Vista/Win7 just so I can flash easily in XP

Thanks in advance guys!!

I recommend JJAI1 phone.bin. It's the best in saving battery, gps stability and 3g. Yes, it can be flashed in xp, like a normal rom. It will update only the phone part. Recommend to do a back-up, just in case. Good luck

Guest andrew.mazlim
I recommend JJAI1 phone.bin. It's the best in saving battery, gps stability and 3g. Yes, it can be flashed in xp, like a normal rom. It will update only the phone part. Recommend to do a back-up, just in case. Good luck

It's a bit old phone. Why not trying DXIF1?

Guest Herc73
It's a bit old phone. Why not trying DXIF1?

Well I have flashed to JN's carbon v2 ROM and the DXIF1 phone on sat so will monitor and see how it goes? I think its my 3g connection that's draining the battery, so I have disabled it today to see how my battery lasts without it!!

Edited by Herc73

• 2 weeks later...
Guest German_AC

Hi, I don't have the phone.bin wich is ok, but I don't have the customer.csc neither. Do I flash my omnia only with the eboot and the pda files?

The option "Phone Bootloader Update" have to be marked or unmarked?

Thanks!!

Guest German_AC
Hi, I don't have the phone.bin wich is ok, but I don't have the customer.csc neither. Do I flash my omnia only with the eboot and the pda files?

The option "Phone Bootloader Update" have to be marked or unmarked?

Thanks!!

Please, can someone give me a hand with this?

Thanks a lot!

Guest ks_punk

hi....if i nt mistaken..it says dat need xp cd in vista os ...is dfat correct...im currently usin vista...please help//....thnx

Guest GEE-DUP

Huge thanks to sector for this tutorial, I was able to flash OCK's WM 6.5 premium ROM first time with no problems. The only thing I did differently was a hard reset before flashing, after I had taken anything off the phone I wanted to keep.

Guest TheGame1594

i have a omnia i900 here in front of me and the updater detects the phone. I click start and getting this after a while!

36cfwfsn.jpg

im use winxp pro sp3

do you know why this is happening?