Samsung Jack (aka Blackjack III) available NOW!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul
jack.png
Samsung have announced availability of the Samsung Jack, the successor to the extremely popular Blackjack II!

Regular readers will know i'm a big Blackjack II fan, and the new device (despite it's silly name) looks set to build on it's predecessors strengths and add a couple of new features.

The full press release covering the launch is available here and you can also visit the AT&T product page to find out more or to purchase a handset.

The Jack is retailing for a no-commitment (i.e. SIM free price) of $349.99, and $199.99 on a 2 year contract but with a further $100 knocked off via a mail in rebate. Not bad I think!

The Jack is shorter than it's predecessor and adds a 3.2MP camera and WiFi (hurrah!). Taking into account the fact that GPS is in there together with a capable 1480 mAh battery, I think it's now up there on my 'must import' list... although it has competition from one of it's own brothers, the Propel Pro...

Which does it for you? Or do you prefer the forthcoming HTC Snap? <_<

P

Guest MrJoneswii

that add was cool.

Looks like a cool device, especially for that price.

I don't like the design of the propel at all, horrendous.

If I had to choose between the jack, propel or snap: HTC Snap hands down !

Guest upeo
that add was cool.

Looks like a cool device, especially for that price.

I don't like the design of the propel at all, horrendous.

If I had to choose between the jack, propel or snap: HTC Snap hands down !

Anybody have one? It looks good, but the little I've heard has me a bit put off by the device being locked to the point that current unlocking measures don't work.

• 1 month later...
Guest HailofaGuy

Paul,

I picked this phone up at one of the Sams Club Kiosk for $50.00 with a 2 year contract. I was amazed it was so inexpensive.

I was very happy to see that it had WiFi capability but after having it for about 10 days and "thinking" I was only connecting to my home WiFi I called AT&T and found out that it also was connecting through MediaNet. I had used 24.6 MB of data by just surfing around on the internet. The customer care rep said I was looking at about $200.00 in data charges if I didn't get the data plan. I went ahead and got the plan and he back dated it to the beginning of my bill cycle.

Anyways so far this phone has worked superbly. A few tweeks here and there and it will be one of the best phones I have ever had.

Only problems I have had are the keys being to close together and not being able to turn off the data connection through AT&T so I can only use WiFi.

Hopefully I will find the app that lets me unlock the registry for this phone and turn off MediaNet. Heres the post I made about that if anyone cares to help me with that.

http://www.modaco.com/content/absolute-beg...ng-for-reg-app/

Laterz.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.