Five things I love about the Xperia X1

Guest David Strange

Guest David Strange

1: The screen. Oh yeah, this looks so good and crisp. Someone should write a Kindle reader for this screen resolution.

2: The keyboard. Perfectly useable.

3: MicroSD card slot. I've got 10GB of music on a 16GB card, plus some apps, and if I do ever own enough music to fill it I can just get a new card.

4: Music player on the mutlimedia panel. Not Windows Media Player, but the panel with a background colour that changes. This is a really top music player and works well in both screen modes.

5: GPS with Google Maps. I'm always getting lost in London, whip out my X1 and I'll be back on course in a trice. I've stopped printing out maps of places I am travelling to because I can just get them up on the X1. Shame that doesn't work so cheaply when you are roaming...

Am I allowed to add one more? I will take that as being a 'Yes'.

6: The panels UI. I admit, I only use the YouTube panel, multimedia panel and the free SPB one (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/oems/cases...csson_xperia_x1), a grand total of three, but they make for such a better user interface than TouchFlow3D. I used that on my Touch Diamond and it was pretty ropey. I won't get a Touch Pro 2 because I don't like TouchFlow much as I fancy its larger display and bigger keyboard.

Soupy twist,

David.

Edited by David Strange

Guest David Strange

You know, I go on about this free SPB Mobile Shell for the Xperia that I feel I ought to post a copy here just in case SPB realise they are giving their best piece of software away for free and decide to stop doing so. So here it is.

Cheers,

David.

SpbMobileShell_EN_Panel_X1.cab

• 3 months later...