Windows Mobile 6.5 Kitchen

Guest sector

Guest sector

Hello everyone so this topic is for providing the kitchen for wm6.5.

It is an extension based on shokka9's tutorial about cooking: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...900-using-syok/

It is a MUST to read that tutorial, understand the basics of cooking before moving on.

It will be nice to start reading in xda forums and help tutorials about xip and sys porting to get an idea what is going on.

===

The kitchen works based on SYOK kitchen by sztupy.

I have attached the \Tools\ directory which includes the tools for cooking on Windows Mobile 6.5.

Download: Tools.rar

===

So just to make a long way short.

WM 6.5 includes different \SYS (system core) and \ROM where here this is the xip.bin is extracted.

1. You need to extract the pda.bin like we know with SYOK kitchen and shokka9's tutorial, without the Tools i am providing.
  2. Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the SYS folder to a temp folder. Copy in the new WM6.5 SYS, and delete .VM, .ROM, \metadata and replace with the ones from the temp folder.
  3. Customize your ROM according to your preferences.
  4. Now we need to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin we have ported from wm6.5 builds. Double click the Shell.cmd and enter the command: \Tools\osnbtool.exe -c OS.nb 1 xip.bin. It will create a new OS.nb.new (also mentioned in shokka tut).
  5. Delete from \ROM the XIP directory. Copy the new xip.bin and the dump.exe (from \Tools) to \ROM directory. Drag n drop xip.bin on dump.exe and you will get new dir \XIP and romhdr.bin.
  6. Grab the attached Tools.rar now and replace it with the old \Tools.
  7. Drag n drop the OS.nb.new on BuildOS.cmd and build you rom.

8. If everything goes fine, you will get a NewROM.bin. Rename it to pda.bin and construct the .exe with pakko's tool.
I received some comments that here we dont help and we keep everything in secret, and we dont want to share. I felt really weird and kind of sad reading these comments but anyone believes what he wants.

Anyway have fun with cooking! <_<

Guest sector
Guest mementomori

tnx sector i thinks its a nice move..

ive been thinking for a while now to try it.. will start with xda and shokka's thread. But your post post reminded me im being lazy and have to start at it <_<

Greetings

Guest angelsanges
Omnia XIP for Windows Mobile 6.5:

21725: xip_out.rar

xip_out si the xip that you use here...

Now we need to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin we have ported from wm6.5 builds. Double click the Shell.cmd and enter write \Tools\osntool.exe -c OS.nb 1 xip.bin. It will create a new OS.nb.new (also mentioned in shokka tut).

??

Guest sector
Sector pls give us a full kitchen with Sys OEM and latest base packed with basic tweaks of urs would be very helpfull

Have you checked the SYS resources?

There are full of SYS. You have to read a bit and not expect to take the full plate and leave.

xip_out si the xip that you use here...

Now we need to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin we have ported from wm6.5 builds. Double click the Shell.cmd and enter write \Tools\osntool.exe -c OS.nb 1 xip.bin. It will create a new OS.nb.new (also mentioned in shokka tut).

??

Yes it is the same. Just rename it to xip.bin or leave it as it is. Doesnt matter.

Guest rendeiro2005
  1. .......
  2. Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the SYS folder to a temp folder. Copy in the new WM6.5 SYS, and delete .VM, .ROM, \metadata and replace with the ones from the temp folder.
  3. .......
:)

sorry sector but i don`t get this. :D

i`ve downloaded wm6.5-fuze-touchpro-kitchen-21725-wwe-v1 from XDA but i think this isn`t the one we needed to make step two because i didn`t find any SYS on that <_<

any sugestion? B)

by the way, a little and quick question, how can i modify mui files so that i can translate to portuguese language?

thks for your great work and don`t even bother to answer those who criticize you

Guest sector

well u wont get the complete SYS from that. i had to port the SYS to get to Omnia's ones. As you see there are 192dpi = VGA/WVGA. We need the 96dpi = QVGA/WQVGA.

some guys in ppcgeeks give the whole package but still needs lots of work to reach the final for Omnia.

For portuguese <_<, requires even more work. Better to get a portugese rom and compare the portuguese mui's that are provided above with the ones in english \SYS\.

And still needs more things to pay attention, according on modules etc.

It will take days to transfor to a proper one.

I have made a greek 6.5 rom but took me days to finalize it.

Guest rendeiro2005
well u wont get the complete SYS from that. i had to port the SYS to get to Omnia's ones. As you see there are 192dpi = VGA/WVGA. We need the 96dpi = QVGA/WQVGA.

some guys in ppcgeeks give the whole package but still needs lots of work to reach the final for Omnia.

For portuguese :) , requires even more work. Better to get a portugese rom and compare the portuguese mui's that are provided above with the ones in english \SYS\.

And still needs more things to pay attention, according on modules etc.

It will take days to transfor to a proper one.

I have made a greek 6.5 rom but took me days to finalize it.

thks for your fast reply <_<

Guest sector

Yes im fixing it now to the default ones so you will have a greater view what is inside. Also fixed the touch issue.

I replaced the cprs with the originals ones and not mine. You can play with the values or get help from rendeiro <_<.

I have included .net3.5 and flite3.1 also.

The one from da_g threas is missing modules and some are not working. I will upload in a while.

Guest shokka9

Good work bro....

I really hope the new chefs (<_<) really read all available info and links provided by me and you (sector).

The only way to learn is to read and try, learn from your mistakes and try to resolve them yourself.

It is easy when you can ask someone, but it is better to figure stuff yourself. This is always the better way of learning.

Good luck, and dont PM me when you can't get it to work....:) this is what this thread is now for.

Good work sector as always, i got your back!!

Guest sector

Always baw$$.

Yes please stop pm me how to solve problems. I opened this thread to try to understand how the process goes.

Try to read and understand. In xda there are many guys. Here we are few if we could answer and might not get a proper answer.

Also Khuanchai will give his support soon <_<.

Guest sector

SYS is uploaded. Feel free to try it out.

I think it is the complete version. If i missed anything excuse me.

SYS includes .VM and .ROM so you can skip that step in tutorial

Guest Anexia

Sector thank you, thank you for this subject, I think that I will fill it out myself a little better ... :)

Note: Sorry for my English, I'm french and I have great difficulty with the language of shakespeare <_<

Guest rendeiro2005
Sector thank you, thank you for this subject, I think that I will fill it out myself a little better ... :)

Note: Sorry for my English, I'm french and I have great difficulty with the language of shakespeare <_<

hi sector, i`ve got an issue here.

when i`m trying to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin got this error.

post-422946-1243602498_thumb.png

any idea?

Guest sector

Why do you use "write" ?

The command is: \Tools\osnbtools -c OS.nb 1 xip.bin . The uploaded XIP, it is named as xip_out.bin so u might need to change the cmd to xip_out.bin or the other way (rename xip_out.bin to xip.bin).

Please read shokka's tutorial to get familiar a bit with cooking <_<.