Windows Mobile 6.5 Kitchen

Guest sector

Guest mario.omnia
Your's ROM is too large. Detete any files from OEMApps or SYS folder.

Hi again,

I did remove everything from OEMApps folder and I was succesfull...I have completed my ROM...

But I want to know what will I lose now when I have deleted everything from OEMApps folder...

Will I have FlashLite, Opera, Camera, and other standard apps...

BTW...in the step where I have to replace SYS folder with the new SYS folder I deleted mine and

copied your SYS_COMMON from your latest 23025 build...of course I backed .ROM, .VM and metadata...

then renamed it SYS and copied back .ROM, .VM, metadata folder to my new SYS folder...

I saw your SYS_0409 folder also but I didnt copy it anywhere and it built a new ROM without it...

This I also don't understand...will I loose something if I don't copy it in the new SYS folder??

Guest Nicklashidegard

Thanks to both Sector and Shokka9 for the help, i've ported it "automatically" for now (worked fine) but i wanna give the manual way a go as well.. :D

Might pester you later for sum advise, i'll see how i get on :angry:

Thanks

Guest Luki007

If you deleted all files from OEMApps, camera, FM radio ,... don't work. Delete only Samsung aplications (Samsung Today, Wallpapers, Tones, Samsung wgt, ...) and Flash Lite 2.1. From SYS folder you can delete Windows Live, Sample Music, RingTones, Windows wgt, ...

Porting (using my SYS & XIP):

Copy .ROM, .VM and Metadata folder from device SYS folder to temp folder.

Delete all from SYS folder.

Copy all from SYS_COMMON and SYS_0409 folders (from my port).

Delete .ROM, .VM and Metadata and replace this using .ROM, .VM and Metadata from temp folder

Delete XIP and romhdr.bin from ROM folder

Copy XIP_0409.bin and dump.exe (from Tools folder) to ROM folder.

Unpack XIP_0409.bin using dump.exe

Delete XIP_0409.bin and dump.exe from ROM folder.

Insert new XIP to OS.nb file: osnbtool.exe -c OS.nb 1 XIP_0409.bin

Build ROM.

Regards,

Lukasz (Luki007)

Edited by Luki007

Guest mario.omnia
If you deleted all files from OEMApps, camera, FM radio ,... don't work. Delete only Samsung aplications (Samsung Today, Wallpapers, Tones, Samsung wgt, ...) and Flash Lite 2.1. From SYS folder you can delete Windows Live, Sample Music, RingTones, Windows wgt, ...

Porting (using my SYS & XIP):

Copy .ROM, .VM and Metadata folder from device SYS folder to temp folder.

Delete all from SYS folder.

Copy all from SYS_COMMON and SYS_0409 folders (from my port).

Delete .ROM, .VM and Metadata and replace this using .ROM, .VM and Metadata from temp folder

Delete XIP and romhdr.bin from ROM folder

Copy XIP_0409.bin and dump.exe (from Tools folder) to ROM folder.

Unpack XIP_0409.bin using dump.exe

Delete XIP_0409.bin and dump.exe from ROM folder.

Insert new XIP to OS.nb file: osnbtool.exe -c OS.nb 1 XIP_0409.bin

Build ROM.

Regards,

Lukasz (Luki007)

Thank you very much for your reply...

That was very helpfull...

Very clear and finally I think I'll be able to do it...

I'll post my results very soon...

Thanx...

Guest mario.omnia

HI,

I'm still having trouble with customizing my ROM and then building it...

Let me describe what I do and what steps I take so that you can correct me where I'm wrong...

(the tool that I use is i900_EXECutor 2.1)

First I extract the i900DXID1.EXE into a folder created by the EXEcutor

(usually folders name is the same as input file's name...)

I get a folder named i900DXID1 and it contains:

customer.csc, eboot.nb0, pda.bin, phone.bin, report.txt, userdownloader.exe...

Next I extract pda.bin also with EXEcutor and I get folders: OEM, ROM and SYS...

I also disassemble customer.csc...EXEcutor creates a folder Customer_CSC...

(now I delete pda.bin as it is of no use anymore...)

Now I edit the CSCConfig.reg file in Customer.csc folder...and manually remove widgets...

in the actual .reg file I remove everything from:

;----------------------------OnlineWidget----------------------------

till the next

;---------------------------------------------------------------------

then I delete: _widgets.dat, AccuWeather.wgt, CNN.wgt, GoogleSearch.wgt, MoreWidget.wgt,

SamsungOnlineWidget.dll, WidgetInstaller.exe, YahooFinance.wgt, YahooSearch.wgt from the

Customer_CSC folder also...

next in the OEMApps folder I remove all .mp3 ringtones manually except Classic Bell.mp3

(my favorite), all Widget.wav sounds, flash.htm, flashlite.dll, FlashLiteSplash.swf, flashsnddec.dll,

Google.exe, Google.exe.0409.mui, GoogleMaps.exe, Samsung's wallpapers (8 of them)...

Then I make a backup of .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders in a backup folder...

next I delete the entire contents of my SYS folder...and copy in the files from SYS_COMMON folder

that has been ported...after that I delete .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders and copy in the ones I backed

up earlier...next I copy the contents of SYS_0409 ported folder to my SYS folder...

Then I go to the ROM folder and delete XIP directory and romhdr.bin file...copy in the dump.exe from

Tools and XIP_0409.bin...in the command prompt I unpack XIP_0409.bin with dump to get new XIP folder and

romhdr.bin file...then I delete dump.exe and XIP_0409.bin files...next I copy XIP_0409.bin file to my ROM

folder and execute in command prompt the command osnbtool.exe -c os.nb 1 xip_0409.bin...

After some time I get a message: Successfully compressed XIP_0409.bin into os.bn.new...and in my ROM folder

I get a file os.nb.new (roughly 176 MB big)...now I delete the XIP_0409.bin from the ROM folder (as it has

no more use) and proceed to building ROM...

First in EXEcutor I assemble the customer.csc file...it creates CSC_New folder in the Customer_CSC folder...

Now I copy that file over the original customer.csc file in the ROM directory...then I delete the Customer_CSC

folder, os.nb-the original one (as they have no more use)...and rename os.nb.new to os.nb...

Now I have a folder that has everything just like when I started...and it contains:

OEM, ROM, SYS folders, customer.csc, eboot.nb0, OS.nb, phone.bin, report.txt and UserDownloader.exe files...

Then I start EXEcutor to build my ROM...under PDA I select assemble and after a while I get a message:

The target file "temp\dump\si_impl.dll" is a directory, not a file

There it all ends...

I tried to describe everything step by step...so for someone with experience it will be no problem to see

where I went wrong...

Guest smaury
@ Luki007 where did you get this build from??

bbs.rombeta.cn / ppcgeeks.com

23601 it's provided by LGE.

The principal branch actually is 23403 (COM4)

The UI branch is 23030 (COM3)

The old branch is 21944 (MD1)

Edited by smaury

Guest Luki007
HI,

I'm still having trouble with customizing my ROM and then building it...

Let me describe what I do and what steps I take so that you can correct me where I'm wrong...

(the tool that I use is i900_EXECutor 2.1)

First I extract the i900DXID1.EXE into a folder created by the EXEcutor

(usually folders name is the same as input file's name...)

I get a folder named i900DXID1 and it contains:

customer.csc, eboot.nb0, pda.bin, phone.bin, report.txt, userdownloader.exe...

Next I extract pda.bin also with EXEcutor and I get folders: OEM, ROM and SYS...

I also disassemble customer.csc...EXEcutor creates a folder Customer_CSC...

(now I delete pda.bin as it is of no use anymore...)

Now I edit the CSCConfig.reg file in Customer.csc folder...and manually remove widgets...

in the actual .reg file I remove everything from:

;----------------------------OnlineWidget----------------------------

till the next

;---------------------------------------------------------------------

then I delete: _widgets.dat, AccuWeather.wgt, CNN.wgt, GoogleSearch.wgt, MoreWidget.wgt,

SamsungOnlineWidget.dll, WidgetInstaller.exe, YahooFinance.wgt, YahooSearch.wgt from the

Customer_CSC folder also...

next in the OEMApps folder I remove all .mp3 ringtones manually except Classic Bell.mp3

(my favorite), all Widget.wav sounds, flash.htm, flashlite.dll, FlashLiteSplash.swf, flashsnddec.dll,

Google.exe, Google.exe.0409.mui, GoogleMaps.exe, Samsung's wallpapers (8 of them)...

Then I make a backup of .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders in a backup folder...

next I delete the entire contents of my SYS folder...and copy in the files from SYS_COMMON folder

that has been ported...after that I delete .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders and copy in the ones I backed

up earlier...next I copy the contents of SYS_0409 ported folder to my SYS folder...

Then I go to the ROM folder and delete XIP directory and romhdr.bin file...copy in the dump.exe from

Tools and XIP_0409.bin...in the command prompt I unpack XIP_0409.bin with dump to get new XIP folder and

romhdr.bin file...then I delete dump.exe and XIP_0409.bin files...next I copy XIP_0409.bin file to my ROM

folder and execute in command prompt the command osnbtool.exe -c os.nb 1 xip_0409.bin...

After some time I get a message: Successfully compressed XIP_0409.bin into os.bn.new...and in my ROM folder

I get a file os.nb.new (roughly 176 MB big)...now I delete the XIP_0409.bin from the ROM folder (as it has

no more use) and proceed to building ROM...

First in EXEcutor I assemble the customer.csc file...it creates CSC_New folder in the Customer_CSC folder...

Now I copy that file over the original customer.csc file in the ROM directory...then I delete the Customer_CSC

folder, os.nb-the original one (as they have no more use)...and rename os.nb.new to os.nb...

Now I have a folder that has everything just like when I started...and it contains:

OEM, ROM, SYS folders, customer.csc, eboot.nb0, OS.nb, phone.bin, report.txt and UserDownloader.exe files...

Then I start EXEcutor to build my ROM...under PDA I select assemble and after a while I get a message:

The target file "temp\dump\si_impl.dll" is a directory, not a file

There it all ends...

I tried to describe everything step by step...so for someone with experience it will be no problem to see

where I went wrong...

You should use new Tools (attached in first post).

si_impl.dll - it is Flash Lite 2.1 file. Delete it!

I get build 23601 from bbs.rombeta.cn.

Guest enrique v
Polish and English XIP WM 6.5 23601 ported to Omnia

Download

Polish base ROM: SAID2

English base ROM: DXID1

I'll port SYS later...

gracias

Edited by enrique v

Guest sector

Please dont start posting again resources from xda :D. We know where post the is!

Just managed to port the 23403 XIP and SYS and managed to cook my first 6.5 ROM.

I would like to thank everyone for all the help they have provided in these forums.

Just thought I'd share my experience so far and the resources that were very useful other than this thread just in case someone else is stuck at the same place. Here goes:

Things to read:

- The first posts in this thread of course by sector and shokka9's tutorial

- da_g's 6.5 thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445. Note that this one is not device specific. This is where you get your 6.5 SYS and XIP files. The 0409 and common folders go into your sys folder straight away. the other files are in the localization links on the same thread. Basically you have to copy all the folders of the type *dpi_96 and *dpi_96_resh_240_resv_400 which correspond to the resolution of the Omnia

- Ameet's tutorial on xip porting at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=438676 read this even if you (like me) are going to use the automated method so that you can understand what is going on.

- And of course the best newbie guide for porting at http://www.samsung-omnia.org/adrynalyne%27...-i910/msg51790/ by Adrenalyne. It is for the i910 but works for the i900 as well.

Of course my apologies if this is a repeat for most people!

Some further points:

XIP Porting:

In the adrenalyne tutorial there is mention of moving lsomaclient.dll from the xip for porting. However, at least for the 23403 that I ported, this was not required and the xipkitchen (link in adrenalyne's post) did the job perfectly. Of course always have a look at the maps.txt file for errorrs (check for !!!!!! instead of addresses)

SYS Porting:

Also in adrenalyne's tutorial was the last piece of the puzzle related to recmodding. Basically I was stuck for the longest time with non booting roms because i needed to recmod the Browsing, Browsingie, and adobe folder modules (alongwith their corresponding lang folders). Note that similar to maps.txt you should look at the last line of wmreloclog.txt which would say "no memory" if the SYS is too big.

Would appreciate it if experts reading the above can point out any mistakes.

I also have a question: How does anyone find out that the "browsing" folder needs to be recmodded? I was stuck here because I thought that if the wmreloclog.txt is ok then the SYS port is ok. My guess is that there is a maximum number of modules that can be put in the imgfs and the rest need to go as files but that still doesn't answer the question of why the "browsing" folder was recmodded and not the SQM folder for instance?

Thanks,

Zeeshan

Some more tips for people trying this for the first time:

1. Take a ported xip and sys pair say for the 21815 provided by Sector on the first page. Now take a donor sys for 21815 from da_g's thread (use the older thread see sector's post for the link) and try porting just the SYS. You can do the same thing with the xip. In this way there is only one unknown and you are not left wondering (like me) if it is your xip or SYS that is bad!

2. Look at the batch files extractrom and buildrom and try to understand the commands. Sometimes you can save some time by not redoing certain steps if you know which step caused the error. You should at least understand the following commands do to get anywhere with the tools provided here:

osnbtool.exe, recmod.exe, g'reloc (or rather wmreloc), dump (for dumping the xip), the graphical xipport tool (try and see what happens when you press each button).

3. First get your kitchen to cook at least one working 6.1 ROM before you head to 6.5. Note that the folders SYS, OEM, ROM etc. can be reused and you need only delete the temp folder in the kitchen root as well as the files created by the last run to start afresh (sort the folder by date to get an idea of the files that are created in the root folder when you cook). Again understanding the commands would help here.

Ok I am done here. Now I need to go back to my kitchen and try and figure out how to remove all the errors that I am getting on my phone :D

Again please let me know if I have made a mistake here.

Thanks,

Zeeshan

Guest mario.omnia

Hi everyone,

what do you normally remove from the official ROM before making it a 6.5 ROM...

just want to know...so that I don't leave any faulty apps behind that might make

my cooking unsuccessful...and very stressful...

and what about .NET and Flash...which versions do I cook in??

Guest marco.minetti

Hi all, anyone having troubles with Bluetooth? I've cooked a custom ROM (23017) with OEMDrivers from DXID1 and a "reduced" OEMApps package but the bluetooth does not turn on... :D

I've tried also to keep all the modules related to irda and bluetooth stack (MS from SYS and Samsung from OEM) from a working ROM (dddrko 23017), but no success (thanks smaury for your tip).

I've finally tried with build 23034 and nothing change...

When tap on the bluetooth the waiting animation starts, the led comes blue for a while and nothing happens...

Can someone help me?

Is there any registry entry (device name or something else)?

Thanks all,

Marco

PS: I'm using 0410 mui...

Guest Ste-V-illage

fast! thanks a lot smaury. what is the difference between default_XIP and DXID1_XIP??

btw, is there anyway to make apps leave some space for the new bottom bar? i can only move the position of the keyboard a little up by reg tweak (touchpal in this case).

Edited by Ste-V-illage

Guest smaury
Oh my God...

I try to cookie my rom 1000000 times... but I DONT FOUND THE \METADATA FOLDER...

What I doing wrong?!?

Check your DXID1 SYS folder, Metadata folder is there!

Take it and replace the one in WM 6.5 SYS folder!