Windows Mobile 6.5 Kitchen

Guest sector

Guest DominikZ

Damn it sector you're fast <_<

I haven't even managed to get the 21275 working and you're releasing a the new SYS and XIP.. Flashing at the moment to your R1.. I hope I can get one day a German ROM working..

Thanks anyway!

Guest Anexia

Super, I finally 21728 French version that works with files of DPI & LANG Tedgy.

It remains for me to test it in all directions for cooking as I wished.

Guest DominikZ

Hi!

Today there was released a new German ROM. So I tried to extract the ROM, but I will constantly say that the system can't find the files?

Thanks for your help!

Guest pepech
Hi!

Today there was released a new German ROM. So I tried to extract the ROM, but I will constantly say that the system can't find the files?

Thanks for your help!

What is the whole size for your download ( about 250 Mb ? ) ?

try to extract the updater with winzip or winrar ; once done , proceed as usually

Edited by pepech

Guest DominikZ
try to extract the updater with winzip or winrar ; once done , proceed as usually

I already extracted it before.

Afterwards I had a folder with:BHIC2.exe (277MB); DriverLanguageMap.xml and SetupXP.bat

The original file was about 221MB

post-438564-1244031241_thumb.jpg

Edited by DominikZ

Guest pepech
I already extracted it before.

Afterwards I had a folder with:BHIC2.exe (277MB); DriverLanguageMap.xml and SetupXP.bat

The original file was about 221MB

this is probably an archive which contains the classic updater with a second csc ; did use pako i900 executor ?

Guest DominikZ
this is probably an archive which contains the classic updater with a second csc ; did use pako i900 executor ?

=) That solved the problem...

Thanks.... I now I try to get my Win 6.5 working <_<

BTW: what shall I do with the second csc? I've on customer csc about 10MB and one 126. MB?

Edited by DominikZ

Guest pepech
=) That solved the problem...

Thanks.... I now I try to get my Win 6.5 working <_<

BTW: what shall I do with the second csc? I've on customer csc about 10MB and one 126. MB?

Don' t worry with the second one , delete it ( it usually contains some videos , or games : extract what you want from the second csc to put it , after flashing , manually on My Storage )

Guest DominikZ
Don' t worry with the second one , delete it ( it usually contains some videos , or games : extract what you want from the second csc to put it , after flashing , manually on My Storage )

Thanks..

I posted this in another thread too, but I think nobody will answer me there <_<:

It may sound stupid, but how do I extract the xip.bin?

Trying now for the fourth or fifth time to build a german 6.5 ROM, but i guess I have to port my own xip.bin.

And by the way: Today was released a new German ROM, I extracted it in the meantime, but now I get two customer.csc's. I know that I don't need the second one for 6.5 but what if I want to create the whole original ROM, just without the version check. How to I assemble these two files?

Thanks a lot

Guest DominikZ
give me a link here with the german xip.bin i will try to port it for you.

but in blind ofc <_<

How can I extract the xip.bin?? :)

And what about the two customer.csc's? How can I assemble them?

Thanks for your try =)

Edited by DominikZ

Guest pepech
Thanks..

I posted this in another thread too, but I think nobody will answer me there <_< :

It may sound stupid, but how do I extract the xip.bin?

Trying now for the fourth or fifth time to build a german 6.5 ROM, but i guess I have to port my own xip.bin.

And by the way: Today was released a new German ROM, I extracted it in the meantime, but now I get two customer.csc's. I know that I don't need the second one for 6.5 but what if I want to create the whole original ROM, just without the version check. How to I assemble these two files?

Thanks a lot

To extract the xip.bin from the german rom , open shell.cmd and write

osnbtool.exe -d os.nb 1 xip.bin

This way you extract the stock xip.bin that you have to port ; if you want to do your own xip porting , follow this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=438676

the only files in your xip which may be different from the one provided by Sector are : Wince.nls and LangDB .dsm files

you will need to be patient ( many trials and errors ) , an hexadecimal calculator , some free time , and coffee , coffee , coffee :)

Edited by pepech

Guest cartman_77
  1. Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the SYS folder to a temp folder. Copy in the new WM6.5 SYS, and delete .VM, .ROM, \metadata and replace with the ones from the temp folder.

how to do this step by step. I do not understand <_< Please help.

Guest Anexia
how to do this step by step. I do not understand :) Please help.

Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the old SYS folder (wm6.1) to a temp folder.

Replace the old SYS folder (wm6.1) with the new SYS folder (wm6.5)

Replace the .VM, .ROM, \metadata from the new SYS folder (wm6.5) with .VM, .ROM and \metadata from the temp folder (wm6.1).

Sorry for my english <_<

Edited by Anexia

Guest DominikZ

Thank you =).Thank you..Thank you. You guys are really awesome. I'll give it later a try. Maybe I can get it to work.

Now it's only the two customer.css resting. Any idea how to solve that?

Anyway: here is my xip.bin. You have to rename it to xip.bin

Guest sector
Thank you =).Thank you..Thank you. You guys are really awesome. I'll give it later a try. Maybe I can get it to work.

Now it's only the two customer.css resting. Any idea how to solve that?

Anyway: here is my xip.bin. You have to rename it to xip.bin

here you are.

i believe it will work good.

xip_german.rar

Guest DominikZ
here you are.

i believe it will work good.

WOW!!!! NOW THAT WAS FAST!! MAN YOU REALLY ASTONISH ME!! <_< :) B)

If you now can tell me too what I need to do to assemble my two customer.csc's I'm really happy =)

Edited by DominikZ

Guest sector
WOW!!!! NOW THAT WAS FAST!! MAN YOU REALLY ASTONISH ME!! <_< :) B)

If you now can tell me too what I need to do to assemble my two customer.csc's I'm really happy =)

first of all dont use the 2nd customer.csc as it is waste of space. includes movie trailers + 1 game which u can find it in cab.

you can use pakko's tool to extract customer.csc if u want to modify and remove, and then assemble it back.

read shokka's tutorial how to do that.

Guest cartman_77
Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the old SYS folder (wm6.1) to a temp folder.

Replace the old SYS folder (wm6.1) with the new SYS folder (wm6.5)

Replace the .VM, .ROM, \metadata from the new SYS folder (wm6.5) with .VM, .ROM and \metadata from the temp folder (wm6.1).

Sorry for my english <_<

thx I try

Guest DominikZ

Ya I can't use Pakko's tool for the second csc. Will get some kind of error. <_<

Edited by DominikZ

Guest DominikZ

Finally!!! I think it's nearly working!

There must be something wrong with the xip.bin though.

Now it really starts and shows the Samsung logo. But afterwards the screen will darken and you can barely see something running over the screen, like its booting a lot of files. Maybe there's something wrong with the registry too, as I made this ROM very quickly to test whether it works with the new xip.bin or not!

Maybe you can take another look at the xip.bin sector? Would be very nice!

Thanks!

Edited by DominikZ

Guest DominikZ
comming soon :

SYS and ROM folder without MUI

OS.NB patched 21728 and correct EBOOT.BIN

for translate in same language <_<

What do you mean with correct EBOOT.BIN? Do we have to make changes in eboot.bin?