WINMO 6.5 Lock Screen without password entry

Guest POMF

Guest POMF

Just wondering if anyone knows how to use the new slide unlock without having to enter your password after sliding. I keep my omnia in my pocket so when i'm finished using it I lock it. I set the phone lock to come on only after two hours without activity (at this point I've probably lost my phone or had it stolen). I love the new slider, but the password entry is getting a little annoying. Any ideas?

Guest blazingwolf

Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons/Wake up tab (you need to scroll to the right to see this tab). Check "When device is woken up, lock device). You can also change what buttons wake the phone up so only the power button will wake it.

Guest POMF
Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons/Wake up tab (you need to scroll to the right to see this tab). Check "When device is woken up, lock device). You can also change what buttons wake the phone up so only the power button will wake it.

Thanks, but I'm aware of those settings. That's not what I'm looking for. I want the device to lock (screen) whenever it is woken up, but I don't want to have to input my password. With 6.1 I'd use the end key to lock it and to wake it, then I'd just have to hit the unlock keys.

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks, but I'm aware of those settings. That's not what I'm looking for. I want the device to lock (screen) whenever it is woken up, but I don't want to have to input my password. With 6.1 I'd use the end key to lock it and to wake it, then I'd just have to hit the unlock keys.

And that is how you do it. Honestly. The last part was a little extra info. If you put the check mark in the box your device will be lock when you turn it on. <_<

Guest POMF
And that is how you do it. Honestly. The last part was a little extra info. If you put the check mark in the box your device will be lock when you turn it on. <_<

Perhaps I'm not being clear. I DON'T want to have to enter my password to unlock the screen lock.

On 6.1 I would hold the end key and pop it into my pocket. Later on, when i pulled it back out i would press the end key (I had set the front buttons as the unlock keys) and I would have to tap the two points on the touch screen to unlock it (NO password entry, unless it had been longer than specified period of time).

With 6.5 I have to slide the lock then enter my password before I can get to my today screen.

Guest blazingwolf
Perhaps I'm not being clear. I DON'T want to have to enter my password to unlock the screen lock.

On 6.1 I would hold the end key and pop it into my pocket. Later on, when i pulled it back out i would press the end key (I had set the front buttons as the unlock keys) and I would have to tap the two points on the touch screen to unlock it (NO password entry, unless it had been longer than specified period of time).

With 6.5 I have to slide the lock then enter my password before I can get to my today screen.

OK, this is the last time I will try to convince you. I DO NOT use a password and my phone is locked every time I turn it on. Now if you set up a password then disable that function and do what I have said.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest POMF
Blazingwolf is a genius. Listen to him. Also, Start>Settings>Lock and make sure that box is not checked.

Nevermind, you guys just aren't listening/understanding my issue. I WANT the password function after my specified amount of time. I DON'T want to have to enter said password every time the screen locks. I am not able to do this with the settings you have reffered to. This was not an issue with 6.1, but apparently is not possible with 6.5 (it could also be a setting with wozzer's rom).

Guest myoder020

I have it set up to ask me for my pw after two hours but it doesn't seem to work anymore in wozzers latest releases. It worked on versions before .04.

Guest POMF
google csdevctrl. it's exactly what you're looking for

Thank's a lot. I'm a little irritated that I might need to install an app for a feature that was standard on 6.1, but I'll check it out nonetheless.

• 1 year later...