The Official HTC Touch Pro2 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest linear2202

I'm wondering if there are any hardware controls now for the music player in the TF3d2? I have a TP, and actually use the music player. The Dpad helps out when switching songs back and forth. Any such hardware controls for this in the TP2?

Thanks

Guest mwright

Just come off the phone with Orange Upgrades.

The CS rep. said that the Touch Diamond2 has been released on Business and the Touch Pro2 should be soon. Unfortunately I am on consumer tarrifs!

So - I can try and get one of them through a dealer.

But which one?

As far as I can tell the only major difference is the screen size (TD2 3.2 vs TP2 3.6) and the fact that the TP2 has a keyboard.

Is that a fair summary?

Cheers

Edited by mwright

Guest emyllis

Similar to other queries, My contract TNTY2 (Kaiser) runs out next Friday, and I'd love to get a Touch Pro 2, but T-mobile don't seem keen on stocking it - or when I spoke to them they didn't have info about it, and said it wouldn't be available for a few months :D

Does anyone know otherwise please?

Guest BarCellarOwner

Got my Touch Pro2 5 days ago to replace my TyTN II. Thought my TyTN II was great, but finding the Pro2 so much better. Having all emails or SMS to and from each contact in 1 list within contacts (like you'd get with MSN messenger, etc) is a stroke of genius.

TomTom 7's working well thanks to Stunno's tip.

Just wish I could find a way to get Sky Anytime on Mobile to work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mortenandersen

Paul, I have learned to value the Calendar of the S80 platform, and also the Kaiser had a nice and very useful week view. I have not found this view in the Calendar application of Touch Pro2 - just Month view and Day view. Is the Week view (busy view) hidden somewhere, or is it omitted? If omitted, do you know of some 3rd party calendar software that covers this need? SBSH has something along the way, but not quite...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Singing Dwarf

Could I ask a query about the time before the phone rings for an incoming call please?

I have a HTC TyTN, but have been surprised about how long it takes for the phone to ring on an incoming call. The caller can experience three or even four rins before the Phone application has laucnhed and the ringer on the phone starts ringing. By the time I have the phone out of my pocket and answered, the caller has hung up!

Could you give an indication Paul please, as to how long it takes from the call being initiated for the phone to ring?

Guest John Lees

I have just been told by Orange CS that they have discontinued the Touch Pro 2. He says that officially they only got 50 in stock then stopped selling the next day.

Anyone have any ideas as to why they have done this??

Also any ideas on how i can get an upgrade now

• 2 weeks later...
Guest concise
I have just been told by Orange CS that they have discontinued the Touch Pro 2. He says that officially they only got 50 in stock then stopped selling the next day.

Anyone have any ideas as to why they have done this??

Also any ideas on how i can get an upgrade now

:D

Was that from regular upgrades? Or retentions? I'm still getting the "we no nuffink" response from retentions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.