Got an unlocked BlackJack II - no service on Tmobile?

Guest sandblast

Guest sandblast

Hi,

I got an unlocked BlackJack II from ebay. I have a TMobile (US) contract. I switched the SIM card over, restarted the phone. The phone doesn't find the network. I also tried "Find a network".

I was on the phone with TMobile II support for over an hour. They were very helpful - but we didn't get the phone to work.

When searching for network I'm getting errors like "SIM card could not be opened" or "the settings could not be saved". The Tech suggested that the phone is broken.

What could be going on?

Edited by sandblast

• 1 month later...
Guest ivprodigy
Hi,

I got an unlocked BlackJack II from ebay. I have a TMobile (US) contract. I switched the SIM card over, restarted the phone. The phone doesn't find the network. I also tried "Find a network".

I was on the phone with TMobile II support for over an hour. They were very helpful - but we didn't get the phone to work.

When searching for network I'm getting errors like "SIM card could not be opened" or "the settings could not be saved". The Tech suggested that the phone is broken.

What could be going on?

Hi, I have a similar problem with my blackjack.

I do get connected sometimes but it doesn't last. After talking to the folks at T-Mobile i was told that because it's a ATT phone, the sim had a difficult time connecting to the t-mobile network as it was not recognized. She suggested that I place my sim inside a t-mo phone and connect. After a connection has been established, I could then put the sim back into my blackjack.

That worked, but i'm sure it's temporary.

Did you have any luck with your issue?