• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Windows 7 (Classic/Basic/Premium) theme for WM6.5

79 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just to be clear... THIS THEMES ONLY WORK ON WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 (last theme update is for WM6.5 build 23409!)

I'm currently working on a new WM6.5 theme, lemme know what you think...

It's based on Windows Se7en upcoming OS.

step 1: Install the "SdkCerts.cab" file if you haven't already done this for another program.

step 2: Install the "W7_Basic_WQVGA_v2.cab" and/or "W7_Premium_WQVGA_v2.cab" file.

step 3: Go to your today settings and select the "W7_basic" or "W7_Premium" theme and enjoy...

If all works well the theme should look like this... Well except for the start button and close button... but I recommend using the iconset nikos_BT_wm_6.5_new_UI_3_taskbar_M5vert.cab (by nikosxri) for this...

**UPATED ON 29-07-2009: I've figured it out and the themes are working fine now, simply install, select the theme and enjoy the ride!!! :D

**BY using this patch (by Lisbian08!) you can take out the START text itself (like the original Vista and Windows 7) next to the Windows Orb. Just uncompress the content of the zip file (with total commander) and place it into the WINDOWS folder... Make sure to make a backup of the original DLL file first!

The cab file itself can be uninstalled ofcourse...

W7_Basic_WQVGA_v2.cabW7_Premium_WQVGA_v2.cab

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATED ON 30-07-2009: Version 2.1 contains blue color corrections (tnx to Blazingwolf) so just reinstall the theme. If the themes don't showup correctly try switching between themes, I had this issue also and by switching from a flat theme to mine fixed it... I think it's a buffer problem somehow but the theme itself is just fine...

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37186index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37187

W7_Basic_WQVGA_v2.1.cabW7_Premium_WQVGA_v2.1.cab

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATED ON 26-08-2009: I'm back from vacation and i've got a new Omnia (old one was broken, a problem with the connection socket), so now I could work on my theme again... Well anywayz the new Windows 7 Premium theme (v2.2) is for Windows Mobile 6.5 build 23034, see below... If the theme doesn't work straight away make sure you select a flat theme before and then mine... Special thanks go to blazingwolf for making the grey disappear... (Newer theme features are the lower button backgrounds and start/close button image within the theme). Just see the pics below ;) .

So what will be in the next WM6.5 build? A close button which is back on the upper right corner again and a clock down right like on our desktops, that would make things just perfect for this theme...

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37095index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37092

W7_Premium_WQVGA_v2.2__Build23034_.cab

fav.gif**UPDATED ON 27-08-2009: Just made Windows 7 Basic if anyone wants, see the pics/attachment below.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37138index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37139index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37140index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37201

W7_Basic_WQVGA_v2.2__Build23034_.cab

**UPDATED ON 30-08-2009:

On request now with newer Windows 7 background and Windows 7 Classic

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37356index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37355index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37357

W7_Basic_WQVGA_v2.25__Build23034_.cabW7_Premium_WQVGA_v2.25__Build23034_.cabW7_Classic_WQVGA_v2.2__Build23034_.cab

**UPDATED ON 06-09-2009:

Just released v3 now for the new build 23409. Theming changed again in this build so had to take some icons out.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37789index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37790index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37791

W7_Premium_WQVGA_v3_Build_23409_.cab

-----------------------------------------------

**UPDATED ON 16-09-2009:

Just updated Windows 7 Premium for build 23049 (and fixed some minor bugs):

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=38488index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=38489index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=38490

W7_Premium_WQVGA_Build_23049.cab

-----------------------------------------------

Same as the previous pictures but now I've made Windows 7 Basic compatible (and fixed some minor bugs) with build 23049.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=38501index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=38502index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=38505

W7_Basic_WQVGA_Build23049.cab

Edited by jeffrey2000

Posted (edited)

Works Jeffrey, very nice, we are waiting for more anxiously!

post-457335-1245491632_thumb.jpg

You must fix as you see the font color of the selected items rest seem ok.

Edited by nikosxri

Posted (edited)

Works Jeffrey, very nice, we are waiting for more anxiously!

You must fix as you see the font color of the selected items rest seem ok.

Fixed in v2.1, is this any better? screenshots are welcome... :D if it's better I'll remove the older one...

Edited by jeffrey2000

Posted

Fixed in v2.1, is this any better? screenshots are welcome... :D if it's better I'll remove the older one...

Is fine now, check the bottom left <up> font collor

post-457335-1245495804_thumb.jpg

Posted

Scrollbar is very nice.

I would like to see a darkblue version also!

Keep up good work.

Posted

Scrollbar is very nice.

I would like to see a darkblue version also!

Keep up good work.

Good idea but i was already making one... see the first post again, it includes a Windows 7 Premium theme now...

Posted

Good idea but i was already making one... see the first post again, it includes a Windows 7 Premium theme now...

Thats your premium.

post-457335-1245498946_thumb.jpg

I vote for darkblue up and bottom bars with no degradation and also blue scrollbar wm 6.5 (like the one you have in the basic version but with darker color).

Posted (edited)

Thats your premium.

I vote for darkblue up and bottom bars with no degradation and also blue scrollbar wm 6.5 (like the one you have in the basic version but with darker color).

No it's not one :D , made some mistakes and published it too fast ;)

See v2.3, it should look like this...

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=33862

Edited by jeffrey2000

Posted

No it's not one :D , made some mistakes and published it too fast ;)

See v2.3, it should look like this...

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=33862

This is what i got now

post-457335-1245500208_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

This is what i got now

remove older cab files \ redownload \ select a different theme, uninstall my old ones \ reboot and download\reinstall v2.3 and check again? All the files seems to ok here, you get this pic on the basic or premium version?

Edited by jeffrey2000

Posted

remove older cab files \ redownload \ select a different theme, uninstall my old ones \ reboot and download\reinstall v2.3 and check again? All the files seems to ok here, you get this pic on the basic or premium version?

Thats what i get from your premium 2.3 when i did the process you said and changed to your theme from pure black2 that i had after rebooting

post-457335-1245501994_thumb.jpg

Posted

when i changed to your premium 2.3 from another simpleblue qvga theme nothing changed except from scrollbar that was the old wm 6.1 blue.

Something goes wrong, check it again.

Posted

I'll change the Windows 7 premium later on what about the basic one, does that work fine?

Posted

The 2nd basic that you send me was ok.

It was after the correction of font color of the selected items

Posted

I'm sorry and to clarify.

I do not have a HTC Touch but an OMNIA i910.

Thanks,

Norm883

post-546323-1245518397_thumb.jpg

Posted

I just tried 2.3 basic and premium and neither of them work. I get the default background and the funky blue task and tray bar. I also get 6.1 menus. :D

Tried on my 6.5 ROM.

Posted (edited)

version 2.4 released check the main post...

I've seen several W7 backgrounds...

Which background do you want for W7 Basic?

[ ] default

[ ] fish

[ ] blue/green abstract (see also my v1 release)

[ ] other... specify

Which background do you want for W7 Premium?

[ ] default

[ ] fish

[ ] blue/green abstract (see also my v1 release)

[ ] other... specify

Edited by jeffrey2000

Posted

I just tried 2.4 basic and premium and neither of them work. I get the default background and the funky blue task and tray bar. I also get 6.1 menus. ;)

Tried on my 6.5 ROM.

:D

Posted

Would love to try this once the bugs are worked out... keep up the good work!

Posted

I think a black vista will be better

Posted

Yes, I am using v. 2.4 and am getting 6.1 menus as well. And both the Premium and Basic look the exact same.

Posted

I think a black vista will be better

Well it's not vista but Windows seven :D

**closed for further testing, development will start again when I have my own Omnia back from repair... it's difficult to test things without a phone ;)

in the mean time offcourse you can still vote for your own background or taskbar color/picture.

Posted

sooo. where are the files to install and vote ? :D

Posted

sooo. where are the files to install and vote ? ;)

Ok for you, see the top post :D