HTC Touch Pro2 availability roundup

Guest PaulOBrien

pro2views.png
Are you looking to buy a HTC Touch Pro2? Here's a round up of where you can grab it from both on a contract and SIM free! :D

Operators Direct

Orange - now listed on business site, call for general availability.
Vodafone - Now listen on business site, call for general availability

Contracts via 3rd party

T-Mobile via eXpansys - From FREE depending on tariff, don't forget our discount vouchers to discount price otherwise
Orange via Phones4u - FREE on all tariffs, from £35 p/m (18 month contract)
T-Mobile or Vodafone via MobilePhonesDirect - from FREE depending on tariff

SIM free

Play - £489.99 inc VAT and delivery
Handtec - £490.98 inc VAT and delivery
eXpansys - £496.60 inc VAT and delivery (after £10 discount voucher)
Devicewire - £496.64 inc VAT and delivery

Found any better deals? Share below! ;)

P

PS Don't forget your chance to win a Touch Pro2, courtesy of eXpansys!

Guest greenturtle

Orange are still in testing however, and aren't actually releasing them to anyone apparently. After a long conversation with Orange retention's yesterday they still didn't have a release date, despite it being on the website.

Although I was trying to explain to the woman that it made no sense putting it on the website and then testing it, because they might reject the phone. Very peculiar..

Guest Metoo

Just a cautionary note regarding Play - they are Jersey based so not covered by UK (or even EU) consumer legislation.

Therefore you don't get the protection you would get from a UK retailer under the Sales of Goods Act and EU "up to 6 year" warranty provisions.

With Play, if an item goes faulty after 28 days they will just direct you to the manufacturer and wash their hands of the entire matter.

Not so much of an issue for bargain basement DVDs and the like, but for expensive electronics, I would say that's far too high a risk to take just to save a couple of quid.

Edited by Metoo

Guest sicone
So it's official? The Touch Pro 2 is not coming to T-Mobile UK?

Just spoke to T-Mobile and the lady said that it is still coming out but not til July. She also said she didn't know why others were telling people it had been cancelled.

Still, I wouldn't take that as official.

Guest itsnotmeeee
Just spoke to T-Mobile and the lady said that it is still coming out but not til July. She also said she didn't know why others were telling people it had been cancelled.

Still, I wouldn't take that as official.

Devicewire just dropped their prices.

Now £484.44 inc Vat & Delivery

Guest Loconinja

T-Mobile are a bit rubbish. I phoned several times inquiring about the Touch Pro 2 and received a different reply every time. I have given up and PAC'ed to Vodafone.

If they gave their agents up-to-date information, my call could have gone like this:

Me: "When is the Vario V going to be available please?"

T-Mob: "We have decided not to carry the Vario V, but we are getting the G1 Touch on 3rd July."

Me: "Wow, I'll have one of those then!"

Sorry T-Mobile, too little, too late.

Guest emyllis
T-Mobile are a bit rubbish. I phoned several times inquiring about the Touch Pro 2 and received a different reply every time. I have given up and PAC'ed to Vodafone.

If they gave their agents up-to-date information, my call could have gone like this:

Me: "When is the Vario V going to be available please?"

T-Mob: "We have decided not to carry the Vario V, but we are getting the G1 Touch on 3rd July."

Me: "Wow, I'll have one of those then!"

Sorry T-Mobile, too little, too late.

So then, I rang up Vodafone today and was offered it on a Business Deal, no questions asked... I'm just waiting to see if it's "legal" for a non business customer to have a business contract or if i'll run into problems regarding tax etc. But otherwise I hope to have my phone with me asap ;)

Guest wheresalan

I've jumped ship, from T-Mobile to Vodafone Business - I'm a self employed contractor. Phone is Free, £30 Monthly plan, 3 months line rental free (on 24 month contract) and Quidco £100 cashback offer. Awesome. Just waiting for delivery now...

See ya T-Mobile... ;)

Al

Guest Rob.P

Anyone tried an upgrade through Mobilephonesdirect? Was wondering what sort of price you get quoted, I want to stick with T-Mobile for the time being, not too keen on Vodafone (although might end up being Voda if they buy T-Mob UK).

Guest concise

Spoke to Orange retentions again today. The nice lady said that they (in the "domestic" team) no longer have access to the business handsets - as used to be the case. She knew of no plans for the TP2 to be released via Orange to the domestic market. She then asked if I'd like a business plan... but I'm not a business? Strange. She also suggested that I might have better luck in store... but then of course I wouldn't be able to bargain with all my hard earned Band 5 loyalty points... oh what to do.

Edited by concise

• 4 weeks later...
Guest concise
Spoke to Orange retentions again today. The nice lady said that they (in the "domestic" team) no longer have access to the business handsets - as used to be the case. She knew of no plans for the TP2 to be released via Orange to the domestic market. She then asked if I'd like a business plan... but I'm not a business? Strange. She also suggested that I might have better luck in store... but then of course I wouldn't be able to bargain with all my hard earned Band 5 loyalty points... oh what to do.

Another call to retentions today... and there is word of release to domestic customers! An estimate of a couple of weeks... I hope I'm not getting teased. Will supposedly text me when they are available.

UPDATE: looks like a few people over at coolsmartphone have garnered some more info...

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14293

in summary... bye bye Orange!

Edited by concise

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.