Touch Pro 2 - Youtube App??

Guest h0wz3r

Guest h0wz3r

I received my Touch Pro 2 from Vodafone last week and aside from the garish theme colours for the TouchFLO, I've noticed that Vodafone haven't included the fantastic Youtube App.

Having tried the latest version of the app I could find, it worked but screwed up the Media Player in the process meaning I could no longer play MP4 or 3GP files from the HTC Album. Only way I could sort this out was to do a hard reset.

So far I can only get Youtube to work from the web, the quality of which is shocking, or from CorePlayer which is equally as bad.

Does anyone know where I can get the Youtube CAB that's specifically written for the Touch Pro 2? The rest I can wait until a decent ROM is written then I'll unlock and flash the phone but Youtube I can't live without!

• 3 months later...

Across the Pond the App is buried in the WINDOWS directory. Try taking a look there using a File Manager. If you see something named "Youtube" click on it. If you have the App there, then select it, COPY it, and navigate up into the WINDOWS/START MENU/PROGRAMS folder and paste a link to it there. Once it's in there, you should turn your phone off and on, and look for "YouTube" in the list of Programs on the phone.

Hopefully it is buried ther int eh WIndows directory. I reproted this same set of circumstances here at MoDaCo for the Fuze (AT&T version of the Touch Pro), and danged if they haven't done it again!

Hope this helps!

MadSci

I received my Touch Pro 2 from Vodafone last week and aside from the garish theme colours for the TouchFLO, I've noticed that Vodafone haven't included the fantastic Youtube App.

Having tried the latest version of the app I could find, it worked but screwed up the Media Player in the process meaning I could no longer play MP4 or 3GP files from the HTC Album. Only way I could sort this out was to do a hard reset.

So far I can only get Youtube to work from the web, the quality of which is shocking, or from CorePlayer which is equally as bad.

Does anyone know where I can get the Youtube CAB that's specifically written for the Touch Pro 2? The rest I can wait until a decent ROM is written then I'll unlock and flash the phone but Youtube I can't live without!