Possible to SIM unlock?

Guest jamjamjam

Guest jamjamjam

Hi again

I really want one of these, but in the UK they are exclusive to Orange. Unfortunatley Orange's internet packages do not meet my needs so I will not go with them!

This means I have to get one of Ebay (when they appear???) and get it unlocked.

So, I was wondering if anyone had a Turbo SIM or similar to test to see if it unlocks the phone? I would be very grateful! Or if somebody knows if I could get this unlocked somewhere?

Cheers

Guest ZenithUK
Paul,

I just tried one of these X-Sims in my Tosh TG01 and it works! ;)

That's good!

However, can you still get a stable 3G or H internet connection? I found that dual-sim adapters and anything that sits between the SIM and the phone seem to break high speed internet connections.

Guest David Strange
UnlockSearch does not give you an unlock code!

My trigger happiness just cost me £3.99, oops! ;)

P

Sorry about that Paul, it was just one of the sites that came up when I was searching for TG01 unlock services.

I'd be good if the turbosim works and can maintain a 3/3.5G connection.

David..

Guest wibberly

P

With any luck you used the PayPal method of payment. Worth lodging a complaint with them. I got a refund from unlockdata.co.uk using the complaint method through PayPal.

Even google finishes the unlocksearch with scam at the end

Guest Garfy Squirrell

P

I did the same, however I registered a dispute with paypal and got refunded the same day. Clearly these scammers are making enough to refund without arguement should anyone request it

Guest justj
Paul,

I just tried one of these X-Sims in my Tosh TG01 and it works! :)

I bought one of these x-sims from the above link, but unfortunately it's not working for me.

It does connect to my vodafone sim but maybe for the first 5-10 seconds and then it went.

It won't work on t-mobile sim, have to follow the instruction and change the code to 0002, but the connection is even worse then that of vodafone sim.

I contact Orange yesterday ask for an unlock code and was told that I have to register my phone with Orange for at least 3 months and then Orange will provide you with a sim unlock code for £20

Guest justj

and don't buy rebel sim 2 either. on their website states that the rebel sim 2 can unlock toshiba tg01, so I write an email to ask, and their sales person reply promptly and says " YES" it is the safest way to unlock the tg01.

I sell out £15 and bought it ,and guess what, IT DOESN'T WORK.

Guest Phantom Plague
and don't buy rebel sim 2 either. on their website states that the rebel sim 2 can unlock toshiba tg01, so I write an email to ask, and their sales person reply promptly and says " YES" it is the safest way to unlock the tg01.

I sell out £15 and bought it ,and guess what, IT DOESN'T WORK.

I'm thinking of getting the TG01 later today as an upgrade on my Orange plan. I also have some of the Rebel Sim 2 cards lying around, I'll take a look and see if it works, it probably will but maybe not in the default mode. I know my TyTn II needed to be in mode 5, and I unlocked a blackberry in mode 7, not all phones like the default automode. If I get the phone and I can get Rebel to work, I'll tell you how it's done.

TBH I have only seen a couple of phones the rebel 2 didn't work with, although I have yet to get my hands on the TG01 to even see what the handset's like...

Guest justj
I'm thinking of getting the TG01 later today as an upgrade on my Orange plan. I also have some of the Rebel Sim 2 cards lying around, I'll take a look and see if it works, it probably will but maybe not in the default mode. I know my TyTn II needed to be in mode 5, and I unlocked a blackberry in mode 7, not all phones like the default automode. If I get the phone and I can get Rebel to work, I'll tell you how it's done.

TBH I have only seen a couple of phones the rebel 2 didn't work with, although I have yet to get my hands on the TG01 to even see what the handset's like...

I tried all 12 mode and had no luck with any of them.

The original mode and mode 9, 12 did pick up some signal but only for a short period of time and then all went dead again.

In mode 9 I even manage to make 2 phone calls but that's about it. After restart the phone, no signal again.

As for x-sim. The original mode just like rebel sim worked for a short period of time, less then 30 mins as I remember so is code 0002.

Using code 0031 and 0063 you got the full signal but you cannot make any phone call, the system freeze if you try to bring the dial pad up.

But I did get full refund from the rebel sim company tho.

Guest gpx70
I tried all 12 mode and had no luck with any of them.

The original mode and mode 9, 12 did pick up some signal but only for a short period of time and then all went dead again.

In mode 9 I even manage to make 2 phone calls but that's about it. After restart the phone, no signal again.

As for x-sim. The original mode just like rebel sim worked for a short period of time, less then 30 mins as I remember so is code 0002.

Using code 0031 and 0063 you got the full signal but you cannot make any phone call, the system freeze if you try to bring the dial pad up.

But I did get full refund from the rebel sim company tho.

Did you try the universal turbo sim no need to cut 2009. This one is the newest and maybe it can unlock the toshiba TG01.

Guest i900french-addict

I've tried an unlock Sim card (one you h ave to cut your SIM to fit it), it did not say it was locked, but it sais "NO SIM"

lol

BUT I've bought a code from http://www.deblocage-enligne.com, it was less than 20 euros (you just need to give your IMEI, you can pay with credit card or paypal, I used the last so that I could have my money back if the failed)

They sent me the code by email in less than 24 hours and this code worked perfectly and immediatly!

=> the TG01 is unlockable by code, not for free (I've searched a lot for this, without success), but for less than 20 euros (to be compared to the 75 euros Orange asks to do so....and you wait about 7 days before they give the code looool)

Guest justj
I've tried an unlock Sim card (one you h ave to cut your SIM to fit it), it did not say it was locked, but it sais "NO SIM"

lol

BUT I've bought a code from , it was less than 20 euros (you just need to give your IMEI, you can pay with credit card or paypal, I used the last so that I could have my money back if the failed)

They sent me the code by email in less than 24 hours and this code worked perfectly and immediatly!

=> the TG01 is unlockable by code, not for free (I've searched a lot for this, without success), but for less than 20 euros (to be compared to the 75 euros Orange asks to do so....and you wait about 7 days before they give the code looool)

Are you saying the unlocking code provided by http://www.deblocage-enligne.com work for TG01???

Guest i900french-addict

Yes, it works!!!

But I suppose it's related to individual IMEI (or I don't see the reason they ask for it) so there's one different code for each TG01

EDIT: I went to this unlocking website because a Belgium guy on another forum said it worked for him, it alkso worked on my french Orange TG01, so I think they have the codes, whatever the country or the locked provider

Edited by i900french-addict

Guest justj
Yes, it works!!!

But I suppose it's related to individual IMEI (or I don't see the reason they ask for it) so there's one different code for each TG01

EDIT: I went to this unlocking website because a Belgium guy on another forum said it worked for him, it alkso worked on my french Orange TG01, so I think they have the codes, whatever the country or the locked provider

well, lucky you. When my rebel sim 2 fail to work, they even try to get an unlock code for me but nothing come through. So I suppose the UK Orange TG01 is not currently unlockable.

Guest badaas

sounds like HTC unlock system.

ALL phones IMEI number relates to a randomly generated unlock code, which the manufacturer holds on a file. So unless some SPL unlocks these, you will need an 'insider' to access the file, hence why you supply your IMEI to the unlocker peoples.

hth :)

Guest gpx70
Yes, it works!!!

I was told that unlock-city.co.uk can do the job but I havent try this website yet?

Guest i900french-addict

If I were you, I would try and pay with paypal (that's what I did).

Usually paypal refounds very quickly for these services when they fail to give a working unlock code.

(and most of the unlocking sites claim they refound when they fail anyway, but I thought using paypal would be another protection)

I suppose if the site I use gave me the code in less than 24h, they have access to all the codes for every IMEI, as Badaas said

So if you need to unlock a TG01, try them, trust me, I think I've always been honnest as FpseCE beta tester and noone can tell I make false reputations ;-)

Guest IBTECH
I was told that unlock-city.co.uk can do the job but I havent try this website yet?

Can anyone confirm that unlock-city.co.uk can unlock the TG01 from orange UK?

This is the only site I found that actually has Orange unlock codes listed..

I do not own a TG01 yet..but if they can unlock it I will get one from ebay.

Guest i900french-addict

I know http://www.unlockitnow.com/ also have working unlock codes by IMEI for the TG01, and they look quite international, I suppose they can do it for orange UK (and they accept paypal, so very easy refound if they can't find it) for waht I know, they have TG01 unlock code within 5 days (and I know for sure they have codes for french TG01 but they seem to support many international operators)

Guest Phantom Plague
well, lucky you. When my rebel sim 2 fail to work, they even try to get an unlock code for me but nothing come through. So I suppose the UK Orange TG01 is not currently unlockable.

They tend to be good like that, however I believe the database Rebel use is only for the HTC devices, of which the TG01 is not one.

I picked up a TG01 today, so will be experimenting and liaising with Rebel to help them get the Rebel 2 to work with it.

Seems a nice device, though a little quirky.

Guest IBTECH
I know http://www.unlockitnow.com/ also have working unlock codes by IMEI for the TG01, and they look quite international, I suppose they can do it for orange UK (and they accept paypal, so very easy refound if they can't find it) for waht I know, they have TG01 unlock code within 5 days (and I know for sure they have codes for french TG01 but they seem to support many international operators)

Yea I emailed them about two weeks ago and their reply was:

Sorry not from Orange UK yet

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us again. Best Regards,UnlockItNow.com Team