Possible to SIM unlock?

Guest jamjamjam

Video will be on the Rebel sim card site by tuesday, I'll also put a link to it here from youtube. I did the videos on the rebel site for the TyTn II and a few others, and no, I am not employed by them, I was doing some network cable installation and they wanted to demo my phone with the rebel II.

Rebel II is a cut sim, hole at the top of the card as usual, and a piece of advice, to make it easier to insert the Rebel II, use a little double sided tape at the bottom to keep things lined up while inserting it in the TG01.

Any update on the video??

Guest i900french-addict
Never mind....

done and unlocked....works!

looooooooooooool french is an easy language, isn't it? :D

(ok, there's only one long number in big on the page lol)

Guest stimulant
looooooooooooool french is an easy language, isn't it? :D

(ok, there's only one long number in big on the page lol)

You mean the long number I refered to in my post 'I got my code....but I speak no french....how do I use it?'? Seems english is not so easy to understand to...lol!

Well it is all unlocked and working fine on my 3 mobile sim, haven't tried any others yet.

Guest DonShole

I tried deblocage a couple of days ago and got my TG01 unlocked. They sent me the code after 4 hours. Worth pointing out I've had my phone for 3 weeks - bought from Orange online.

I'd bought the rebel sim II card before that. It worked but only for about 5 hours. I tried it on a tytn II aswell but it didn't work on it at all. So I'm pushing for a refund.

Guest cellphoneuk
I tried deblocage a couple of days ago and got my TG01 unlocked. They sent me the code after 4 hours. Worth pointing out I've had my phone for 3 weeks - bought from Orange online.

I'd bought the rebel sim II card before that. It worked but only for about 5 hours. I tried it on a tytn II aswell but it didn't work on it at all. So I'm pushing for a refund.

Hi, did you pay through paypal or some other ways ? I see that all you guys here are ok with this website. I'll try this myself. Is there any recommendations for me ? Please ?

P/S: French cause difficulties making the order !

Guest duffdemon
Hi again

I really want one of these, but in the UK they are exclusive to Orange. Unfortunatley Orange's internet packages do not meet my needs so I will not go with them!

This means I have to get one of Ebay (when they appear???) and get it unlocked.

So, I was wondering if anyone had a Turbo SIM or similar to test to see if it unlocks the phone? I would be very grateful! Or if somebody knows if I could get this unlocked somewhere?

Cheers

Hi everybody, this is my first post! I have just got my TG01 that was locked to the UK orange network. I used this guy on ebay to unlock it. Its not cheap at £22 but I was emailed an unlock code within about 2 hours of clicking the buy it now button and it worked a treat!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Edited by duffdemon

Hi everybody, this is my first post! I have just got my TG01 that was locked to the UK orange network. I used this guy on ebay to unlock it. Its not cheap at £22 but I was emailed an unlock code within about 2 hours of clicking the buy it now button and it worked a treat!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have a code. But I do not know how it to enter.

Please send me to [email protected] instructions guides from these guys which you have received together with a code.

Guest duffdemon
I have a code. But I do not know how it to enter.

Please send me to [email protected] instructions guides from these guys which you have received together with a code.

All you have to do is insert a sim that’s not accepted by the network and turn the phone on. As soon as the phone boots up you will see a message telling you the sim is not accepted and there will be a box where you can enter an unlock code. You need to be careful at this point because you only get 3 chances to enter a correct code! My code would not work for your phone as its generated from my phones IMEI code.

All you have to do is insert a sim that’s not accepted by the network and turn the phone on. As soon as the phone boots up you will see a message telling you the sim is not accepted and there will be a box where you can enter an unlock code. You need to be careful at this point because you only get 3 chances to enter a correct code! My code would not work for your phone as its generated from my phones IMEI code.

Unfortunately I already have spent all three attempts!!!

In it also there is a problem.

What to me now to do?

Your code was not necessary to me, but only your instruction.

Edited by sorav

Guest duffdemon
Unfortunately I already have spent all three attempts!!!

In it also there is a problem.

What to me now to do?

Your code was not necessary to me, but only your instruction.

Sorry to hear that. I have no idea what to do after that. All I can suggest is that if you try another unlocking service like the one I linked to, that you email them first to see if they can unlock a phone that’s already had three attempts. :D

Guest Windows99
UnlockSearch does not give you an unlock code!

My trigger happiness just cost me £3.99, oops! :D

P

Dear Mr. Paul.

Could you help me to unlock Toshiba T-01A, NTT Docomo In JP. Also, Could you help me to know that how to cook an unlocked ROM? :angry:

I'm looking for any solution. Now I'm overseas. Then I temporally stop to use my NTT Docomo international loaming services. May it cause difficulty to calculate unlocking code?

Thank you for your advise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phantom Plague
Any update on the video??

Video proof Here

Signal was a little low but it was done in a building with a metal roof, metal reinforcements in the walls, metal clad door etc, but it worked for inbound, outbound, text messages and data. Without a problem.

Hi.Im not the sharpest tool in the box, but i have the same issue as the original poster. 500 meg "unlimited" is pooh from orange. Now im tied in as ive been with them since july.!!!!!anyway, is this legal? can i unlock my phone and stick in a sim from my iphone with unlimited internet? Will my phone definatley take it with no issues. And will i then have unlimited internet with o2?is there anyway anyone can find out if i switch from phone to phone?

Guest Neil5459
Hi.Im not the sharpest tool in the box, but i have the same issue as the original poster. 500 meg "unlimited" is pooh from orange. Now im tied in as ive been with them since july.!!!!!anyway, is this legal? can i unlock my phone and stick in a sim from my iphone with unlimited internet? Will my phone definatley take it with no issues. And will i then have unlimited internet with o2?is there anyway anyone can find out if i switch from phone to phone?

There are a few issues related to your question!

1) Yes, SIM unlocking will allow you to use any operator's SIM card in your TG01

2) You will of course still be tied to your Orange contract so you may as well use up as much of your allowance as possible

3) It is technically possible to use your O2 iPhone SIM in your TG01, but

4) O2 expressly state that the iPhone SIMs have to be used in an iPhone. A few people have received text messages from O2 warning them to stop using these SIMs in non- iPhones but I don't know about the legality of that. For instance, what would be the case if someone's iPhone broke, leaving them with the remainder of a contract- would O2 be able to force them to only buy another iPhone?

5) The operators do have the ability to determine which phones are being used with a SIM card- the network connection includes not just the SIM iD, but the phones electronic ID as well. O2 know the IDs of all iPhones so if you use a different phone with an iPhone contract, they can detect it.

How much data do you actually expect to use? I've never used more than 200MB a month even with heavy internet use, though I don't use any video or media streaming.

HiI have been using alot. Whats the point in a phone like this without some decent video streaming or podcasts! (was checking out modaco podcasts the last few days and they are very good although, id prefer a tad more on software!!!) But anyway i degress. I use about 5g i guess but i like the idea of unlimited. I have been loading up on my home wifi till now. And yes i would get all my available from orange.

Guest Neil5459
.... I use about 5g i guess but i like the idea of unlimited. I have been loading up on my home wifi till now. And yes i would get all my available from orange.

5GB would be way outside the Fair Usage policy of all the mobile operators. As far as I know, although they advertise 'Unlimited' they all have a FUP of 1GB per month maximum.

Yeah agreed, 5gb is way over anything that is fair i guess, but the problem is orange are not allowing me to add bolt on data packages, Ive asked them for various upgrades to there data packages but the computer says no. (Even though im asking to pay for these upgrades). I cant do it for another ten months. So have to pay for excess :) . Hence thats why i was looking at swapping sims, but dont wanna break the law or potentially ruin my phone. Bend the rules i could stretch to, as the way i look at it, im paying for both sims.

Guest Neil5459
Yeah agreed, 5gb is way over anything that is fair i guess, but the problem is orange are not allowing me to add bolt on data packages, Ive asked them for various upgrades to there data packages but the computer says no. (Even though im asking to pay for these upgrades). I cant do it for another ten months. So have to pay for excess :) . Hence thats why i was looking at swapping sims, but dont wanna break the law or potentially ruin my phone. Bend the rules i could stretch to, as the way i look at it, im paying for both sims.

You are not bending the law by unlocking your phone, but it may be against Orange's T&C; however, they'll never know so there's no harm in doing it :)

The costs of internet use via PAYG services are variable and the benefits are also variable. Vodafone charge 50p per day for up to 25MB of data on PAYG, or £7.50 per month on contract for up to 500MB (which is their 'unlimited' tariff); T-Mobile charge £7.50 per month for up to 1GB on contract only, or £5 for 5 days, then £1 per day for up to 40MB per day.

The best deal is still from 3. They do a range of mobile internet add-ons on their PAYG service including up to 1GB for £5 for one month. I use this on my netbook and it works very well though 3's coverage is still a little patchy.

Guest duffdemon
You are not bending the law by unlocking your phone, but it may be against Orange's T&C; however, they'll never know so there's no harm in doing it :)

The costs of internet use via PAYG services are variable and the benefits are also variable. Vodafone charge 50p per day for up to 25MB of data on PAYG, or £7.50 per month on contract for up to 500MB (which is their 'unlimited' tariff); T-Mobile charge £7.50 per month for up to 1GB on contract only, or £5 for 5 days, then £1 per day for up to 40MB per day.

The best deal is still from 3. They do a range of mobile internet add-ons on their PAYG service including up to 1GB for £5 for one month. I use this on my netbook and it works very well though 3's coverage is still a little patchy.

Virgin are also worth a look. They have a great PAYG tariff at the moment. If you top up with £10 per month you get up to 25MB per day at a maximum charge of 30p per day. So a month’s data at 25MB per day will effectively cost you about £9 per month. However if you top up with £20 per month you get 1GB for free for that month. Also I don’t know if they are still doing it but the first time you top up you get a months extra for free. So by topping up with £20 you get 2 months of data at 1GB per month for free. Not only that but they also throw in free text with these offers. For the £20 top up you get 3000 texts for free.

Guest Neil5459

That is a good deal! 25MB per day is 750MB per month, but of course it doesn't average itself out over the month so if you go over on any one day, you get charged. That makes the £20 deal look better :)