Custom taskbar icons

Guest David Strange

Guest David Strange

Hi there,

OK, I'm tempted. Really, really tempted. That 1GHz processor and a 4.1" WVGA OLED screen could easily pull me away from my beloved Xperia X1. But first, a question. Has anyone tried to install custom taskbar icons such as this set on their TG01. Let us be honest, the standard taskbar icons are terribly poor.

Oh I'm tempted.

David.

Guest The Real Mc Coy

I know quite well SPB Mobile Shell as I use WinMobile PDA Phones for a few years ;)

I will also try Home2 and some other shells to choose the best as the Toshiba or the Orange shells are just... rubbish !

BTW : I tried the colored version of the taskbar you mentionned but I had to uninstall because it's slowed the TG01 too much !!!

That's strange... there is no problem on a Diamond which runs on a 528MHz PCU...

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Guest SinSilla

And i have never noticed any slowdowns on my TG01 with the Taskbar installed, really strange. I´m going to uninstall and see if i notice any difference.

Edited by SinSilla

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bbmalver

Anyone know of a way of replacing the app icons with better choices, as frankly some of them just spoil the whole look of the device screen (most of the SPB3 ones are fine).

A lot of them are just way too low rez (i.e Netfront Browser, Ubook, TCPMP, to name a few). Something to be said for the apple way (NOT a fanboy though :) ), as the squares keep them all of a size!

Guest xdalover
Anyone know of a way of replacing the app icons with better choices, as frankly some of them just spoil the whole look of the device screen (most of the SPB3 ones are fine).

A lot of them are just way too low rez (i.e Netfront Browser, Ubook, TCPMP, to name a few). Something to be said for the apple way (NOT a fanboy though :) ), as the squares keep them all of a size!

I'm sure that there is a way to make (photoshop for instance) your own icons. Let me search a bit...

Guest bbmalver
I'm sure that there is a way to make (photoshop for instance) your own icons. Let me search a bit...

Thanks! Already checking on my own, but am wading thru a whole load on the XDA site!

Guest leeston2379
Thanks! Already checking on my own, but am wading thru a whole load on the XDA site!

Get resource hacker and wince cab manager, use cab manager to extract .dll files from a tsowen cab. Now use resource hacker to extract the images you want to change, change them then use resource hacker to put them back in the .dll then cab manager to put them back in the cab.

I've had a quick mess around, it seems easy enough but a little long winded as things like battery icons have 50-100 seperate images.

Trial version of cab manager here

EDIT: sorry thought you were talking about taskbar images. Though res hacker can be used for program icon mods to i think

ResHack.zip

Edited by leeston2379