• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

need some help with tomtom

4 posts in this topic

Posted

i have the tomtom working with maps etcetc, but i need to find out where to add the voices and speedcamera upgrades... i do not have a voices folder or anything and i don't know where to put it

Posted

Put them all into the maps folder you're using. By voice files, I take it you mean the OGG audio files for the camera files? If so, make doubly sure that the file name before the file type suffix is the same as the camera file it's being used with, likewise any icon files should have the same name before the suffix, or they won't marry up in TomTom.

Hope this helps ;)

Posted

If so, make doubly sure that the file name before the file type suffix is the same as the camera file it's being used with, likewise any icon files should have the same name before the suffix, or they won't marry up in TomTom.

Similar to the OP, i've got a slight issue with the camera files. I've got voices working fine. I'm not quite sure of what you mean by "make sure the file type suffix is the same as the camera file it's being used with". Could you elaborate a bit more? I've got the OGG file for the cameras, not sure about the camera file you mention?

Cheers

Posted

Sure. A suffix is the part of the file name AFTER the dot. for example, "prefix.suf" (old-style windows 16-bit naming convention, showing my bloody age here, lol)

Everything before the dot of the suffix should be the same, or TomTom won't realise that they're intended to be used at the same time.

For example:

If the Camera file is called "safetycam30mph.ov2", then the sound file should be named "safetycam30mph.ogg": Similarly, the icon file should be named "safetycam30mph.bmp".

All those files should go into the same folder as your maps ;)

Hope that clears things up :D