Dilemma! Please help

Guest fivecheebs

Guest fivecheebs

Hi all,

First time poster, long time lurker. Thanks for all the information i have gleaned from these boards.

Until last week, I was the proud owner of an Omnia, then, through no fault of my own, on the tube on the way home from work a lady barged into me. Her oversized bangle got caught in my headphones, ripped the handset out of my hand, followed by a couple of bounces and the phone disappearing between the train and the platform. To cut a long story short, the phone was supposed to be picked up after trains stopped (station had those glass barriers preventimg me from retrieving it myself). It wasnt retrieved by station staff, and had dissapeared from the tracks by the following morning.

So, I need to replace it. I have been given £350 by the insurance company, and dont want to excede this by too much really, but could be swayed by features.

I can get an omnia for that money, and a touch HD for a bit more. The HD is really tempting cos of its screen, but have read about problems about the touch and video playback. I watch alot of video on my phone (a couple of hours a day) so video performance is high on the list.

Which of the above phones would you buy? Is there a model im not thinking about?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Edited by fivecheebs

• 1 month later...
No body has an opinion of Omnia vs Touch HD? Really?

I own samsung omnia i8910 hd, toshiba tg01, LG viewty & LG renoir....All have a pressure touch screen except for the omnia capacitive touch screen.

If you need to navigate around web pages & click on links and fill in online password/username boxes etc, then go for a pressure touch screen (works with stylus &/or fingernail) everytime....If that is a small amount of what u do but your main priority is to watch video, then once the video is running i have found the samsung omnia i8910HD the best to watch a video on....to be fair the toshiba has a great 4.1 inch screen...but not all of it is used and the sound volume is nearly inaudible. I had to install SRS wow to get reasonable volume...plus the TG01 video camera is very basic compared to the awesome omnia video.