SatNav port

Guest wibberly

Guest wibberly

I wonder if anyone has managed to get a quality SatNav package to run on this phone yet?

It seems to use an odd 'GPS program port' of GPD9 and even after setting it to 'com 4' for example TomTom and IGO8 still refuse to find any GPS hardware.

This could be a real pain. I do hope I am just being plain thick.

Guest jamjamjam

Use a program called 'Fransoft GPSgate'

It will find the TG01's port and then make a new one for programs such as IGO GPS to find and use.

Guest SinSilla

Following those instructions worked for me and TomTom.

1. Windows Mobile: Settings - System - external GPS > Com 4 (x)

2. GPS Gate: Settings - Input > Com 4 (x)

3. GPS Gate: Settings - Output > create virtual Com Port

4. GPS Nav: choose the virtual Com Port

Guest delboydell

that worked a treat. thanks a lot.

How senstive is the gps antenna on the tg01, i am getting 4 satalites indoors!

What vertion of tomtom are you running? as my ver 5.2 is only on the top 3rd of the screen and wont run in landscape mode.

Guest SinSilla
that worked a treat. thanks a lot.

How senstive is the gps antenna on the tg01, i am getting 4 satalites indoors!

What vertion of tomtom are you running? as my ver 5.2 is only on the top 3rd of the screen and wont run in landscape mode.

I´m using TomTom Navigator 7, runs perfect in Fullscreen and Landscape.

Guest The Real Mc Coy

I used GPSGate with default GPD9 port and let GPSGate manage the virtual COMport (the COM2 was chosen automaticaly).

It works like a treat with iGo8 but sometimes the GPS deconnects for a few seconds...

I can also confirm the very high sensitivity of the GPS : 4 to 5 sats indoor where a Diamond does not see only one !

Unfortunately, GPSGate is not a freeware and costs €14.95.

Guest delboydell

just to let you know i installed garmin mobile xt last night, works perfect and no nead for gps gate, it found the gps port automaticly.

and It runs so smooth too.

As a nav Its ok too.

Guest Neil5459

iGO8 also works for me with no need for configuration.

It does need to be set to 'Use Device Settings' for orientation, and if set that way will start up in whichever orientation the device is in when started. Changing orientation give an odd split screen effect, as does using a set orientation with the settings. Hopefully someone will device a proper sys.txt file for the TG01 soon!

I also found that I need to define a Custom setting in the device's Power Settings- the Best Performance setting uses automatic screen brightness which is too dim for in-car use, so I've got the Custom Setting set with everything turned up full! Not checked to see if these can be modified in the registry, or if others can be added via registry entries.