How to skip gmail logging in on HTC G1? See details

Guest Assylbek

Guest Assylbek

Here is a deal. Bought unlocked HTC G1 in US. Came back home to Russia. Trying to turn it on and it asks to log in into gmail account. I have gmail account but i can't log in because internet settings from US doesn't work here. I tried to set it up properly - no internet. Went to talk to provider - same s***. So i can't use it now because logging in is needed and i can't do it! Does someone know if i can skip this step and use it? How? Some cracks or whatever???

Thanks a lot!

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Here is a deal. Bought unlocked HTC G1 in US. Came back home to Russia. Trying to turn it on and it asks to log in into gmail account. I have gmail account but i can't log in because internet settings from US doesn't work here. I tried to set it up properly - no internet. Went to talk to provider - same s***. So i can't use it now because logging in is needed and i can't do it! Does someone know if i can skip this step and use it? How? Some cracks or whatever???

Thanks a lot!

http://www.modmygphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7791

Have you confirmed it's unlocked? Go to step 5. Have the apn of your phone providor handy.

regards,

M.S

Guest Webreaper

And just to add to that, 'skipping' the gmail login is kindof pointless. 95% of the phone's functionality (gmail, the market, maps, etc) use the google credentials, so without authenticating to a gmail account you'll be crippling most of the device's goodness.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
And just to add to that, 'skipping' the gmail login is kindof pointless. 95% of the phone's functionality (gmail, the market, maps, etc) use the google credentials, so without authenticating to a gmail account you'll be crippling most of the device's goodness.

But at least you can activate it via the skipping method... you can add the credentials back in afterwards - op has a gmail account - just can't activate as his device is from US with US apn settings and he's in Russia as stated so it won't connect to authenticate his gmail account so he has to skip the login..

Many people have needed to do this after receiving devices supplied in other countries - it isn't to avoid using google, it's to actually get the phone to work in the first instance. Not pointless at all.....

M.S