[ROM] Sinan's i900 UltraLite Roms [Discontinued]

Guest sinancetinkaya

adhip

Thanks to your feedback

Many players have been asking these questions about netcf and nodata. I can't tell them these things over and over again. But I'll write your kind message into the first post for seeing by them :angry:

Many thanks to you Sinan, some friends of mine who use Omnia are really jealous since it's respond faster than theirs. Not to mention when I - ehm - show my device memory to them :D

Btw, I experience that 70% charge problem today. It is because I have to use the USB cable for charging (plug to USB power supply) since I left the charger back home. But it goes back to 100% when using Samsung's Charger.

Dunno whether this is the case, but if it is, then I think it's not because of your ROM.

WOW man! What a ROM! I'm loving it! It's fast, it's stable, it's all that I ever wanted. Very nice job!

I installed the Samsung Dialer and I have one problem: when I push the Contacts icon, I get an error: "The file 'SecContact' cannot be opened". What else do I have to install for this to work?

Guest sinancetinkaya
WOW man! What a ROM! I'm loving it! It's fast, it's stable, it's all that I ever wanted. Very nice job!

I installed the Samsung Dialer and I have one problem: when I push the Contacts icon, I get an error: "The file 'SecContact' cannot be opened". What else do I have to install for this to work?

I just updated the dialer cab, please download and install again. And of course, report if it works

I just updated the dialer cab, please download and install again. And of course, report if it works

Thanks a lot! It works like a charm! Keep on the good work.

Guest melvynadam

Flashing my ROM is an annual affair for me (not hourly like some addicts in this forum!) and it takes a lot of preparation.

I'm planning on using this ROM but can't see any mention of the following Settings apps. Are these included? If not, can someone provide download links (they are not in the MediaFire list provided in the first post):

• USB Connection Mode
  • Enhanced GPS
  • Motion Sensor

Also, are all standard PIM apps included? i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks, Beam My Contact.

Guest mobilepalm

Downloaded and trying your ROM. Love the space available and the ability for us to customise it the way we want.

Question:

I've downloaded the "LargeMenu" from mediafire but it doesn't install quoting not for this ROM. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jerome

Like I said, the Samsung contacts now works, but the following happens: when I click on a contact in it, a new screen is displayed, with the Video call, three large Call buttons (Mobile, Work, Home) and the Send message. On this screen there is a soft button, Open contacts. When I click it, an error message appears: "The file 'opencontact' cannot be opened ...". Could you please fix this one, too?

Guest sinancetinkaya
Like I said, the Samsung contacts now works, but the following happens: when I click on a contact in it, a new screen is displayed, with the Video call, three large Call buttons (Mobile, Work, Home) and the Send message. On this screen there is a soft button, Open contacts. When I click it, an error message appears: "The file 'opencontact' cannot be opened ...". Could you please fix this one, too?

Download and install again

Guest mobilepalm

Yes, reset and even now after installing many other programmes to it, it still can't install quoting as attachement

post-205200-1252051260_thumb.png

Thanks.

Jerome

Downloaded and trying your ROM. Love the space available and the ability for us to customise it the way we want.

Question:

I've downloaded the "Large Start Menu" from mediafire but it doesn't install quoting not for this ROM. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jerome

Guest sinancetinkaya
Yes, reset and even now after installing many other programmes to it, it still can't install quoting as attachement

Thanks.

Jerome

Updated, download and install again

I discovered a new error: when I have missed calls, a new icon (phone with exclamation mark) apperars next to the Start menu, on the bar. When clicking on it, a new popup appears at the bottom of the page, with title "Missed calls" and saying that "You have 1 missed call(s)". Pushing the View soft button az error appears: "The file 'callog' cannot be opened ...". Could you please fix this one, too?

Guest sinancetinkaya
Could you please add the Samsung keyboard to the downloadable applications?

many of i900 keyboard cabs are in this forum, try one of them

I discovered a new error: when I have missed calls, a new icon (phone with exclamation mark) apperars next to the Start menu, on the bar. When clicking on it, a new popup appears at the bottom of the page, with title "Missed calls" and saying that "You have 1 missed call(s)". Pushing the View soft button az error appears: "The file 'callog' cannot be opened ...". Could you please fix this one, too?

fixed, download and install again

I meant dialer cab (not rom :))

Edited by sinancetinkaya

many of i900 keyboard cabs are in this forum, try one of them

OK, I'll search for them.

Thanks a lot. It works now.

Guest melvynadam

Sorry I'm not clear on the resolution. You've fixed the dialer cab but not the ROM? If so, where' the download for the fixed dialer? I can't see it in the 1st post.

Guest sinancetinkaya
Sorry I'm not clear on the resolution. You've fixed the dialer cab but not the ROM? If so, where' the download for the fixed dialer? I can't see it in the 1st post.

no specific links over there.

"If you need some programs that I removed, you might want to take a look at http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4ff25d...be6ba49b5870170"

Guest melvynadam
no specific links over there.

"If you need some programs that I removed, you might want to take a look at http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4ff25d...be6ba49b5870170"

Huh? I'm not asking for an additional app. You said "fixed, download and install again. I meant dialer cab". So you were instructing us to download a "fixed" cab, no? If so, where is it? I know where to get the generic stuff but if there's something particular that you have fixed, where is it?

Huh? I'm not asking for an additional app. You said "fixed, download and install again. I meant dialer cab". So you were instructing us to download a "fixed" cab, no? If so, where is it? I know where to get the generic stuff but if there's something particular that you have fixed, where is it?

How lame are you, man? The fixed cab can be downloaded from that link Sinan gave you. By "dialer cab" he meant "Samsung i900 Dialer.cab". In what world are you living in, dude?

Guest sinancetinkaya
How lame are you, man? The fixed cab can be downloaded from that link Sinan gave you. By "dialer cab" he meant "Samsung i900 Dialer.cab". In what world are you living in, dude?

:) :) :)

Please respect to all users :)

melvynadam

As Pandamaci has said, when I said dialer cab, it means I updated the dialer cab in my mediafire area. It also means, you need to download and install it again.

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest jfive.5

well I dont post on here to often but im happy with this rom BUT....

1) alarms do not go off if PDA is off (standby)

2) setting a MIDI file as a notify doesnt work

3) time based applications do not go off at set time (as in 1)

4) setting wifi to not switch off still turns off (common problem with DXID1)

I dont like win 6.5 which is what most cooks are moving too.

again excellent work a True ultralite cooker!

Guest melvynadam
:) :) :)

Frankly Pandamaci was way over the top and sinan you weren't much better. I missed the link to the repository on mediafire. Hang me from the nearest gallows.

I really appreciate the work and the enormous effort that ROM cooks provide for free as well as the much bigger effort involved in supporting the "products" after they're released. However, it's responses like these which keep people from asking questions and turn this into a little closed clique rather than a welcoming place for all which is what MoDaCo used to feel like.

Edited by melvynadam