• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Quick Q from a returning noob lol

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys

some of you might remember me when i had my HTC TYTNii, that went a few months ago, but now im getting a HTC Touch Diamond, being delivered midweek time, and im looking for a windows Mobile 6.1 rom with radio.

The phone will be locked to Orange when it arrives, but thats not really a problem as i use Orange in anycase

Could someone help me out with a good stable 6.1 rom for the Touch Diamond?

many thanks

Posted

anyone?

Posted

Check out XDA-developers for a variety of ROMs. DO read the instructions on updating very carefully so as not to turn your phone into a brick, and then choose a ROM based on what you want to get out of the upgrade process (speed, features, UI, etc).

Posted

ive checked there and been that, but there are so many, plus everytme ive asked ive been ignored so thats why i asked here lol

Posted

The one I use is quite old, as all I wanted was an update to the horrible ROM T-Mobile had, so used the SwiftBL 7.5 - much like the stock HTC one, but with updated .NET, Google Maps, and a couple of other things I forget.

Otherwise it's a case of deciding what you want from it, and looking for those features in the list of ROMS. I haven't updated for a while as the newer ROMS don't give me anything I want. Is a matter of personal preference.

Posted

tbh i think im going to wait for an offical one, i did flash the rom from Oranges support website the other day and that seems fast and stable so i think im going to leave it on that for the moment

Posted

If all you want is fast and stable, then that sounds like the best thing to do. I wanted similar (normally-fast, stable, and latest versions of apps such as Google Maps). You can get faster versions, but I find they tend to be so different from the normal ROM that I find them a pain.