PDA device not found!!!!

Guest bracus

Guest bracus

Ive changed the rom twice. I've gotten it to work everytime, but now I can't. I turned off active sync, changed to mass storage, WMDC is set to not allow usb connections. I don't get it. If you know, please tell me. Thanks. Oh and I've installed the drivers.

Guest necosino

Make sure the phone is COMPLETELY off..

Take out battery

Select detect in UMDL

Plug in USB to phone

Put battery back in

Turn on phone

Watch the flash begin :)

• 2 months later...
Make sure the phone is COMPLETELY off..

Take out battery

Select detect in UMDL

Plug in USB to phone

Put battery back in

Turn on phone

Watch the flash begin :)

I'm having the same problem, and i tried the same steps with no luck, what else do you suggest??

Guest tedkord
I'm having the same problem, and i tried the same steps with no luck, what else do you suggest??

Could be a USB issue with the PC. Try either another USB port if you have one, or even better, a whole different PC.

Do other USB items work in the port? If not, open hardware manager, and see if the USB system has any issues notated. Try disabling then re-enabling it.

Oh, and to OP - you need to be in Activesync to flash. Mass storage won't do it.

Edited by tedkord

Guest necosino
Could be a USB issue with the PC. Try either another USB port if you have one, or even better, a whole different PC.

Do other USB items work in the port? If not, open hardware manager, and see if the USB system has any issues notated. Try disabling then re-enabling it.

Oh, and to OP - you need to be in Activesync to flash. Mass storage won't do it.

Either way works actually; mass storage or activesync.

To the person with issues: Make sure that you have followed my guide exactly and have the drivers + activesync/WMDC installed with USB connection disabled.

• 11 months later...
Guest zzztetsuozzz

In order to get UMDL Omnia to properly recognize the device and install, you need to run UMDL Omnia in Administrator mode and set the compatibility mode to Vista SP 2 (XP won't work)