New excellent review for Omnia II I8000 pocketnow.com

Guest -Vulture-

Nice review. But i think there must be something wrong with their camera module. Those pictures are horrible, i dont think this is the way it should be. I saw photos on other websites made with preview units of the omnia which are much better than this (gsmarena.com for example). I guess they just have a bad unit there.

But im a bit confused regarding the screen and its "milky coat" outdoors. Samsung claims that the omnia II has outstanding outdoor visibility on their website and now this. I dont think this will change till official start in europe and other major countries cause its a hardware thing. And such things are unlikely to be changed when the device is already released. But lets wait and see what other reviews report.

Guest La Traviata
Nice review. But i think there must be something wrong with their camera module. Those pictures are horrible, i dont think this is the way it should be. I saw photos on other websites made with preview units of the omnia which are much better than this (gsmarena.com for example). I guess they just have a bad unit there.

I hope you're right. One of the reasons why I chose Omnia I over HTC and iPhone is that, as the review says, it is a good allrounder, i.e. it has both decent battery life (for a smartphone) AND a decent camera. I was hoping the same would be true of Omnia II and Omnia Pro. Not that I'm expecting digital camera like quality, but certainly nothing less than Omnia I.

Guest -Vulture-
I hope you're right. One of the reasons why I chose Omnia I over HTC and iPhone is that, as the review says, it is a good allrounder, i.e. it has both decent battery life (for a smartphone) AND a decent camera. I was hoping the same would be true of Omnia II and Omnia Pro. Not that I'm expecting digital camera like quality, but certainly nothing less than Omnia I.

Yep, same here. Just take a look at the pictures made with the omnia II @ gsmarena.com. Youll see, that they are much better than those of the review. At least as good as with the omnia I.

Guest La Traviata

Oh, I read the preview on GSM arena, but the phone was still in development stage when it was written. I'm really looking forward to more reviews and user reports now that it is actually released (even more after WM 6.5 becomes available).