• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Dorothy gets you to Kansas 3x faster than Opera

6 posts in this topic

Posted

thumb_02-Aug-2009_dorothy-4.png

Ok, I'll admit I couldn't come up with a wittier title for this article but new Webkit based web browser Dorothy can supposedly get you around the web three times faster than Opera 9.5! It's currently in a closed beta and while it has finger scrolling, it lacks "coasting" (you know, where you flick up/down and it keeps scrolling), zooming in isn't as simple as a double tap of the screen, text isn't re-arranged when you do zoom and to exit you have to go to the settings menu! All that aside, it seems to be a very promising browser and it certainly is quick to render pages. Opera beater? No yet, maybe when it's finalised :)

thumb_02-Aug-2009_dorothy-1.pngthumb_02-Aug-2009_dorothy-2.pngthumb_02-Aug-2009_dorothy-3.png

via [FuzeMobility]

Posted

Thanks will give it a try.

Posted

anybody have a cab for it? i register on the website but i never receive the email

Posted

anybody have a cab for it? i register on the website but i never receive the email

It's a CLOSED beta. If you don't receive a link, you're out of luck. Those who do have the .cab are not permitted to re-distribute it and if they do so on here, they'll get a swift BAN.

Posted

Video of it in use here:

Posted

I've given it a go and it's pretty good but can't render as well as Iris. It also seems to be seen as the iPhone browser so many sites default to a mobile layout. In a couple of updates time it could be a real contender.

I'm using Iris nearly all the time now as although it doesn't have a great interface it renders all the websites i use perfectly and resizes them in a usable way.

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.