TG01 Slow Down

Guest bbmalver

Guest bbmalver

I seem to be on a run with problems today :)

I've noticed on occasion that the device seems to slow down (most especially after PC connection) and even soft resets, nor full shutdown restarts, appear to have any effect on rectifying the slowdown.

depending on unknown factors, this slow downd clears up on its own. However, after performing a soft reset today the problem has been ongoing for a couple of hours now.

Anyone with any solutions, short of a hard reset?!!

Edited by bbmalver

Guest justj
I seem to be on a run with problems today :)

I've noticed on occasion that the device seems to slow down (most especially after PC connection) and even soft resets, nor full shutdown restarts, appear to have any effect on rectifying the slowdown.

depending on unknown factors, this slow downd clears up on its own. However, after performing a soft reset today the problem has been ongoing for a couple of hours now.

Anyone with any solutions, short of a hard reset?!!

I have the same problem (my device seems to have all the problem).

I know my device is slowing down when I scroll the program list, insted of running smothly, it kind of draging.

The only way I know to help is to take the battery out and put it back in then restart the phone.

Guest barny stumble
I have the same problem (my device seems to have all the problem).

I know my device is slowing down when I scroll the program list, insted of running smothly, it kind of draging.

The only way I know to help is to take the battery out and put it back in then restart the phone.

Snap! Seems there may be an issue here? I hope not, but I have a replacement on its way as my battery lasted about a nanosecond, (slight exaggeration! ;) ), was hot enough to cook my breakfast on( <_< ), and my handset kept getting more and more sluggish, even after multiple restarts, reboots. I'm hoping it's just a few teething issues with some of the handsets...... :) Bring on 6.5 I say!!! ;)

Guest SinSilla

Luckily i don´t know what you are talking about, i haven´t ran in any of the problems discussed here or in other threads.

I had one of the very first units here in germany (day 1 purchase) and despite a soft reset from time to time due to the fact that i tried out a lot i haven´t noticed any serious problems.

Sorry to hear that some of you do you have those problems, maybe its related to the carrier and their specific roms? Donno..

Edited by SinSilla

Guest barny stumble
Luckily i don´t know what you are talking about, i haven´t ran in any of the problems discussed here or in other threads.

I had one of the very first units here in germany (day 1 purchase) and despite a soft reset from time to time due to the fact that i tried out a lot i haven´t noticed any serious problems.

Sorry to hear that some of you do you have those problems, maybe its related to the carrier and there specific roms? Donno..

You may have a point there SinSilla, but it could just be coincidence, either way, my carrier is more than happy to send out a replacement for next day delivery... :)

Guest leeston2379

I've got to agree with sinsilla, no problems on my orange uk handset. Does get a little warm when charging, but nothing i would worry about. I do a power cycle once a day, and have installed and uninstalled alot of stuff since getting it. Did do a hard reset on day 2. Its 2 weeks old now.

Guest bbmalver

Probably need to add a bit more detail to the issue.

99% of the time there are no issues with the device at all! however the issue normally pops up after linking to the PC, either as an external HDD or thru activesync. Then i get the Coreplayer asking

do i wish to update my files; on disconnect if i select no, that definately causes an issue, if i select yes then the issue only occurs once in every 5 connection times to the PC. (Noticeable by CP, Coreplayer,

taking a second or two to move to the next track, or being unable to open any of the Toshiba tweaked system options, i.e. Power, rotate, etc).

This slowdown does not occur at any other time except after having performed the above!!!

This is an annoying issue, however i do not neccesarily believe that it is unique to the TG01, the reason why i say this is that i noticed such issues with my Ipaq 214; if you remove and then re-insert

the SD card in the 214, CP will ask to update the device, and even if you select yes sometimes (1 in 8 or 10 time) that slowdown will also occur. Something which i think is linked between the SD card slot

& Core Player. The main issue with the TG01 is that it is quite noticeable, given the usual operation of the lightning fast processor, and nothing seems to clear the issue. It can last from a few seconds

to hours (as it did on sunday), and in my case even after removing the battery and MicroSD card the problem still persisted.

As a solution (possibly placebo, but it seems to work) i switch off the device then go thru the steps to perform a Physical Hard Reset (see Pauls pinup at the top of the forum), but instead of keeping my

finger on the power button, as soon as it switches on I let go. This seems to get it back to normal (I do not however have any empirical data to confirm this :) )

Anyways, for those of you not put to sleep or tears and that get to the bottom of this post, thanks for reading.

ps. yes, i did disable the 'prompt' to update in CP!

Edited by bbmalver

Guest justj

Of course, do a soft or hard reset will solve the slugishness but that's not the point.

The problem I encounterd is software related I think. I find that after installing AE Button Plus, SBSH GoNew Touch my phone become so slow that I have to wait 1 minute or more to bring SMS page up.

So I steer clear of the problem applocations and the phone normally runs smoothly- ish.

p.s. Pocket Music also cause some problem with this phone. maybe we should list all the applications that we have problem using with Tg01 here.

And all the above mentioned applications have no problem running on my other less powerful phones ie Gsmart T600 and Asus p750.

• 1 month later...

I had this problem with my first TG01 handset and I assumed it was third part apps. My replacement TG01 had the same slow downs today after a hard reset and yet I had no third party apps installed. I had not even opened any of my programs other than the file explorer. It took over 10 seconds just to open the system tab in the settings menu, and then kept freezing, sometime with nothing running at all.

Guest Neil5459
I had this problem with my first TG01 handset and I assumed it was third part apps. My replacement TG01 had the same slow downs today after a hard reset and yet I had no third party apps installed. I had not even opened any of my programs other than the file explorer. It took over 10 seconds just to open the system tab in the settings menu, and then kept freezing, sometime with nothing running at all.

Is yours an Orange device columbo? Does it have the ROM 5001.0001.58 version? (I presume they are all the same?)

Mine is Orange with that ROM, but I've never seen the slowdowns you, and others have reported, though I have had 3 instances of the storage card corruption in the 8 weeks I've had it.

Have you made any changes to the Custom setting in Power Saving Settings control? Unfortunately the 2 main settings are not configurable, but the Custom one allows a balanced power to be set. I have mine set for most of the options to be mid-way and the screen brightness to be manual. In this way I can have a shortcut to the brightness within the PocketPlus dropdown (or on a Mobile Shell screen) and to the Power Saving Settings, for when I want to quickly boost power.

If you haven't already, could you please email Toshiba Customer support, particularly about the card corruptions. The more of us that do it, the more they will be seeking a fix. There are some indications that some of the problems are associated with the new Snapdragon processor, but nothing confirmed.

• 1 year later...
Guest Knudmand

Did anyone find a fix to the TG01 slow down issue. I have i bad (since I all the time re-install an image). If I leave the thing untuched it is ok, but if I reinstall a back-up, (Sprite Backup or SPB Backup) or if I change the SD card i get the problem. It is very hard to find the problem, and reset, battery out etc. only some times works.

Pls. help :-(

/Knudmand

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bbmalver
Did anyone find a fix to the TG01 slow down issue. I have i bad (since I all the time re-install an image). If I leave the thing untuched it is ok, but if I reinstall a back-up, (Sprite Backup or SPB Backup) or if I change the SD card i get the problem. It is very hard to find the problem, and reset, battery out etc. only some times works.

Pls. help :-(

/Knudmand

Whoo, this is going back for me (two phones ago). The last time I encountered the issue was prior to an upgrade to wm6.5. So if you're on 6.1, upgrade. If you're already on 6.5, then no clue!

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

All I can suggest is you take a look at the different roms on XDA-Developers in the TG01 section.

I am currently using Mirom BETA4 and I dont have any of the issues you describe.