Not too keen about receiving the Hero tomorrow ...

Guest Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura

TBH I'm not excited about it but for £166 as an upgrade I thought it's a bargain.

Now some questions ...

That 1350 mah battery how long will it last ?

I carry 2x2800mah batteries for my tytn ii because I do like to use some juice....

Let's say I go on a 2 hour walk.

- GPS recording and uploading my GPS position to a website in realtime.

- A2DP headset connected playing music

- Music is being streamed from my house over 3g

Under these conditions I will use up 50% of the battery, I'm guessing the Hero will die ?

Guest Subliminal Aura
Mine arrive tomorrow too! Let us know how you find the battery life!

P

Actually Orange faffed up so I rang them this morning to change the contract ....

Anyway got my tracking number now so it'll be with me tomorrow.

I've also listed it on ebay so I won't know what the battery life is going to be like :)

Whoooo Hoooooooo !

There is no way I expect the battery to last especially with the way I use the mobile. Going to stick with the tytn ii ;)

Guest Mysterious Stranger
TBH I'm not excited about it but for £166 as an upgrade I thought it's a bargain.

Now some questions ...

That 1350 mah battery how long will it last ?

£166 as an upgrade? what do you pay per month? seems steep to me - phone can be had for free if you'd churned..

Never had any battery issues with the G1 so can only think the hero improves on that.

M.S

Guest Subliminal Aura

I pay 17 a month for unlimited net and 50 mins free landline inc 0845 nos off peak a day.

Paul I'm posting this using opera mini, nice to see your site working again.

I might be curious tomorrow, we'll see

Guest rav1patel

The battery's not great. On a normal day mine lasts from the morning till about 5 or 6. That's with sending roughly 50 texts, an hour and a bit of talk, push sync on and a bit of tweeting.

Today mine was fully charged in the morning. Made about half an hour of calls, 40 texts, no internet use except push sync. battery is down to 31%. I'd say I'm a heavy user so if you're not it should easily last a full day.

Guest Subliminal Aura
The battery's not great. On a normal day mine lasts from the morning till about 5 or 6. That's with sending roughly 50 texts, an hour and a bit of talk, push sync on and a bit of tweeting.

Today mine was fully charged in the morning. Made about half an hour of calls, 40 texts, no internet use except push sync. battery is down to 31%. I'd say I'm a heavy user so if you're not it should easily last a full day.

Thanks for that valuable info mate.... and what can I say but 'OUCH' !

That's relatively light usage compared to the usage I highlighted in my first post.

For 2 hours solid usage (everything actively streaming GPS, HSDPA + Bluetooth) on a battery twice the capacity of the Hero my battery will deplete by 50%. The Hero will be dead in 2 hours under those conditions, the standard battery on the tytn ii would die in 90 minutes until eventually the heavy usage got the better of it to the point that it would die in 50-60minutes hence my upgrade to a couple of 2800mah batteries !

Anyone know if any extended batteries or external mobile power options are available for the z(h)ero :)

I do have to agree with you that this is a desirable phone but like the tytn ii it's going to take me a good couple of months to get perfect and I really ask myself if it's worth the effort.

Thanks guys

That's weird... I get more than that on my G1 and Magic and the G1 has a smaller battery. My Hero is arriving today, so i'll post on how I find battery life.

I have found that using GPS or WiFi on Android with the screen OFF seems to be more battery friendly than on WM, but it's hard to post direct comparisons until I finish CamerAware Android... :)

P

Guest Subliminal Aura
I HAZ TOO!

Waiting on the pink one now... which is at the mercy of CityLink, lord help us! ;)

P

Congrats - Shiny shiny :) ... Would love to see a video of the pink one !

Guest mattmayatt

Have you guys got progs running in the background if so you need to get a task manager from android market , a good free one is task killer.

This should save battery :)

Guest Subliminal Aura
Have you guys got progs running in the background if so you need to get a task manager from android market , a good free one is task killer.

This should save battery :)

I second that ... taskiller is a must have.

Are there any other good task managers ?

Edited by Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura
I use Task Manager 1.7. Works well but need to try Task Killer.

I now use both ... Task Killer has a quick way to 'kill all'.

Guest rav1patel
I now use both ... Task Killer has a quick way to 'kill all'.

Tried out Advanced Task Killer. Don't like the way its defaults to selecting all. Gonna stick with Task Manager.