G-Sensor in TG01 - Emu Dev?

Guest Moskape

Guest Moskape

Hello @all,

I figured out, that the Toshiba developers seems to use a G-Sensor, which is not supported in the moment by most of the games/apps out there. The apps are normally based on the HTC Sensor API and this API only supports HTC devices with G-Sensors and the Samsung Omnia device.

After searching and trying a bit, I found the "SixSensorBG.dll" in the windows dir, some regkeys and I "see" the methods in it with the Dependence Walker. My problem is, that, even if I am a windows developer, I have not much idea of windows mobile development. So I am asking for some help here.

My idea is, to develop a "wrapper" dll like other people did for other devices. This dll should be called, like the HTC Dlls (HTCSensorSDK.dll and HTCAPI.dll) and should call the "real" Toshiba SixSensorBG.dll and translate the calls from and return values into HTC format. So the existing apps should not notice that there are running on a TG01. An emulator if you want to call it like this.

What do you think? Is somethink like this possible? And who can give me some help with it?

BTW: The european support from Toshiba never answered me to my question of a Sensor API for the TG01, no surprise at all.

Bye

Moskape

Edited by Moskape

Guest The Real Mc Coy

You should contact the guy who developped the API for HTC and Omnia (Windows Mobile Unified Sensor API) : Koushik Dutta.

Maybe he could add the TG01 sensor...

There are lots of infos on his website :) : http://www.koushikdutta.com

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Guest Moskape

Hi Mc Coy,

thanks for the advice, I already tried this some days ago, but maybe the e-amil address of Koush I found is outdated.

I now started a discussion thread on the codeplex site of the Sensor API, but there is not much discussion in the last few month -g-

Lets see what will happens next.

Bye

Moskape

Guest i900french-addict

Schtruck, one of the two the creators of FpseCE (the psx emulator for Windows Mobile) just got his TG01 and he told me he will try to work on the G-sensor to try to implement it in FpseCE.

I hope he will do so, because this may open the way to use this G-sensor for other applications !

(he sometimes fixes some things while developping fpsece, for example, he implemented a fix that allows to press 2 buttons simultaneously on the i780 keyboard )

Guest LeSScro

Happy to read this news... G-senfor from Toshiba... Struck, i900French addict,...

And Ldchen ? :)

Maybe more apps can adapt this to Toshiba G-Sensor...

Guest Paul Diston
can this helps :D ?

Hi,

If someone were to download the PDF and maybe wrap the calls to Axcon.dll up in C#, would that someone be getting themselves into any trouble?

Thanks

Paul

Guest zehlein
Hopefully this will help someone integrate the G-Sensor data into their applications or games for the TG01.

Thanks Paul, sure it will help!

Edited by zehlein

• 5 months later...
Guest LeSScro
Hi,

I have blogged about my experience in regard to creating a C# wrapper for the Axcon.DLL here :-

http://smartmobidevice.blogspot.com/2009/0...elerometer.html

Hopefully this will help someone integrate the G-Sensor data into their applications or games for the TG01.

Thanks

Paul Diston

hi, Paul...

thx for Ur sample... very appreciate !

i work with a dev to integrate g-sensor feature on a pplication but it work on VB.net and have problem to exploit Uu sample and DLL...

have you a tips to help us ?

THX, !!!