Leftover CABS

Guest PPpebble88

Guest PPpebble88

Sorry about the lack of "depth" in this question, but after we install a program using a CAB such as GoogleMaps or G-Alarm, can we delete the CAB to save space? Thanks.

Guest syrguy1969
Sorry about the lack of "depth" in this question, but after we install a program using a CAB such as GoogleMaps or G-Alarm, can we delete the CAB to save space? Thanks.

Sure...no problem. Personally I create a folder in My Storage or the memory card and keep a copy in case of a hard reset or flash, but you don't NEED the CAB to run the app after installation.

Guest Uribam

Yeah, keeping the cabs is mega useful. Here's a good reason why. G-Alarm used to be totally free, now they charge for a license. I don't need a zillion features for my alarm clock, I just want the thing to go off when I need to go to work. I didn't keep the old cab file for the free G-Alarm, I downloaded the new one from Ageye when I flashed to the rom I'm using now. Yesterday it said it was expiring. Luckily, my boss got the same phone I have and happened to have the 1.5.1 version cab on his Omnia and sent it via Bluetooth today. Now I have an alarm clock for tomorrow. I'd recommend getting some SD card to store the cabs you download on it. Doesn't have to be huge, just a gig or two I'd surmise. You won't regret it after a rom flash or upgrading software that used to be free to something that costs money. Hope this helps you mate.

Guest Slappa

Personally I back them up in My Storage, in case I have issues with one program messing up another & want to reinstall, but I also keep everything on my computer so in the event of having to hard reset, I've got everything to hand rather than having to trawl message boards for months :D

Guest Zealster

I used to keep everything on my computer but now I just have a separate folder on my phone that I keep cabs in just in case of a hard reset or a new ROM. Also when I'm trying out different programs (like substitutes), it's nice to be able to quickly uninstall and reinstall.

Guest stirkac

you do even have an option in registry (check advanced config) to delete cab after install. i personally keep all my phone stuff on computer and from november when i got phone i collected like 3GB of stuff. nasty :D

Guest La Traviata

I keep all my apps on my PC (some are .exe only) but I also have a folder for cabs on my phone, in case I need to reinstall something on the go.