Omnia II i8000 Flashing ROM Procedure

Guest previa

Guest maxw3l

I managed to flash to J1 using Windows XP guest on Virtualbox on Windows 7 x64 host.

You just need to make sure you reconnect the virtual USB device after reboots.

Guest misterno
I managed to flash to J1 using Windows XP guest on Virtualbox on Windows 7 x64 host.

You just need to make sure you reconnect the virtual USB device after reboots.

Where did you get the J1

is that a total english version ?

I flashed mine with H9 but even if I chose english language

when in landscape mode the numbers come in chinese characters and there is no way to switch back to the english ones

In normal mode sometimes when the keyboard comes on has chinese characters but if I hit the "abc" button to change characters switches back to english characters.

Also I noticed that in landscape mode the keyboard it is much harder to press, half of the times when I press a letter the phone acknowledges it and sounds the typing but the letter doesn't show and I have to press it again and harder to make it show.

Anyone else got this problem ?

Guest moartone

hey everybody...

i didn´t find Eboot_I8000XXIG1_HW_40.eb0 to select in the octan downloader...where i find these files ? i think it´s easy but my english is so bad.. ;(

thank you

I think i'm having big problem. My phone can't even be hard reset now. When i hard reset it, the screen just show " phone - ! -computer" (in picture).

i followed the instructions

For more detailed

Step 1) E.Boot Select >E.boot_I8000XXXXX_HW_40_ebo

Step 2) MultiCSC Select > CSC_I8000XXXX_CSC (you can selected with difference language)

Step 3) MoviNAND Select > PDA_I8000XXX_HW_40.MST

Step 4) Phone Select > Phone_I8000XXX_REV-0X

Step 5) Phone power on (must be)> USB cable connect with Computer

Step 6) Press the OCTANS Downloader (Detect icon).

Step 7) Turn "OFF" the Phone power

Step 8) The Starting Downloading icon will be change to black color. then starting the flashing ROM process

but i don't have the csc file at all.

i press "detect" then connect my phone while it's off. i then press "start downloading". then the appcrash. i'm using vista 32bit.

now i can't even hard reset. anything i can do? thanks.

When u c the "Phone - | - Computer" pic, try to reflash again with only the phone part, it will boot up again. Phone is not brick yet. I just tried it as my "My Storage" has disappeared.

Can only flash CSC and phone, PDA cannot be flashed as it needs the "My Storage for downloading the firmware to the hidden partition".

Guest inmatrixout
When u c the "Phone - | - Computer" pic, try to reflash again with only the phone part, it will boot up again. Phone is not brick yet. I just tried it as my "My Storage" has disappeared.

Can only flash CSC and phone, PDA cannot be flashed as it needs the "My Storage for downloading the firmware to the hidden partition".

This is hardware problem!!!

This is hardware problem!!!

Thanks.

Yup, I know. I need to go the service center. Tot my phone bricked, so just try sice Octans still can detect my phone Iwhen i power it off and on, only with that "phone-|-computer" pic. Just to try my luck to flash only the phone part and my phone is still working except without "My Storage". :)

Now my firmware is as below:

PDA: I8000NXXIJ1

CSC: I8000XEEIJ4

PHONE: I8000XIJ2

Edited by KSTAN

Guest gpap2004

I tryied to update my phone in J3 rom wm6.5. I connect it through octans , and when procedure began, a message appeared in octans: bootloader failed! Now my new phone is totally dead! Totally!

One more successfully flash!

Hi!

I just found your website yesterday and after reading everything twice, I've flashed my phone a few minutes ago.

It was great! I hope it will fix my problems with Active Sync and WLAN.

There was just one tiny little blemish: Although I have installed German Language (MultiCSC: I8000AUTIJ1.csc which should be Austria, I thought), the weekdays are in French...

But I will search a solution and install my apps (SPB Mobile Shell, SKTools, TomTom,.....) tomorrow.

Best regards,

heo

One more successfully flash!

Hi!

I just found your website yesterday and after reading everything twice, I've flashed my phone a few minutes ago.

It was great! I hope it will fix my problems with Active Sync and WLAN.

There was just one tiny little blemish: Although I have installed German Language (MultiCSC: I8000AUTIJ1.csc which should be Austria, I thought), the weekdays are in French...

But I will search a solution and install my apps (SPB Mobile Shell, SKTools, TomTom,.....) tomorrow.

Best regards,

heo

set ur language in Regional Settings. :)

Guest gpap2004
I tryied to update my phone in J3 rom wm6.5. I connect it through octans , and when procedure began, a message appeared in octans: bootloader failed! Now my new phone is totally dead! Totally!

i think that i am the first worldwide who has a totally dead omnia2 after a rom change procedure!

Guest tacchan23
Hi,

Anyone know why when I click on Octans 'detect' activesync disconnects my phone?

Thanks,

gary

Why is your phone connected to your PC when you press "detect" on Octans?

Guest Gary Crutcher

Uh...because I thought is was supposed to be connect through a USB connection.

If I am doing it wrong, please advice to the correct way.

Thanks

Guest tacchan23
Uh...because I thought is was supposed to be connect through a USB connection.

If I am doing it wrong, please advice to the correct way.

Thanks

1) Disconnect phone.

2) turn off phone

3) start OCTANS and fill required fields/checkboxes as in original guide.

4) Press "Detect" button

5) connect Phone to computer (make sure phone was turned off before connecting)

6) as OCTANS detect phone, press "Start Download"

7) wait till whole operation end.

Guest Shadowy

My phone is always connected when I press detect. Flashed maybe a dozen times, 6.1 and 6.5 with no problems.

Guest tacchan23
My phone is always connected when I press detect. Flashed maybe a dozen times, 6.1 and 6.5 with no problems.

well, I guess it's off at least? if not, I don't understand anymore how to use too ahaha

Guest Shadowy
well, I guess it's off at least? if not, I don't understand anymore how to use too ahaha

Phone is on when I press detect, then power off and it goes into recharging and then bootloader mode.

Someone have drivers for Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

Or can is use Octan 2.1 and it will works on Windows 7 and Windows Vista?

Use the search button. There is an entire forum thread with all files and instructions about flashing in Windows 7 and Vista - it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Edit: It took me less than 20 seconds to find - about the same time it would have taken you to write your question :) :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...windows-7-only/

Edited by GeneNZ

I just installed the rom and it works fine, but the only thing I can't find anymore is how to turn touchwiz 2.0 off. Does anyone know how to get that ?

Thanks

Fjonn