OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Guest GinKage

AndrewTan,

In fact, it works on my device (J6 as well) with the version I posted.

BTW, what do you mean by "just hanging there"? Can you post a video of what's happening (PM me with it)?

Guest AndrewTan
AndrewTan,

In fact, it works on my device (J6 as well) with the version I posted.

BTW, what do you mean by "just hanging there"? Can you post a video of what's happening (PM me with it)?

- I copy the libgles_cm to windows\ and change value of GlEnabed from 0 to 1 at registry.

- Restart the device.

- Open any carousel (Menu, Contact or 3D email)

- A blank screen will appear and in a second my SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 will just hang there,and nothing can be touch anymore for SPB. (my phone is not hang, just the SPB mobile shell hang)

Edited by AndrewTan

Further comfirmed that tower defence 1.1 will RUN on omnia 2 with your libgles but theres alot of graphical bug in it.

First try. xtrakt shows a black screen....Second try after a restart IT WORKS!

Note: the carousel WORKS(h3 rom) but its super buggy...as usual clicking on it does nth.

Hope it helps =)

Edit :Going to try out slivermoon now.

Edit2: cant work =( even with the latest version.

Slivermoon is a nice ui...maybe you could also try making it possible? i`m sure alot of developers would use it since its open source. :D PURELY SUGGESTION...please do not reply with

"Either u got big balls or you are as shameless and faceless as it gets.. "

or

"Yes u are sure that everyone is waiting for the devs finish their job. Only most of us have the courtesy to sit back and keep our mouth shut ... If we do have to "open" them... we try to encourage the devs in a good way and not rushing them. Imagine dev's just WAITING like you are, for the GL to be complete... they arent waiting they are working... for free. So if u do want to speed things up, do it the right way and donate the money or sit back and pray that time passes by quickly and that in that time the devs would be able to complete the much needed work."

Once again thx for all your hard work especially GinKage

Edited by Kel-

Guest lululala
- I copy the libgles_cm to windows\ and change value of GlEnabed from 0 to 1 at registry.

- Restart the device.

- Open any carousel (Menu, Contact or 3D email)

- A blank screen will appear and in a second my SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 will just hang there,and nothing can be touch anymore for SPB. (my phone is not hang, just the SPB mobile shell hang)

I did the exact same things... all carousels worked with no problem... of coz clicking at the carousel does nothing... running IJ6 there...  perhaps ur SPB MS has some 3rd party hacks ?

Guest AndrewTan
I did the exact same things... all carousels worked with no problem... of coz clicking at the carousel does nothing... running IJ6 there... perhaps ur SPB MS has some 3rd party hacks ?

Hmm.... why mine not working? :D

My SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 is download from official site which means is clean, no 3rd party hacks.

Why! Why! Why!

I did the exact same things... all carousels worked with no problem... of coz clicking at the carousel does nothing... running IJ6 there... perhaps ur SPB MS has some 3rd party hacks ?

or themes?

Guest AndrewTan
or themes?

Themes?

I using PureBlack theme for my WM (I don't think it affected)

The SPB 3.5 I on 5 page for lifestyle and 3 page for professional look.

I using SPB 3.5 + Samsung Widget Plus Today.

I do install .net 3.5 and samsung SDK before because it needs for Resco Snake, Resco Bubbles & Jumba

Guest tacchan23

For me is working too and my SPB MS has been hacked over and over in the last few days^^

Guest GinKage
Further comfirmed that tower defence 1.1 will RUN on omnia 2 with your libgles but theres alot of graphical bug in it.

OK, I've looked into it.

Funny thing: Tower Defense asks for a Z-buffer, enables depth test, and then draws all the sprites on the same Z-plane.

So, what I did, is just created a version that detects Tower Defense and turns off Z-buffer for it. It's a hack, but it works. :D

Attached to this post is the dll version 0.201, with Tower Defense working great now!

libgles_cm.zip

Edited by GinKage

Guest Guizmox

Thank you very much for your work.

=> I tried GLbench 0.2, it works, (the 2 first tests are very slow) : http://pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19811

=> OpenGL test works fine : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=511363

I added to /windows/ folder the "libgles_cl" wrapper ( I don't find the link, it has been released on XDA. It was supposed to wrap every 2700g instruction to a comprehensible CM one)

=> All the PowerVR demos coming from OGLES 1 SDK run fine ( http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-sdk.asp )

=> CUBE works (but unable to move because the lack of hardware buttons / seems very buggy) : http://sourceforge.net/projects/cube/files...es.zip/download

Edited by Guizmox

Guest AndrewTan

Still not working, my SPB still hanging,

I am re-download the SPB now ....see problem solved or not.

The OpenGL test is working but it use the 2.0 version (as you can seen from the test result) not the old 1.0 version.

Guest AndrewTan

Oh My GOD! It really is my previous SPB download version got problem!

I just reinstall ...and now! Yahoo! the carousel is working! It is hardware accelerated! Just as you said before it cannot click.

Wait your even better version!

Thanks a lot! Ginkage :D

Guest AndrewTan

I know why already.

Not the SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 issue

But the SPB Weather issue!

After I re-install SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, the SPB Weather not working.

So I re-install the SPB Weather, now my SPB Mobile Shell not working again. (in HW accelerate mode)

After remove tht SPB Weather (which also remove plugin for SPB Mobile Shell)

Now my HW carousels is working.

Hi, Ginkage, do you might check what is the exact problem?

Edited by AndrewTan

Just tested the latest compatibility layer...tower defence works..perfectly..unlike the last implementation.

However...ever since the "installation" of the compatibility layer..opera browser 9.7 (beta) has some graphical bugs..when its in fullscreen and the bookmarks menu.

Guest GinKage
However...ever since the "installation" of the compatibility layer..opera browser 9.7 (beta) has some graphical bugs..when its in fullscreen and the bookmarks menu.

Yes. It was initially listed under "Known issues". :D It is a Samsung's bug, in fact.

You may put this libGLES_CM.dll into the game installation folder, so it won't be used in any other app including Opera.

Edited by GinKage

Yes. It was initially listed under "Known issues". :D It is a Samsung's bug, in fact.

You may put this libGLES_CM.dll into the game installation folder, so it won't be used in any other app including Opera.

Ok thanks =)

Guest Ichigo80

"change of GlEnabed value from 0 to 1 at registry"

Can you tell me where bramble Glenabed to change? I am using regedit but I can not find him!

then to run the graphics hardware in essence, that procedure must be adopted?

I already downloaded the add-in libraries!

Edited by Ichigo80

Guest NuShrike

Alright, sounds like one of the first things to do is to rewrite the libEGL since it uses DirectDraw, but the implemented code performs fairly slow.

In fact, I'm mystified why Samsung would choose Directdraw over a more direct driver access like ATI did with ahi2dati.dll. Meanwhile, even on the original Omnia, DirectDraw kicked arse in speed and was intensely accelerated along with GDI. Isn't the case with the Omnia 2.

Guest GinKage

Hm, I thought that DirectDraw is quite fast on Omnia 2.

Also, as I looked into eglSwapBuffers, what I found there was plain BitBlt, without any DirectDraw use.

Guest dagrim1
"change of GlEnabed value from 0 to 1 at registry"

Can you tell me where bramble Glenabed to change? I am using regedit but I can not find him!

then to run the graphics hardware in essence, that procedure must be adopted?

I already downloaded the add-in libraries!

You can find it here:

HKLM\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Gl\

Oh and btw, this also works fine for the B7610 :D

Edited by dagrim1

Guest daskalos

Tested the libgles_cm.dll on AcerM900

Xtrakt now runs

and SPB 3.5 3D view now works

But it seems there are problems with M900: Missing graphics in xtrakt (there is no background graphics, rider and the enemies are the only visible graphics) and other graphic glitches in spb 3.5 and Tower Defense

I know this dll was made for i8000, so maybe some few "rewritting" on the driver to make it fully compatible with M900. I know Mr. NuShrike has a M900,so will the team make a dll for this device too? (Pretty Pls.) :D

On the bright side FerrariGT now runs on M900 with the team's dll...

Edited by daskalos

Guest GinKage

Hm, strange...

Missing graphics in xtrakt (there is no background graphics, rider and the enemies are the only visible graphics)

This means the lack of Z-buffer (where it should be)...

and other graphic glitches in spb 3.5 and Tower Defense

And glitches in Tower Defense mean the presence of a Z-buffer (where it shouldn't be). That's double strange. Are you using the dll from page 11?

Guest daskalos
Hm, strange...

This means the lack of Z-buffer (where it should be)...

And glitches in Tower Defense mean the presence of a Z-buffer (where it shouldn't be). That's double strange. Are you using the dll from page 11?

Yup I'm using the driver from page 11

Running Tower Defense 1.1 and these are the issues...

Fonts, Overlays and Moving Graphics were flickering

Some graphics were blending with other graphics (making them mixed up)

Stationary Graphics and Fonts tear when using screen buttons, panning and scrolling

Other grapic parts are invisible/ doesn't show

Graphics tear diagonally

Edited by daskalos